Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: OSCN - Luxury Liner Gone Missing During Farewell Cruise!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: OscLogo.png]
OSCN
The Orbital Spa & Cruise Network
[Image: wsiqsCq.png]
Luxury Liner Martinique before Tuesday departure from Baden Baden

[Image: GPWEaDx.png?1] 827 AS - Luxury Liner Martinique Missing; searches begin for lost liner
[Image: zNAGUUC.png?1] 827 AS - Baden Baden in tense lockdown after Stuttgart engagement
[Image: iAhPvlG.png?1] 827 AS - Orbital Spa & Cruise official arrested; Imperial Police issue statement
[Image: zNAGUUC.png?1] 827 AS - Curacao docking ring repairs complete; boon to tourism, President says
[Image: iAhPvlG.png?1] 827 AS - Hawaii reporting new craze from special guests
[Image: iAhPvlG.png?1] 827 AS - Captain of Barbados indicted after Synth Marijuana scandal
[Image: GPWEaDx.png?1] 827 AS - Shetland to conduct Broadstone cruises in memory of SS Bretonia

Luxury Liner Martinique Missing; searches begin for lost liner
Planet Baden Baden - Some have begun mourning following this morning's announcement of the loss of Luxury Liner Martinique in the far southern reaches of Rheinland. Officials on Baden Baden had been tracking the older liner's farewell trip as she passed into the Omega-55 system, an attempt by local officials to onload personnel from the Core's Dagger Outpost, which had booked the trip the day before the ship was scheduled to arrive. The Martinique's farewell cruise was to be her final voyage before being sent north to Liberty for scrapping after 36 years of dutiful service to the company. Now, it seems, the ship and all those aboard are lost, with no verifiable explanation as to why, though many within Orbital Spa & Cruise believe it to be the work of the Coalition, or as likely their Red Hessian allies.

The Martinique was constructed and launched in 791 A.S., sponsored by the Governor of Los Angeles at the time Corey Mallet, as well as his wife Sharon. The two were among some of the ship's first VIPs, and soon after her maiden voyage the ship was transferred to a light intra-house role within Orbital's Baden Baden branch. Ever since her arrival, the Martinique had provided low-fare cruises for farmers and industrial workers for the people of Planet Stuttgart, making the notable 'Solarius Skip' into Omega-11 before its untimely collapse and closure to the outside world. This run made her a popular ship to voyage on, and her docking bay even made in-flight arrivals trivial for many who had been known to pick up the cruise tickets a day late. After the end of the Tau War, the Martinique was scheduled to be decommissioned and scrapped for parts in mid-827, following an order for more ships like her to cruise the beautiful spaces of House Gallia. Her 'Farewell Voyage' was a thank you to the people who helped make her popular, and invited many farmers and miners from across Rheinland to fly for free on one final trip aboard, though with the outbreak of the civil war, far less than expected showed up to see her depart.

Upon her disappearance, the Martinique was carrying 1,894 passengers, as well as her standard compliment of over 300 crew. While nothing seemed out of the ordinary, the route of the cruise, picked out by Captain Jeremy Nellen prior to the departure, was something difficult for the executives on Baden Baden to accept, despite caving in not long before the ship's readiness checks began. Imperial Military patrols are mostly blocked from conducting flights into Omega-55 due to Hessian control of Dresden, and Core forces have weakened communications within Omega-55, leaving the ship highly open to pirate attack. Federal correspondents have regarded the disappearance as a tragedy, and have stated the likely suspects to be the Coalition or perhaps Corsairs. One official from the Core visiting Bornholm Depot in Omega-55 added that their patrols will begin a search for the lost liner, or any sign of her whereabouts.

Comments:
Sorted by oldest:

// Template shamelessly pilfered from
Code:

001. Caitlyn Cross
15 May 827 10:12

Comment here
upvote score downvote score

Greetings i am Caitlyn Cross Subdirector of Orbital Spa and Cruise and Head of the Triton Expeditions Doughter Company. Becouse Triton Capitans know the Borderworlds Pretty well. i sended Tritons Long Range Exploratory Ship, the Bustard Carrier OS&C|TE-Cloud-9 to Search for the Martinique. untill we found her we will See her just as Missing, not Destroyed so we hope for the best.

001. JonathanSeabourne
16 May 827 12:27

There is a lot of space for a liner to hide in, and no group has claimed responsibility. I agree that it is premature to list the liner as lost. As the proud Captain of an Enterprise myself, I can tell you that a ship like the Martinique can last a surprisingly long time on minimal power. Even dead in the water, it can take days for the passengers and crew to deplete the oxygen in the ship. If anyone can find a missing liner in the Omegas, it's Captain Cross.

003. TinFoil Tom
16 May 827 13:13

Its another ALIEN ATTACK the GOVERNMENT doesn't WANT you to protect yourself! Time and time again Liner after Liner is assaulted by the ALIENS! CAN YOU SEE THEY WANT OUR SKIN FOR TOAST! STAY HOME!!!!!!! DON'T TRAVEL ORBITAL! They made a deal with the aliens to sell them your SKIN! Its true just look it up!
117 44

004. BigButts_DeeseNuts
16 May 827 5:12

>Attempts cruise during civil war
>Liner gone

Shocked Pikachu face
144 52

005. Peter800
16 May 827 13:40

Hey Peter here, Captain of the smuggling ship Listing.

This ship just passed me two days ago in Omicron Gamma, coming from the Theta system. Maybe this information can help you guys.

1 0

006. Jack Ashton
16 May 827 noon

My long range scanners just picked up the missing cruiser in New Berlin, I think it has been taken by one of the parties in the Rheinland squander
[Image: LL-Matinique.png]