Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Intelligence ID rework
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I can confirm that previously, all Official intelligence factions (barring =LSF=, oddly enough the LSF indie ID had this) were permitted to use cruisers outside ZoI, was part of the primary appeal of joining the OF, which otherwise had no difference from the indie faction aside from having their own ID.
(05-18-2020, 10:26 AM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Standardizing is nice, but the clause that allowed officials to use cruisers freely outside their ZoI was removed almost silently, and it really should come back. Other than all of that, it's nice.
As far as I'm aware, official factions didn't have this ability once the cruiser restrictions were put in place. The indie IDs didn't have this clause for a while as an oversight, but that was recently-ish corrected.
Before the cruiser restrictions were screwy, the =LSF=, [SIS], and BDM| IDs all had their cruiser lines removed because they were official intel factions. Why this was done away with is beyond me, and as far as I'm aware was never actually given any proper notification by the Devs or GMs at the time.

I would love to see it be brought back.
(05-18-2020, 10:08 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2020, 11:57 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2020, 11:53 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]The new IDs don't explicitly mention their bearers can attack hostiles outside of the ZOI.

If ZOI isn't specified, it defaults to everywhere.

I'm still waiting for the "Can do this everywhere / Can do this only in ZoI / Can't do this anywhere" three category scheme. Until (if) it happens, can you put the above in bold yellow somewhere easily accessible and visible?

You mean the project "We" were working on in 2015/2016 and since then the staff generations have changed so many times it was forgotten?
(05-18-2020, 11:28 AM)Shinju Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2020, 10:08 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2020, 11:57 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2020, 11:53 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]The new IDs don't explicitly mention their bearers can attack hostiles outside of the ZOI.

If ZOI isn't specified, it defaults to everywhere.

I'm still waiting for the "Can do this everywhere / Can do this only in ZoI / Can't do this anywhere" three category scheme. Until (if) it happens, can you put the above in bold yellow somewhere easily accessible and visible?

You mean the project "We" were working on in 2015/2016 and since then the staff generations have changed so many times it was forgotten?
Good times. Times changes, staff is actually more welcome to change from outside their circle.
(05-18-2020, 11:31 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Good times.

You say it just because you were bananed <3

Also I agree with you that they should add "anywhere" to IDs for better clarification. It wouldn't be the first time when one member of the staff implies it works that way and next one saying it doesn't. Really just one word to avoid confusion.
(05-18-2020, 11:38 AM)Shinju Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2020, 11:31 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Good times.

You say it just because you were bananed <3

Also I agree with you that they should add "anywhere" to IDs for better clarification. It wouldn't be the first time when one member of the staff implies it works that way and next one saying it doesn't. Really just one word to avoid confusion.

Because I was main contributor before getting banned and then it never went through. I do have my own small thread for small improvements that seen some success already with staff.
I too miss having 8 indie MND cruisers camp the Manhattan docking ring
(05-18-2020, 10:26 AM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2020, 10:00 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]The one thing I wish was here is Intel factions being able to declare groups and individuals hostile themselves. I think it's extremely limiting that their diplomacy is controlled by Houses which are a player meta-entity and a roleplay construct, rather than the NPC faction itself.
It's something we can consider.

Awesome. Tbh I feel this way about all NPC factions that can't dictate their own diplomacy. It's pretty limitating.

Another cool idea: add missions for Intel groups (and Order?) at Quasi-lawful bases.
Why are the Federalists not included when the BDM| are? They have a "whilst in cruisers or above can engage in self defense outside their ZOI" rule which was taken from the now redundent MND ID and is still included in the ID.

You mention about considering Imperial Rheinland Intelligence but no plan for the Federalists.
Pages: 1 2 3