Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Proclamation! All Hallow's Eve
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, She's at it again, folks:

Eris loves Holidays;

Eris likes Pagans;

Eris does NOT like what the Grayface profiteers and marketers have done with Halloween;

A mysterious and frightful Pagan Holy Day has been coopted by the makers of candy, orange plastic lights, and flammable costumes;

Eris is not amused.

Therefore, Tuesday, October 31st is proclaimed as a day when all Erisians, converts, and closet Discordians shall strive to take back this Sacred day from Grayface.

Traders, be warned. If you venture to transport any of the above-mentioned dross on "Halloween", you shall be stopped, relieved of your abominable cargo, and sent packing! (Unless of course, you choose to whine about it.. then all bets are off.)

We will eschew "costumes" on this day. Instead, we will get buck nekkid, paint ourselves with sigils and totems, and give new meaning to the phrase "Trick or Treat!"

Rise up, Pagans! Take back your Holiday!

Malaclypse 666,
for Her Quirkiness, Eris Discordia
To avoid confusing the entire SSO yet again...

WE will be flying nekkid & painted on All Hallow's Eve; YOU will not.

WE will be asking for the treats: YOU will not.

For the purposes of this proclamation, "Treats" will be defined as:
consumer goods: 100 units
luxury goods: 50 units
Cardi: 50 Units
Synth MJ: 200 units (We're trying to replace this commodity with the Gold stuff!)
Precious/Industrial metals/gems: 50 units

If you have neglected to stock up on the above "candy for Eris" on Halloween, shame! You will be asked to contribute 10% of your cargo to our Church coffers.

And if you've totally spaced the Occassion, be prepared to have your ship egged, T.P.'d, graffiti'd, and generally abused. Oh.. and Wiley's specialty, the flaming brown paper back on your "porch".

One exception: The new Phoenix Mining Group... you boys are pretty raggedy-assed already. If you'll show us your painted, nekkid, raggedy asses out your viewports, we'll laugh appreciatively and move on to the next "house".

Widdershins,
Malaclypse
Nekkid!?! Shucks. Guess I won't need that costume that I got then...
Too late to give it back to the Bretonia Police pilot that I...'borrowed' it from.
A shame really, it fits so nice.

Paper bags filled and ready to be torched!

Happy Halloweenies,
Wiley
romer,Oct 26 2006, 03:57 PM Wrote:Nekkid!?!  Shucks.  Guess I won't need that costume that I got then...
Too late to give it back to the Bretonia Police pilot that I...'borrowed' it from. 
A shame really, it fits so nice.

Paper bags filled and ready to be torched!

Happy Halloweenies,
Wiley
[snapback]42413[/snapback]

You're a better man than I, Gunga Wiley..

A nekkid, shiverin' Bret Bobby? Eeeew.. They're so.... pale.

Not enough sun, ya know. Hope you "liberated" him to Canaria. Pops can cover him with honey and run him through the fields to collect all that exquisite resin; and he can get some vitamin D at the same time!

We may have to rent a bigger bag for all the loot...
Catch 23 is ready, the exploding pumpkins have been loaded aboard, theres plenty for everyone, all the paperbags have been primed and are loaded too.

Just point us in the direction you want us to go and we'll clear the treats outta the holds of the anerists before you can say 'halloween!' or 'Hail Eris!'.

Looking forward to flying with you all again soon.
marauder,Oct 26 2006, 05:41 PM Wrote:Catch 23 is ready, the exploding pumpkins have been loaded aboard, theres plenty for everyone, all the paperbags have been primed and are loaded too.

Just point us in the direction you want us to go and we'll clear the treats outta the holds of the anerists before you can say 'halloween!' or 'Hail Eris!'.

Looking forward to flying with you all again soon.
[snapback]42418[/snapback]

Catch! Ya old bi-cyber-sentient, you!

The Day has arrived! Most of the mob is still sleeping off that marvelous costume party, but should soon be ready to get nekkid, paint up, and start hitting various and sundry airlocks all over the sector! We hope to double the coffers of the Goddess in one Swell Foop!

Here's the plan: For nice wee vessels that have their orange lights up and a pumpkin in the window, it's probably safe to knock by yourself for those treats.

For those dark, grim, large old "mansions", give us a shout and we'll all come running to demand the treats, or toilet paper their conning towers!

And remember Goddess's soft spot for those PMC lads: If they offer you a nice full moon out their viewscreens, pass em by. We'll put em on the map for next year. If they should whine about a little posterior display, you have permission to pull those pants down forceably if necessary to collect a treat.

The Ascendant will remain on station at location "V", and we'll watch the fun on the Holos. If your bags get full, bring then on over to empty, and go out for more!

(We'd come out and celebrate too, but for two reasons: You know how this tub maneuvers.. we'd be lucky to knock on three hatches before the night is over; and, there appear to be other Hacker factions about who think location "V" is up for grabs. We'll gently dissuade them if needs be, and collect a treat from em to boot!)

Have fun, kids! Watch out for razor blades and urine-soaked popcorn balls! I do wish Fin, Menno, and Fnordie had been able to attend; but we'll save their shares of the candy for their return to duty.

Have an Eldritch Day!
Mal 'n Dis

Message To: Mal
COMM ID: Mypie

Nasrudin reporting. Sorry had to miss the costume party, but I am back and in place for tonights festivities. Operation Lngdrv completed. Current status, pies reloading now, lost a few at a meeting I had to drop by. Great reviews so far tho. Send some to the hold for you for later too. Ripping back out in a few turns.

Whidershins indeed. Meery Part.

Mypie