Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Play with NPC or Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Not every topic needs a poll

Freelancers AI is bad. It will always be bad. There's not much you can do in making them fun. It's either they're very OP, A slight annoyance. Or useless.
(06-11-2020, 07:44 PM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]Where is "buff and increase NPC numbers that disrupt lanes anyways so my battle transports are useful again"

Now it's disrupted tradelanes
Worthless npcs not worth shooting for the 300k and me just sigh flying away
I don't see the point of that

Technically battle transport exists to fight back against players using bombers or gunboats.
Yeah but 97% of the time you are wasting cargo
making the patrols that disrupt lanes worth a lot more money would make a case for battle transports to be used more

I flew the new routes quite a few times, and got pirated once
(06-11-2020, 07:36 PM)Darkstar_Spectre Wrote: [ -> ]stop making stupid polls with such stupid and biased answers

+1
This isn't flood?

You forgot the most popular choice here on Discovery,

Why can't I vote for 'Remove anything that can shoot me, all players must do what I say, and are under obligation to self destruct if I shoot at them once'

That's what some really want isn't it?
(06-11-2020, 09:03 PM)Binski Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't flood?

Why can't I vote for 'Remove anything that can shoot me, all players must do what I say, and are under obligation to self destruct if I shoot at them once'

Smart a** answer.
My opinion is simple though, I prefer only players shooting me, and I shoot only players.
without NPCs being worthy of attention, unless I choose to participate in PvE mission or system.
NPCs are totally useless for RP, and even harmful to just PvP.
Most people who think NPCs are good, probably played too many lawfuls to hide behind them.
(06-11-2020, 09:08 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]

Smart a** answer.
My opinion is simple though, I prefer only players shooting me, and I shoot only players.
without NPCs being worthy of attention, unless I choose to participate in PvE mission or system.
Most people who think NPCs are good, probably played too many lawfuls to hide behind them.

Sounds like you should be playing EVE bro. I prefer all of those same things too, but I accept it as well within reason that it can't be like that on disco all of the time for everyone. There still isn't high enough player count for it. We just gotta deal!
(06-11-2020, 08:26 PM)Jeuge Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 07:36 PM)Darkstar_Spectre Wrote: [ -> ]stop making stupid polls with such stupid and biased answers

+1

I am in agreement with a frenchie, that should tell you how stupid this thread is.
(06-11-2020, 09:35 PM)Binski Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 09:08 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]

Smart a** answer.

Sounds like you should be playing EVE bro. I prefer all of those same things too, but I accept it as well within reason that it can't be like that on disco all of the time for everyone. There still isn't high enough player count for it. We just gotta deal!

Nah, you just have a weird opinion about gameplay
without considering both sides. Not sure exactly what's wrong with you.

Anyway:
  • Some people tried to fly capitals in rich hostile NPC environment, and had it constantly flipped to different directions making impossible to kill NPC dreadnought.
  • Some people tried to fight in PvP duel as lawful, and having your unlawful opponent being targeted by friendly NPC bcr as a result in the middle of it.
  • Some people tried to attack people around FP12, seeing just PoB hugging. Or other unlawful who probably didn't like Manhattan's Defensive Grid as well.
  • Some people don't like having trade lane disrupted and being have to fly and dock it again to fly the same course

There are many bad experiences. All of them around NPCs.
There only good NPCs are in missions and in guard systems.

I would prefer choosing if I get myself annoyed by all those NPCs bad encounters.
Why I should even care about NPCs? They are NPCs! Totally unworthy to be anything.
Pages: 1 2 3