Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Natio Octavarium | A Deal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: IAZaAgG.png]
Natio Octavarium...

My name is Fantome. I am the Director of Les Ordonnateurs, a branch of the Office of Confederal Intelligence. My good friend Nathan Williams has advised me to contact you to arrange a deal.

You wish to have 5 l'Ane's yes? Well, in return for that, we require intel on Liberty. Information regarding their Military and Intelligence forces is what I desire. Anything about their so-called "Alaska" system would also be appreciated. And lastly, any information on the Battleship Carcassonne as well.

If you can obtain sufficient intel on these items, we can arrange for you to have your transports.

Regards,
Fantome

[ Incoming Transmission ]

Identification: Coordinator Paracusia
Affiliation: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

To: Fantome

Subject: Snowfall
Encryption: Oui

Bonjour. I'm called Paracusia.

Alaska and the Carcassonne. Quite the tall order.

But well within our abilities. Give us a few days and we should have something for you.

Coordinator Paracusia
Octavarium Intelligence Commission

[ Transmission Ended ]

[ Incoming Transmission ]

[Image: Agent-Mindcrime-New.png]

Identification: Coordinator Mindcrime
Affiliation: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

To: Fantome

Subject: RE: Snowfall
Encryption: Très.

Monsieur ou madame,

You can call me Mindcrime. I am one of the senior coordinators of the Octavarium Intelligence Commission. As such, my job usually involves me piloting a desk, but for a mission of such a sensitive nature, the most experienced hands are often the best.

A summary of the data I have acquired follows:
  • The easiest into Alaska is via a jump hole to the Virginia system; the system is best known as formerly being heavily secured by the Liberty Navy but in recent years, portions of the system have become open to civilian traffic, making it fairly easy to enter when one is pretending to be a freelance cargo pilot.
  • North of the Alaska side of the jump hole there is a jump gate that has been constructed at the end of a series of navigation pylons flanked by weapons platforms. Assessment of the capabilities of the platforms was not performed, though they did attempt at least two missile locks as I passed. [ Attachment: Image ]
  • Continuing down the navigation pylons resulted in being dangerously close to the battleship Minneapolis. The path from there is a trade lane under construction to the south. [ Attachment: Image ]
  • The lane southbound is estimated to be halfway to completion, possibly more. Its southern terminus is an odd-looking station flying Ageira transponder codes. It was at that point that I thought it best to continue off the beaten path and dove into the clouds to intentionally induce scanner interference. [ Attachment: Image ]
  • Following distorted shapes of navigation buoys and lane construction sites resulted in a partial vision of something that... well, I will let our footage speak for itself. [ Attachment: Image ]

They have your ship, alright. It wasn't apparent from the outside what they were doing, but its IFF transponders were active, so they had the lights on in there.

Hopefully this is helpful to your organization. I know it sure is enlightening to mine, and, well... thank you for the opportunity to get my hands dirty again. Been a while since I've gotten in the cockpit.

Coordinator Mindcrime
Octavarium Intelligence Commission

[ Transmission Ended ]

[Image: IAZaAgG.png]
Coordinator Mindcrime

We've have reviewed the intelligence you have given us. Whilst it is... useful, we were expecting something more. We'll give you three l'Anes for what you've given us, but if you want the other two you'll have to step up what you're bringing to the table.

What are the exact grid coordinates for each of these locations? These are important details we need to know. The image of the Carcassonne isn't the clearest... but I understand it'd be precarious for you to get closer. Is there anything else you could tell us?

Regards,
Fantome