Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Dir. Victor Steiner; From: Gov-Gen Cdre. E. Hall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Message Class: Audio-Visual

Encryption: Assam
To: Director Victor Steiner, SIS

[Image: kbZ39Em.jpg]

Hello Victor! You can hear me loud and clear now, no? Those technicians you sent that time were very skilled, it's like if I've got an entirely new relay!

So I'm calling you about the Crimeans. My cute little puppet state, if you remember. Selim and his chaps. He says that he's established his authority there firmly enough and that the role of a privateer no longer suits him, having his admirable efforts in mind -- for a communist at least -- at civilizing his state. I suggested him to work together with the SIS under the BIS guise, as that is the most likely scenario to get him back his throne, seat, wobbly wooden tripod or whatever they can afford on Volgograd. Would you approve?

Open for Replies
[Image: Sr8bNUP.png]

To:Governor Hall

Governor

In a word, no.

In a sentence, we do not find Selim trustworthy enough to work with given his connections with the RHA and ideological incompatibility with the Service and Bretonia. In addition to his inability to contain the political strife that lead to his downfall and lack of interest in ousting foreign influence within the SCRA at the time, which leads us to conclude that any involvement with the Service would be a security threat we are not willing to risk.

Additionally, putting Selim back into his position as premier of the SCRA does not benefit Bretonia in the long run nor do we see how he could dissuade the SCRA population from continuing their attacks on Bretonia, especially since it was his involvement with us that lead to Keller and others ousting him in the first place.

Unless a legitimate reason other than 'it might be a good idea' is presented, we see the risk as unnecessary and so we are unwilling to embark on that venture until we are satisfied there will be a reasonable chance of success, which we do not have at the moment.

V. Steiner
Director H.M S.I.S
[Image: m85lB37.png]

[Image: arRw1fD.jpg]

I understand that they are expendable, but why such a flinch from them? I assure you, Victor, they do bathe! Even if they were competent enough, how do you expect them to take advantage of the SIS if they are only a subsidiary? Is the flow of information from the HQ to the subsidiaries not watertight? In fact, I believe this would give the SIS more insight into them rather than the vice-versa.

What is going on, Victor? First you take my pilot and send him to Vogtland itself, and now you don't trust our part of the Coalition? Does this have something to do with the Rheinland mess? Are we supposed to support the Hessians now? And where is... that ensign, what was his name? I haven't heard of him ever since.

Open for Replies

Governor

The Service does not make a habit of supporting ventures that have a less than ideal chance at success. There must be a chance of that success and as of now, we do not believe mister Selim has it. Why are you so interested?

Ensign Henrich is doing some work for us, he will be returned to you in good order.

V. Steiner
Director H.M S.I.S

[Image: 6Z8lAyR.jpg]

Victor, Selim doesn't need to be popular if we can reinstate him by force. What were you doing on your history classes? This has been an essential part of politics since the very beginnings! We only need to make it appear that he has support, hence the condition of our peace treaty will never be a Bretonian premier. When the Ark Royal can finally enter, I will have her go on a short business trip to New Moscow and I need Selim to be ready to rally his supporters by the time she's above Volgograd. He can't do much without proper SIS equipment and intelligence support. I understand that Rheinland is more important now, but making Selim's chaps your subsidiary would actually relieve the SIS from some pressure, as it will be Selim covering the Omegas, no?

Open for Replies

Governor

Rheinland is ultimately inconsequential to what we are discussing.

Since you are so intent on carrying forward with this course of action I will provide you with a handful of agents and the intelligence to support your actions. I assume Admiral Steiner is aware of your intentions, nevertheless I have taken the liberty to inform him all the same.

What support the Service can provide, we will, although I am not holding out much hope.

V. Steiner
Director H.M S.I.S

[Image: arRw1fD.jpg]

But they are not becoming your subsidiary?

Open for Replies

Governor

They are not becoming My anything. If they end up being friendlier than the current government, then that will obviously pave the way for a more beneficial relationship.

With that said, the Service does not waste time. So either the Coalition become friendlier and stop this foolish little war of theirs, or they will cease to exist in general. The Ark Royal Fleet has seen little in the way of combat and therefore it has enough firepower to outclass whatever they throw at us. That is an extreme case of course, in the meantime, I assume Selim has been told?

V. Steiner
Director H.M S.I.S

[Image: 9Vhcl67.png]

I understand. I'll tell Selim, but the best he can do is complain, so there will be no issues. Ta-ta!

Open for Replies