Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Rheinland Imperial Government | From: Planetform | Re: Saarbrucken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Planetform, Inc.
[Image: 6gnWlbD.jpg]

To: Rheinland Imperial Government

Subject: Saarbrucken

Good morning,

We wanted to inform you that we are attempting to contact the Hessian leadership to ascertain the status of our remaining people on Saarbrucken. Assuming they haven't harmed our people, we're hoping to hammer out an arrangement with them that would allow work on the planet to continue. The board felt that it would be best that your government be kept in the loop, lest we give the appearance of striking illegal under-the-table deals with terrorist organisations.

We both know that their administration of the system is not permanent, and will only last as long as it takes for your government to organise a proper response. Once you've retaken the system, I'm sure you'll still want a properly terraformed planet, and the process is delicate enough that we can't afford to wait until the situation is resolved. The board, of course, expects that you'll continue to uphold the Rheinland Government's obligations under the terms of our contract, and in return, Planetform will do its best to continue to uphold our end of the contract despite the circumstances in the system.

Dr. Norman Grey
CEO, Planetform, Inc.

Creating Worlds
[Image: 29VkhGO.gif]
[Image: k61Y0RT.gif]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: qm6P4H6.png?1]
With cordial respect to the recipient, from the office of the VonClaussen estate, Planet Hamburg.

Sent on behalf, and dictated by, his excellency, Herr VonClaussen of the Sternenseegarten, Östlichedornberge, Planet Hamburg.

Reviewed by the pressers and communications team of the #Linus827 campaign.

Communications do not constitute policy declarations unless stated by Linus VonClaussen or a representative of the VonClaussen policy team.

The Von Claussens provide signed permission for messages released in these transmissions to be quoted in external forums and media, including press broadcasts.

Addressed to: Dr. Norman Grey, Chief Executive Officer of Planetform Incorporated.
Urgency: Matter of state wealthfare. Urgent.
Encryption: Senatorial encryption.

Linus appears to have brought this one up whilst deep in the heady heart of a Hamburg docker's bar. Exactly what the Duke is doing there remains rather obscure to anyone but himself.

Doctor Grey, my compliments to you and your sterling company. I hear that your share value has risen through your successes on the California Minor project... ah, Anaheim. Pardon my intransigence.

It is my earnest hope that Rheinland's moment in the sun did not unduly panic your shareholders. The abandonment of Saarbrucken has been a sore moment for us all. A necessary one - the empire has an obligation to its citizens; duty took precedence to prevent Stuttgart from burning.

Have no concerns yourself, Sir, A proposition is being drawn up as we speak that will more than balance the scales for your company. One that will make the fate of Saarbrucken a matter best left to our noble patriots in the Military and the Navy. A fateful vote has passed through the royal chamber that will, the Emperor-Elect believes, be a red-letter day for PFI. If you prefer, a red-letter decade, one tied inherently to the Emperor's vision for an Arcadian future for the Rheinland people. A big-ticket project that will bring the certainty and success of the Anaheim project into the ninth century, if not eclipsing it. The imperial court has, as of the time of this transmission, opted unanimously for the venture. If there are objections, they will not reach a majority. The house treasury has been cracked open, and inflation rates are under national management. There are few projects in Sirius which require such a state undertaking. Consider this message an informal first tip, Doctor Grey.

The Crown is simply awaiting the final planetary scans and ice core samples from our fellows in the Imperial planetary sciences board. For now, I am taking the liberty to celebrate - the troops are coming home from the victory parades.

There is only some information that we desire from you, that may influence our proposal.

Given sufficient funding, would Planetform Incorporated be able to extricate its personnel from Saarbrucken, should the Terraforming project utterly cease? And, if not, what would be the net value of their insurance? I have no desire to see your employees die for the bottom line - this is not the Federal republic and we do not ignore human consequence simply from convenience.

You will hear back from the Rheinland government in twenty four hours. Informally, I advise you contact the Colonial News Service and purchase airtime. I hope to meet you in person soon, Mister Grey - we may have a long and productive future together. You have less than twenty-four hours before we present PFI with the particulars. If you have any preparations you need to make for an investment windfall, please do so.

As for now, I intend to take my first stiff drink since entering my new office. Doctor, If you have anything hearty in your desk draw, consider pouring yourself a celebratory glass. Tomorrow, we will both need to get to work. You will hear our offer in full, along with the attached geophysical data, then.

Oh, and thank you for being honest regarding the troubling circumstances in Cologne. You bring credit to your company by dealing in the light. This will be taken note of at the contract negotiations.

Less than twenty four hours, doctor. Good luck to us both!

With civillity and respect, I remain a Servant of his Imperial Majesty, Kaiser Albrecht, and the Imperial Order;
[Image: yJSGkMo.png]