Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: MNG High Command // BAF Admiralty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Audio-Visual
Encryption: Sauvignon blanc

[Image: y0KWRKG.gif]

To the High Command of the Marine Nationale Gauloise,

Good day from the BAF Admiralty, I trust all is well.

In light of the current situation in Rheinland, in particular Cologne, I have been informed by the Bretonian Government to offer any intelligence or material helpful in the task of Hessian removal from Cologne. The Armed Forces have considerable experience in playing with these chaps, and I am sure having access to some of our combat data on their tactics and weaponry, as well as samples from their wrecks in Nottingham (Omega-3), such as a relatively in-tact Vidar-class Cruiser, will be invaluable help in your endeavor to rid Cologne of their presence.

Bretonia has economic interests in that system and trade from Picardy benefits us as it does Rheinland.

Be aware that the Hessians are not ones to negotiate with, and you are likely to be met with arrogance in relation to their combat prowess or military strength. They are that sort of people.

None of the above is indicative of any political stance, and the status of the Rheinland political landscape and whose arse sits on whatever they call a throne on New Berlin does not concern us at the Admiralty as long as they aren't sending fleets at us.

As with our previous communications, we may have been at war less than a year ago, but I do wish your men keep safe.

Regards,

Admiral John Redmond
Dreadnought Venerable, Oversector Outer
Bretonian Armed Forces
6th May 743 A.G.S.
Zurich System
[Image: unknown_21.png]

Sender: Commandant Pierre Vaillant
Recipient: Admiral John Redmond
Subject: You're giving us a cuppa?

Admiral John Redmond,

A large holographic image of Vaillant sitting on his command chair appeared. We could see the old Kingdom of Gallia emblem on the back of the chair as it was not facing the screen. Suddenly, the chair turned in a fast move towards the luminous screen showing up a determined Vaillant holding a glass of wine in his left hand.

It has been some time isn't it? I am sure you remember me that's why I won't waste my time with these boring presentations things.

I believe the events in Rheinland are a concern for our two Houses. The Hessians' advance into Cologne is an unexpected blow for our economic relations with Rheinland. We have been deploying a large Battlegroup to counter this threat and more should follow if necessary.

We are indeed lacking information regarding this new enemy, yet this doesn't sound a greater challenge compared to what we fought in the past, oui? You are right, Admiral. We may have been at war less than a year ago...it appears times can change quickly. The Gallic Navy and myself appreciate your initiative and we gladly accept it. We should discuss the details of the datas and wrecks transfer soon. Perhaps you already have an idea?

Rest assured that we understand the stance of Bretonia, you mentioned it in your message. So does Gallia. Our only concern are the Hessians at he moment.

I'll be awaiting your answer, Admiral. I do wish you and your men a good tea party.

Sincèrement

Vaillant greeted with a gesture of the head while the holographic image was disappearing.

Marine Nationale Gauloise, Commandant Pierre Vaillant.

Attachments:

Transmission Terminée

Commandant Vaillant,

Good to hear from someone I know. I half feared with the jumbled mess that is Gallic politics I would talk to Peter today, Paul tomorrow, and a drug pushing bartender the day after.

I'm glad you are up for a good Hessian bashing, and my boys will have all our goodies gift wrapped for you to collect.

Perhaps you should show the Hessians you don't give a toss and fly right through Cologne to get here.

Regards,

Admiral John Redmond
Bretonian Armed Forces
7th May 743 A.G.S.
Zurich System
[Image: unknown_10.png]

Subject: A challenge, Excellent.

Admiral John Redmond,

A large holographic image of Vaillant sitting on his command chair appeared. We could see the old Kingdom of Gallia emblem on the back of the chair as it was not facing the screen. Suddenly, the chair turned in a fast move towards the luminous screen showing up a determined Vaillant holding a glass of wine in his right hand.

Believe me, that is not a bureaucratic mess that is willing to make me vanish from the scene. He cracks an evil grin.

All these politics talks made us losing a precious time. But I can assure you, Gallia is ready now. The Hessians will now experience the new Gallic storm.

You are now offering us a challenge. Bien. Our soldiers were eager to have a new and unusual mission. However, I should take contact with the Impérialistes for that, this won't be an issue. You will be informed in time, Admiral.

I would like to end this message with a personal question, if you allow me to. Did Bretonia manage starting to recover from the previous and apocalyptic disasters of the end of the conflict? How Bretonia can now turn itself to a new future?

Sincèrement

Vaillant greeted with a gesture of the head while the holographic image was disappearing.

Attachments:

Transmission Terminée

Commandant Vaillant,

I look forward to hearing the good news about Cologne, I truly do.

To descend into more mundane matters, such as the recovery of our little corner of Sirius, to be blunt, it is quite the state we are in.
Our military remains mostly in-tact despite the best efforts of the Gallic Royal Navy, though make no mistake, it bloody hurt.

We can just about hold our current territory, though we are forced to cut corners in places. Communist forces are giving us a terrible time in Exeter, and the Enclave remains a pain in the backside, one I hope you may help with. We will be making some fleet movements in the coming days and weeks to better shore up our security situation, with a particular focus on Leeds and Tau. I hope we may cooperate in joint operations against the Enclave in that area in the near future.

We are trying to rebuild vital infrastructure, and well, we need to secure land for refugees. The Leeds genocide did more than kill what was left of the population on the planet, it deprived the Leeds diaspora of a place to return to by ruining the planet. That is why Exeter is important to us, and why we have negotiated a return of Harris from the Crayter Republic.

Regards,

Admiral John Redmond
Bretonian Armed Forces
10th May 743 A.G.S.
Zurich System
[Image: unknown_10.png]

Subject: Cologne, Bretonia

Admiral John Redmond,

A large holographic image of Vaillant sitting on his command chair appeared. We could see the old Kingdom of Gallia emblem on the back of the chair as it was not facing the screen. Suddenly, the chair turned in a fast move towards the luminous screen showing up a determined Vaillant holding a glass of wine in his right hand.

I have indeed good news, not from Cologne but from Zurich. Gallia is slowly but surely building a strong fleet to defend its interest. As you can see, our forces have deployed two battlegroups to defend Zurich's borders. Such overwhelming force is a fair warning for the Red Hessians.

Obviously, I did not expect Bretonia having fully recovered from its previous disasters. It will take time I guess, but it appears your people have proven themselves able to face enormous obstacle.

Enclave obviously represents a threat for our Houses. While we haven't mounted full-scale operations against them yet, it shouldn't be long before this happens. Right now our main concern is Cologne, but we expect to solve this issue in the upcoming weeks. Once this done, Gallia will focus its attention back on other threats. A mutual cooperation would benefit both of us I guess?

Expect news from Cologne soon, Amiral.

Sincèrement

Attachments:

Transmission Terminée

Commandant Vaillant,

Quite the impressive sight, one I have seen probably too many times already, but at least this time it is not directed at me. You do build some intimidating battleships.

As mentioned previously, we have deployed more forces to the Leeds and Tau front in the interest of securing livable land for our refugees. I will be blunt, Planet Harris is about as far north as a Bretonian Battleship will get for the foreseeable future, with supply lines stretched considerably.

The deployment of the MacDuff however, a fleet very much at home in that icey nightmare of a system, allows us some tactical flexibility in the region, and we will be able to take the fight to the Enclave with forces launched from it. The fleet itself remains in a defensive position at the planet, as we cannot afford to take any risks.

We would appreciate more coordination from the Confederacy in anti-Enclave operations, including joint strikes and cooperative patrols. Bretonia will have no issues with Gallia deploying military forces within Tau-23 or even Tau-31, as we are in such a tentative position right now.

On more mundane, yet vital matters, the Admiralty is looking to secure supplies from your end to ensure we are adequately equipped to hold a fleet in Tau-31, and I will enter negotiation with any corporation or entity willing to fulfill such a mission.

Regards,

Admiral John Redmond
Bretonian Armed Forces
12th May 743 A.G.S.
Zurich System

Subject: Cologne, Bretonia, MacDuff and cuppa

Admiral John Redmond,

Ah oui. I believe we both remember these apocalyptic fights between the largest fleets that Sirius had ever seen around your home planet...Regarding Cologne I have been informed that things are currently happening in the Parisian Assembly. While now I can't give more details, as that's the only thing I am aware of at the moment, the current things may change at any moment.

I see you are a man of words, Amiral. Your forces have effectively returned to Tau-31. The Enclave is certainly not going to appreciate that, you should expect aggressive actions from them. The Gallic Navy forces could provide assistance in case the situaton deteriorates. The system of Tau-23 will have to be reinforced with additional forces as the system is subject to recurrent strikes from Enclave and Outcasts vessels.

The last part of your message is interesting, Admiral. I did not expect the Bretonians asking our help one day. Sarcastic laugh
However, the Marine has a special division for such matter. The Division du Train is currently deploying a lot of efforts in Cologne. Nevertheless it should be ready soon. Do not hesitate to provide additional details in regards of this.

Sincèrement

Attachments:

Transmission Terminée

Commandant Vaillant,

I will hopefully have some details for you in due course, I appreciate that you are heavily distracted in Cologne, so our cooperation can take back seat until it is more relevant. The MacDuff battlegroup is yet to settle itself in the vicinity of Harris and begin sorties into Edinburgh.

To our surprise however, the response from the Enclave have been fairly subdued in Tau-31. A further surprise is their recent incursions into the Exeter System (Omega-49), which represents a considerable overextension on their part, and I assume renders their focus on areas closer to your side of the beast less so. They have a tendency to hit modular bases with heavy assets, a disproportionate use of resources but if its in far away Exeter and not the more critical Tau-31, then I am happy for them to continue this.

This presents an opportunity for you to push them from the north, dragging them back and forth and wasting their resources. I am not aware of any tactical opportunities that you may exploit, but I am sure you have some ideas.

Regards,

Admiral John Redmond
Bretonian Armed Forces
17th May 743 A.G.S.
Zurich System

Subject: Cologne, Enclave.

Admiral John Redmond,

Situation in Cologne is indeed tough at the moment. Several battles already started few days ago, and the Marine managed to inflict setbacks to the Hessians. We shall exploit these tactical opportunities and make sure we can have an operational success soon enough. However our forces remain careful despite our overwhelming advantage.

Now I recall our previous deal and we should be ready to move to Notthingham for the little presents you kindly accepted to offer. Does this still stand, Admiral?

Despite being really active in Zurich for the upcoming offensive, our logistic will be ready on time to supply the MacDuff. I hereby ask a list of material that your battleship is missing for its future endeavors.

In regards to the Enclave, their strike on Omega-49, uh, I mean Exeter, is quite surprising. I understand your forces need a relief, that is why I am going to find something that could give you some time to reorganize. I do not promise anything, however, as Opération Hellweg is draining a lot of resources.

Sincèrement

Attachments:

Transmission Terminée
Pages: 1 2