Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Toshinori Kojirou From: [RM] Rheinland Military
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 8ejEzCF.png]
Source: Schlachtschiff Kaiserstolz
Encryption: port RM-OKW-0UT-T5-C0M
Submitter: Großadmiral Karl-Heinz von Thielau
Recipant: Toshinori Kojirou
Subject: Krüger in Sigma-21

Guten Abend esteemed Minister Kojirou,

I apologize for contacting you to a late hour, I wouldn't if it wasn't urgent.

I was informed you and Krüger have talked about the GMG Base in Sigma-21 and the companie's intention of interference there. I hereby inform you that I was asked to support this action with Military strength, however I told Krüger that I do not interfere if our Kusarian friends have concerns about this act.

I was given a CC of your message to Herrn Abel and I have to confess it did not help me, that's why I have contacted Herrn Abel and informed him of my minimal intentions, which I would like to present you too.
I definitely don't want to risk the friendship of our houses, hence I won't actively attack the Station together with the Krüger company.

I intend to place a mobile Battlegroup next to the jump hole connecting to our system and stand by if our citizens are attacked. You probably understand that I don't want to have civil casualties, so I would like to protect the Krüger ships if the GMG deploys a garrison.

The Krüger board member told me, and as far as I know to you too, that GMG broke the Treaty and thus may not gain advantages from it. He additionally asked your forces to support the dismantling, if I remember correctly.

Herr Minister, I am asking you for clear words for a Offizier, ach was... a Soldier like me.
Is it for you acceptable that we stand by to protect our people in defense? Or will your house help Krüger and allow us to join you punishing the Administrators of the station breaking the Treaty?

I won't take action until I have words from you, werter Herr. *bows before the minister as sign of his respect towards mr Kojirou*

Danke für Ihre Zeit.

Für den Kaiser! Für das Volk! Für Rheinland!

Hochachtungsvoll,
Karl-Heinz von Thielau, Erzherzog zu Stuttgart
Großadmiral der Kaiserlichen Rheinwehr
[Image: BAksLYE.png]

[Image: X04Ng2q.png]
New Tokyo system, House Kusari, 827 A.S

[Image: EhfaHMv.jpg]
Foreign Affairs Minister- Toshinori Kojirou

To the esteemed Karl-Heinz von Thielau.

I bid you good day, sir.

You put me in a complicated spot now, sir. I have to admit, my first reply to the Krüger representative was a bit.. short-breathed. I have corrected this and analyzed this issue with the Treaty in regards. I shall quote the relevant passages, which I have already showed them:

Code:
You are correct, they never signed it, thus they are not bound by its articles. Naturally, they end up violating them.

In regards of Article 4: 4.3. No Signatory shall undertake or permit others to undertake any military action into Sigma-21 for any purpose, save by specific request by the SAC for policing or defensive purposes.

Legally, the SAC never requested assistance for defensive purposes, nor did they specifically announce a case of Article 4.3.1.
Given the fact the SAC never did so, Article 5.2.1 is not in effect, thus forbidding Naval Forces or Rheinland Military intervention.
This may be due to the ill-fated withdrawal of all Rheinland representatives from the SAC a while before the outbreak of internal turmoils on your side and no attempts of new representatives to re-establish contacts, as far as we aware.

The Gas Miner Guild failed to enter the negotiations back then, they are effectively no part of the Treaty of Nevers. Obviously, this case we face now, showed the flaws of the Treaty. The original intentions of having the Gas Miner Guild as signatory are more than clear.
The nonfunctional status of the Saigon Autonomous Council, mentioned above, is hindering a solution too. This status is one of the main reasons why I have engaged into a re-negotiation process with my colleague, Elise Adelheid, your Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Naturally, Article 5.5.3.2. "All modular bases must be registered & approved by SAC." was ignored by the Gas Miner Guild too. Again we face the issue that the nonfunctional Saigon Autonomous Council holds jurisdiction as sole entity. It might be wise to speed up my discussions with Miss Adelheid.

To stay in accordance with the Treaty, we would have to sit idle. I am not a military tactician, Grand Admiral, but I highly advise against the dismantling from a diplomatic standpoint. Your Government intends to pursue peace with the Gas Miner Guild and we are willing to act as intermediary. Destroying one of their modular bases briefly before negotiations may commence will put a heavy weight on the talks.

Though I can follow your desire to protect your citizen. Acting in defense, solely in defense, of your citizens should be treated as an alright act. It will not nullify the treaty. We encourage you to try and avoid skirmishes and to avoid sending more than the necessary amount of vessels to defend your citizens. This is a careful and temporary approach, as you can surely understand, in the long-term we have to avoid unnecessary bloodshed on all sides. As I speak, it appears your Government sent a reply to the treaty negotiations. If we are lucky, this temporary solution will not have to last for long.

With cordial regards,
Toshinori Kojirou
Minister of Foreign Affairs

[Image: 8ejEzCF.png]
Source: Schlachtschiff Kaiserstolz
Encryption: port RM-OKW-0UT-T5-C0M
Submitter: Großadmiral Karl-Heinz von Thielau
Recipant: Toshinori Kojirou
Subject: Krüger in Sigma-21

Esteemed Minister Kojirou,

I was informed by my superior, I thank you for this temporary solution, if there should be any actions from Krüger, we are only going into the System with a minimum amount of Soldiers, you have my word as a Man. We, the Kaiserliche Rheinwehr are proud to have our Kusarian neighbors, I hope we can establish a stable friendship that leads to prosperity and wealth in both of our homes.

Auf Bald, mein Herr! *bows before the minister as sign of his respect towards mr Kojirou*

Danke für Ihre Zeit.

Im Dienste seiner Exzellenz,

hochachtungsvoll,
Karl-Heinz von Thielau, Erzherzog zu Stuttgart
Großadmiral der Kaiserlichen Rheinwehr
[Image: BAksLYE.png]