Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Order || From: Blood Dragons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: avatar_30918.png?dateline=1449208332]

[Image: wFdjUzP.png]
[Image: tGPptU8.gif]

Identification: Dragon Hayashi Aiko
Subject: The Sleeping Dragon Wakes

[Image: KxINWT1.gif]

Ohayō gozaimasu,

First, I would like to apologise, for the dishonour of a lowly Dragon contacting you and not someone superior to myself, however these are hard times and we all must be prepared to do what we must.

I am contacting to inform you of a breakdown of relations between the Gen'an Cell and the Blood Dragon Shogunate. Not so long ago, the Gen'an Cell launched an attack on Kyoto base utilising what we believe to be a 'high yield electro-magnetic warhead', which ultimately overloaded and disrupted Kyoto's power systems. While back up power has been restored to most of the station and as estimations have it, we are steadily recovering from this blow dealt against us, it is too soon to know the degree of damage inflicted or any loss of life that may have been caused.

Shortly after the attack, the Blood Dragon Shogunate issued a formal declaration of war towards the Gen'an, officially beginning hostilities between once honoured allies.

This path to war began with the arrival of a Coalition base in Kyushu. One that we had planned to establish with the Coalition for a long time now. It's purpose is to act as a depot for Coalition vessels on their way into Kusari, enroute to assist us. It is not an invasion, we inivted them in.

Unfortunately however, the Gen'an as well as other groups discovered the base far sooner than our initial analysis projected, resulting in a blue on blue scenario around the Coalition base; involving both parties of Chrysanthemums, the Outcasts, the Coalition, ourselves and a perculiar wing of Naval Forces warships. Tensions were high, all it took was for one to start shooting for this mess to start. While we have claims that the Gen'an fired upon a Dragon Shogunate vessel and another source that informed us the Aoi Isejiin were present, we don't care anymore.

Following this brief skirmish outside of the Coalition base, the Gen'an sisterhood have attempted mutliple excursions into Chugoku. In the first, we detected an Outcast vessel involved, one that the Gen'an continuously ask for proof of, as if they deny the event ever happening.
In the second attempt that I am aware of, the Gen'an Sisterhood decided it would be amicable to fly to Kyoto, insult Daimyo Takeda, his wingman and the Shogun himself! Then demand proof from us, their allies! During this, they refused to leave the system, to which the Battleship Taiho responded with lethal force, following a third warning.

Attached are the communications logs from the Battleship Taiho. - Further evidence may be avaliable upon request.

We do not expect the Order to come to our aid in this conflict, as it was wrong of us to ignore the warning you provided us in the past with regards to the Outcasts and even the Chrysanthemums. Instead we merely wish to keep you, our most trusted ally, informed of the situation and hope that our continued friendship knows no end.

The drums of war sound. Beware the hidden Dragon growls.

Arigatōgozaimashita,
Hayashi Aiko
Dragon of Nakai Clan.

[Image: 1Id6eUb.gif]

Genaan

Instead of text or audio message, it seemed the Admiral was not in the right disposition and wanted to spare constantly rewriting his speech prior to sending. Anachronistic pen and paper - all crumpled up in frustration - which did not fit the industrial, modern look of whatever starship or base he was currently held up at. He wore an uniform fitting of his faction though where silvery details marked the Order’s black, it was replaced by Overwatch’s gold. It could not be decided where the message was recorded, though it was obvious he was alone at the moment.

Well, this explains the sudden radiation spikes. It seems we are also the last people to know.

The Admiral was clearly agitated, clenching his fist and contemplating on slamming the desk in front of which he was seated. Only now however his tone progressed to accusation as his personal brief history with Genaan was evident.

I find it mildly put - annoying - that Blood Dragons had put their entire weight: diplomatic and military might in defense of the Sirius Coalition against your so-called ally, wherever Shogunate’s reaction to those witches assaulting Order ships in the same system half a year ago had almost gone unnoticed. Only now however the psychotic, myopic, hedonistic, fanatical, self proclaimed revolutionary schoolgirl poetry club known widely across Kusari as ‘Genaan’ managed to get their hands on a weapon of mass destruction. Only now they launched it at the beating heart of your movement, the temporary capital of Kyoto. I find Shogunate’s methods arbitrary, discordant and spineless. At last you acknowledged that not adhering to Order’s wisdom at the time was catastrophic. Now, neither of us can allow the gravity of the consequences to crush us. Learn from this and move on, this is our privilege as warriors.

He stopped, staring onto something out of the recipient's ability to see. Snapping out of this, he still spoke sternly but had dealt out his tirade to its end. Deep breath preceded the next part of the monologue. Still stern, what followed was more of a standard mannerism that Blood Dragons already knew and could expect of the current leader of The Order.

You personally may not care, but The Order does. If the Nomads had anything to do with this war, it is our imperative more than the Genaan itself to determine the full extent of this infestation. I need data on all groups taking part, extent of their involvement as well as objectives. This goes towards any other group that has aligned yourself to your cause that we might not already know. What is the stance of the other GC cells? Release every evidence and comm to us.

Furthermore, we also have to admit that the Coalition also dealt a hand in this monumental cockup. How was this base in Kyushu called? It is completely surrounded and deep in Chrysanthemum territory. Galactic north: Chrysanthemum; South: Chrysanthemum; East: Samura’s cronies; West: Maltese. They have to be made aware that it may be tactically and strategically impossible to hold out in-system. While I am not - in the slightest! - surprised by the sudden aggression, I also cannot approve Genaan’s actions of escalating it to wholesome slaughter. They know no restraint.

While normally I would be confident that Shogunate on its own could break their backs, the Outcasts tilt the balance against us. Where are we needed the most? As a military leader, I recommend consolidation of your core territories and branching out to bite hard where it hurts. Genaan are also a form of a cult, therefore there may be at least one thing they hold dear and holy. As they target your civilians indiscriminately, we too have to descend to their level, embrace the darkness and break their resolve at their own game.

Transmission ends as abruptly as it started but not before his last uttered words could be heard by the other side.

I am going to move down to Kusari myself.

Grand Admiral Michal Golanski
1st Battlegroup "Wargods", Black Fleet