Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Play with NPC or Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
change the zones and turn up the npcs.. make em all lvl 19 or so.. folks cry when someone "makes tactical use of the terrain" fuck em ..
(06-11-2020, 09:44 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 09:35 PM)Binski Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 09:08 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 09:03 PM)Binski Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't flood?

You forgot the most popular choice here on Discovery,

Why can't I vote for 'Remove anything that can shoot me, all players must do what I say, and are under obligation to self destruct if I shoot at them once'

That's what some really want isn't it?

Smart a** answer.
My opinion is simple though, I prefer only players shooting me, and I shoot only players.
without NPCs being worthy of attention, unless I choose to participate in PvE mission or system.
NPCs are totally useless for RP, and even harmful to just PvP.
Most people who think NPCs are good, probably played too many lawfuls to hide behind them.

Sounds like you should be playing EVE bro. I prefer all of those same things too, but I accept it as well within reason that it can't be like that on disco all of the time for everyone. There still isn't high enough player count for it. We just gotta deal!

Nah, you just have a weird opinion about gameplay
without considering both sides. Not sure exactly what's wrong with you.

Anyway:
  • Some people tried to fly capitals in rich hostile NPC environment, and had it constantly flipped to different directions making impossible to kill NPC dreadnought.
  • Some people tried to fight in PvP duel as lawful, and having your unlawful opponent being targeted by friendly NPC bcr as a result in the middle of it.
  • Some people tried to attack people around FP12, seeing just PoB hugging. Or other unlawful who probably didn't like Manhattan's Defensive Grid as well.
  • Some people don't like having trade lane disrupted and being have to fly and dock it again to fly the same course

There are many bad experiences. All of them around NPCs.
There only good NPCs are in missions and in guard systems.

I would prefer choosing if I get myself annoyed by all those NPCs bad encounters.
Why I should even care about NPCs? They are NPCs! Totally unworthy to be anything.

Its the other way around cap. I've played here for 8 years with all of these problems and never complained about anything but NPC's blocking jumpholes and jumpgates, which has been fixed.

I don't like flipping caps either but its probably better to make them heavy again.

I don't care if people want to duel in the live environment, go to Conn, you can duel there all you like without npc's bothering you.

Again, if you have trouble attacking people that are seeking the safety of a friendly or allied base, at that base, and have problems caused by their allied NPC's, that is also a selfish reason to remove NPC's. Its bad form to attack at a base like that, but if you do, you take what risks come with it.

I've played with NPC trade lane disruptions for years as well. It causes random change. It slows people down sometimes. That causes random interactions. You can randomly come across someone just because a lane changed their timing. Or it could save you a bad encounter by a few seconds. But I suppose that point is the least important use of npc's.

Most of the time players gather enough to have big player battles, npc's are gone anyways.

(06-11-2020, 09:50 PM)kerfy Wrote: [ -> ]change the zones and turn up the npcs.. make em all lvl 19 or so.. folks cry when someone "makes tactical use of the terrain" ***** em ..

Now we're talking!

Ok here's a SUGGESTION I know I shouldn't make but I will just to prove a point.

Something that popped in my head years ago was that it would be sweet if we had a base we could FLY INSIDE of to hang out safely. Like a big cube like the prison models, but hollow it and put a round dock port on it like the asteroid bases, with the opening hatches. Just make it so anyone neutral or better could hit dock, and the doors could open up for a few seconds, enough for a snub/freighter to fly inside and be safe. Then it just requires hitting the dock button to open the doors again and leave. Put turrets on it so no baddies can sneak in...but you never know when a cloak may come in handy. I suppose they could put an npc cloak disruptor on them if they wanted to. There, now even unlawfuls could try to get inside, even cloaked, and try to sit there while rp'ing. They might get caught though, wouldn't want to get trapped inside! There, whole new aspect of the game invented.

(had that idea from Barrier gate station, because the doors on the hatches open long enough to fly up inside and let yourself be trapped inside the cylinder part, which is cool. You can then just dock or wait for the next npc to launch. I figure, wouldn't it be cool if we had an enclosed corale to just sit and chill at in safety?)
give every faction patriot NPCs with admin cannons.
Pages: 1 2 3