Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Dona Enma Loyola; From: Elizabeth Hall, your friend's daughter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Message Class: Audio-Visual

Encryption: Assam
To: Dona Enma Loyola, Maltese Nation

[Image: g0aFQnX.png]

My respect, Dona Loyola. I would like to speak about your messages to my country, but I want this to be an unofficial, private and personal communique, between two friends, and not representatives of two parties at war. You were a friend of my father's, so you can be a friend of my own too, if you wish. Mind you, Malta doesn't directly concern me as my jurisdiction is very far away, but as a governor, I do have some insight and influence in Bretonian political affairs. Are you interested?

Open for Replies
[Image: SXaO0CC.jpg]

I am not really meant to be working right now... But alright, we can talk I suppose. It's not bad to have some unofficial channels to communicate. I wonder how many more friends linked to SIS I will find in the near future. But alright, friend... So what's so special about my message, it was to be expected, wasn't it? Or you need me to clarify something, I think it was crystal clear and cohesive.

- Dona Enma de Loyola of the Outcasts

No, it wasn't expected at all! Malta was our friend, even an ally! Some see this as a treacherous backstab, and I must admit I'm indeed able to adopt their perspective! You see, we had a certain agreement with the Cadiz Cartel and the Legion. The Cadiz chaps have dissolved, but we still count the Legion as an ally and as the legitimate Maltese government, in absence of Cadiz. This treaty between us acknowledges 31 and parts of 23 as Bretonian territory and cedes whatever else lies north on the galactic map to Malta. Including 44. Do you understand what this means?

Open for Replies

I did not sign any agreements with Bretonia, signorina. And I am currently in charge, so you may count this agreement as void and null. You need to understand that those agreements were made when Bretonia de-facto just had New London and nothing up north. I don't know where did you find this battleship printer to expand in both Omegas and Taus, but even such a printer may have limited resources. Isn't your crippled House overextending?

I've sent Martelli to talk to you during the times of the Nationa Council, that's true. But those verbal agreements have rightfully lost their value as the situation has changed drastically.

Now recall something, wasn't it the government yours who tried to use links with Cadiz Cartel to get rid of me in November? That wasn't very nice, I have to admit. My position was weaker and I wasn't your friend back then, very sad, I could use one back then. I even paid a visit to Exeter, remember? You kill the Corsairs and Coalition there and I really don't mind it. There was a fatal mistake of your government thinking that you may be moving back into Taus on the back of CR. Who came up with this idea?

Wait, wait, hang on, slow down! You are in charge? You mean of Malta? How did that happen? Are you... are you sure?

Open for Replies

I am sure. Who's in charge of the SIS? They gotta be really incompetent, so keep them in place. This is amazing.

Want to discuss some business though? I think Exeter could use a little more Cardamine and you could use a little more personal funds.

The Steiners hold everything... and I have a feeling that I have fallen out of their grace. That the SIS might be conspiring against me instead of working for me. This very correspondence is a risk, or would be if the Steiners were an epitome of competence. They had three BAF fleets under their command during the war, and all three were destroyed. They made me take the Stirling when it was sure to be destroyed only to keep their name clean! Or as clean as it could be by that time... Luckily, though, we have that Dunkirk printer which you mentioned. I am not interested in cardamine, but money I do need and for a suitable sum of credits I can share the schematics of these printers with you. That is, if you and your guard lower your arms and don't attack our positions. One moment, let me upload the picture...

Open for Replies

I would expect more from the famous Bretonian humor. Apparently, it's just a stereotype. How did you let Rheinlanders in charge of everything in your house with noble traditions? That's stunning, I assume that many real noble families in Bretonia are outraged with this sort of situation and clear overextension of your colonial politics.

Funds and Cardamine are clearly tied over each other if you control its distribution. You control a place with a lot of unloyal and/or desperate people. What is the better tool to control people than having them addicted, while the addicting substances being under your control? I would rather have you in charge than Steiners as you call them, so you better consider my proposal more thoughtfully.

We won't stand down until Bretonian Armed and other crown law enforcement entities pull back from Tau-31. We would have a much better time considering it if you retreated back all the way to New London. It would make our relationships truly warm and would surely soon mean a firm alliance between us. You may colonize Omegas as much as you want though, not my concern.

Of course it is a stereotype, miss! It's a bleeding printing press, what else would it be? Stereotypes are essential printing tools!

Open for Replies

Okay.

Pages: 1 2