Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: GPM | From: EFL S.P.A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission
[Image: xkyOGvV.png]

User ID: Pierre Lacroix
Recipient: GPM
Subject: Battleship Arles

Bonjour,

It has come to my attention, that the operations surrounding the Battleship Arles have been halted by your organisation. The Marine Nationale Gauloise have saw fit to offload the task of dealing with you, to EFL directly.

So I now have the pleasure of contacting you directly, to ask simply. What is it you want?

Pierre Lacroix,
Président du Conseil,
EFL S.P.A.

[Image: EFL-v3.png]
Transmission Ends
> Trasmissione ricevuta <
> Destinatariu cunfirmatu <
> Apertura di canali <
> Apertura di File <

[Image: f0359c09db16fb94c909febb8215b14021f4ef9d.png]
Gruppu Parlamentariu di Marsiglia

[Image: e42da438b22cbcc0e75f107bab8278810d0a9d5c.jpg]

Sender: Ghjilormu Casanova
Title: Senatore di l'Unione
Ship: CL22 " Mistral Noir ” Union Corse Light Fighter - GPM)-Corsica.Nostru
Origin: Planet New Paris – Ile de France System – Gallic Space
Date: 06/08/743 A.G.S.
Subject: RE: Battleship Arles

Salutu Signore Lacroix,

Diu miu finally! How much longer before blood would have flow on Marseille! We were close to fall again into the depths of hate and misery because of the Parisian Assembly inability to answer quickly to distress calls. I hope your corporation will be more efficient than Confederation authorities.

First, Signore Lacroix, our organization did not stopped your operations, as you mentioned, its Marseille’s hearts who did. Do not forget you’re discussing with an entire society built on the suffering caused by the persons you are representing right now. You will be thanked to select your words carefully.

Second, I believed the demand was simple: stop salvaging Arles Battleship and let people grieving the way the want to!

But, well, I assume it requires a level of sensibility you can’t apprehend. If so, you would have contact the local population before manipulating their cultural assets won’t you? I will also assume that "security" reasons will be invoked to explain your attempt to salvage Arles Battleship, am I right? This is a vocabulary we are unfortunately used to with organizations of your kind, trying to justify their unscrupulous actions.
Let me tell you one thing Signore Lacroix: "Security" is a cursed word coming from your mouths. Where were your security concerns when the battle occurred? When we had to heal our wounds? When we had to rebuild the entire planet?
“Security”, said by current authorities or people representing them, is a spark next to the barrel of powder that Marseille has become through your behavior.

This word will not be free to use.

Fortunately for you, we figured out a proposition that would resolve this issue. Marseille’s people can accept that the greedy EFL’s vultures pursue their operations if they answer two of their demands:
  • Arles Battleship can be fully salvaged as long as its hull remains intact. This last remain will be the relic people need to grieve the loss of their beloved ones. But an empty tomb won’t be enough.
  • Agenza Turisitca di Pruvenza made an order to acquire a Lucullus Liner, customized to represents Marseille’s people taste, history and spirit, “L’anima di Marsiglia” as it will be named. Considerable, spontaneous and generous donations were made by thousands Marseille’s individuals to achieve this dream. If you can transform this order into a gift, we believe Marseille’s population will accept to mourn in front of a depleted coffin.
ATP contacted your “sister” company, or such. I mean two flags for one banner is something unusual, strange way you handle businesses at EFL. A quotation, of 320 million credits, was made by Signore Jeremie Dupont, CEO of EFL Oil and Machinery, the person you will have to discuss with on this "Marseille's soul" matter.

To conclude, let me teach you few things:

Dealing with people requires a fine empathy to understand their hopes, their fears, their sufferings.
Dealing with people requires to make the right choices at the right time.
Dealing with people is not about the money, Signore Lacroix, it’s about sending messages.

Keep that in mind and I’m sure your next communication will contains the appropriate answers, expected by all Provence’s inhabitants.

Sinceramente,

Ghjilormu Casanova
Senatore di l’Unione

> File di chjusu <
> Canale di chjude <
> Trasmissione cumpleta <
Incoming Transmission

Bonjour,

Your demands will not be met.

The operation to prevent catastrophic collision of the Arles will continue.

Your fabricated outrage of your 'people' is not impressive.

We will also not sell you a liner.

I would appreciate it if you discontinue your efforts to waste our company's time and my own.

Pierre Lacroix,
Président du Conseil,
EFL S.P.A.

Transmission Ends
> Apertura di canali <
> Apertura di File <

Date: 06/22/743 A.G.S.

Salutu Signore Lacroix,

That was the right answer to make! We are delighted! What would have been a “Président du Conseil” that fell on the first pressure right? Gallia is blessed.

We will ask you to reconsider one of your position though, Signore. What has started in Marseille and other few places isn’t “fabricated”, it is the will of the people. Let’s be honest here, Corsican do have an influence on Minarchy inhabitants, what is deserved in regards of what we did for them. But like the wind blowing on the sail, we don’t set up the course of the boat, we help it to move forward… or not.

If E.F.L. S.P.A doesn’t agree to maintain Arles’ hull intact, at the same place and same inclination, we can’t ensure current protests won’t degenerate. None of our organizations would benefit from unrest and tensions in the Minarchy, especially your little project in Marseille’s orbit. We can’t just take and not give everytime, like with children. Do you have some Signore Lacroix? That helps to understand people.

We hope to appreciate your next answer as much as the previous one.

Sinceramente,

Ghjilormu Casanova
Senatore di l’Unione

> File di chjusu <
> Canale di chjude <
Incoming Transmission

Bonjour,

Monsieur Casanova, you seem to have confused me for a politician.
If you wish to incite a riot in your own backyard, you are free to do so. Such action will not deter us from saving Marseille from catastrophe.

One last thing monsieur, you seem to have the mistaken belief that the Minarchy stands above EFL. I would advise you reconsider your position before you proceed into territory from which you will not recover.

Pierre Lacroix,
Président du Conseil,
EFL S.P.A.

Transmission Ends
> Apertura di canali <
> Apertura di File <

Date: 06/26/743 A.G.S.

Salutu Signore Lacroix,

Your vehemence and categorical refusal are quite surprising. What are we talking about? To leave an empty hull orbiting around a planet? That's not a complex or costly operation for E.F.L. S.P.A., otherwise would be a shame.

Hence you rise our curiosity Signore, what are the true motives behind this decision?

Again, your "catastrophe" doesn't fit here. It has been a year this carcass is threatening to fall on our planet. Do you really think we aren't monitoring its shifting and didn't set up any defensive protocols? Arles would be reduced to dust even before entering Marseille’s atmosphere. You’re not preventing any catastrophe Signore, you’re just doing business and underestimating us I’m afraid.

You also seem to have the mistaken belief that I represent the Minarchy. You’re facing l'Unione Corse and you already entered in a territory from which you may, or may not, recover... this personally, Signore Pierre Lacroix.

My two cents? The risks you’re taking don’t worth our demand, but well, your call. Lets make it the last and move forward then, wouldn't we? Business doesn't wait.

Sinceramente,

Ghjilormu Casanova
Senatore di l’Unione

> File di chjusu <
> Canale di chjude <
Incoming Transmission

Bonjour,

Monsieur Casanova, I must thank you for informing me that I am not dealing with a grunt from the Minarchy. I opted to restrain myself so far in the communications between us.

The derelict of the Battleship Arles is in a rapidly decaying orbit, as to why is has so suddenly began its venture into that planet you seek to incite riot on, I do not know. Perhaps some of your 'gentlemen' were intoxicated and decided to see if they can push it into the planet. You know, like other such self-destructive endeavors of the Union Corse.

I am aware of the 'defences', the submersible settlements on the planet. I am also aware that stray debris from the engagement in orbit also wrought devastation on Marseille. So while I believe your protocols would be to hide under the water, it would be wasteful to permit your vanity project for it only to collide with a beautiful place.

As such, I will tell you what we are going to do. The Battleship Arles will be removed from Planet Marseille's orbit. And we will secure it elsewhere until the Conferderal forces decide if they want it scrapped or not. If they choose to not want it scrapped, we can talk about pushing it into Marseille.

Pierre Lacroix,
Président du Conseil,
EFL S.P.A.

Transmission Ends