Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nassau Special Economic Zone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: qd8xnT0.png]
Nassau Special Economic Zone
Ministry of Finance

----- Introduction
The Nassau Special Economic Zone is an Octavarian exclave on Planet Curacao operated by the Ministry of Finance under an agreement with Orbital Spa & Cruise. The Nassau SEZ was created under the terms of the Financial Services Act of 827 to offer business and financial services to foreign individuals and organizations. The Ministry of Relations has also established an Embassy at Nassau to serve Octavarian citizens in the region as well as facilitate diplomacy with the Kingdom of Bretonia and Republic of Liberty.

This channel is open to any and all individuals or businesses wishing to take advantage of Nassau's services.

----- Banking Services
The Bank of Canberra's Nassau branch offers a full variety of offshore banking services to people throughout Sirius seeking a legal and legitimate alternative to restrictive House banking regulations. These services include both standard accounts as well as anonymous numbered accounts for those desiring additional security. The Bank of Canberra offers a degree of discretion unmatched in Sirius and will never violate client privacy.

----- Business Registry
Natio Octavarium's Ministry of Finance allows anyone to incorporate their business in Natio Octavarium, regardless of citizenship status. Our agents will assist you in filing the necessary paperwork, allowing your company to take advantage of Natio Octavarium's less burdensome business tax rates compared to the major Houses, while remaining in full compliance with House laws and regulations.

----- Starship Flag Registry
Natio Octavarium operates an open flag registry, allowing foreign nationals to register their ships in Natio Octavarium. Natio Octavarium does not burden transport owners with unnecessary regulations or taxes. Octavarian ships are welcomed throughout Sirius and Gallia, with the exception of Rheinland, Kusari, and Corsair territory. The Octavarian Flag Registry is a competitive alternative to traditional House or Freelance ship registration.

----- Embassy Services
The Ministry of Relations operates a full Embassy at Nassau to provide consular services to Octavarian citizens in the region. The Embassay at Nassau also offers a diplomatic point of contact for neighboring governments and organizations seeking formal contact with the Octavarian Government.
[Image: BretoniaFlagPS2.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Eltham
To: NO Ministry of Finance, Nassau Special Economic Zone

To whom it may concern,

My name is Elizabeth Hall and I serve the Kingdom of Bretonia as its prime minister. However, I am not sending this letter to the Natio Octavarium as the prime minister nor in the name of the Realm, but as a private individual. I would like to deposit a large sum of money for safekeeping in your bank. Anonymity is important. What do I need to do?

[Image: clvpgq5.png]
Prime Minister
Representative of House Steiner
Kingdom of Bretonia

Open for Replies
[Image: 8eJqoen.png]
Natio Octavarium
Ministry of Finance

Good Evening, Madam Prime Minister,

The Bank of Canberra provides discreet financial services for wealthy patrons across Sirius, and it would be an honor to extend our services to you as well. For your particular situation, I would suggest opening a numbered account to hold your funds. A Numbered Account does not have your name attached to it, instead being identified only by a number. The only people who will know that the account is yours are yourself and a few select bank employees. Even I cannot access that information, and we absolutely do not share it with anyone for any reason.

Given the nature of your position, I understand if you can't come to Nassau in person. If you like, I can forward the necessary paperwork directly to your office by diplomatic pouch. From there, the Bank will work with you on a discreet transfer of funds.

Natalie Wallace

Natalie Wallace, Minister of Finance
Natio Octavarium

Esteemed Minister of Finance,

I would prefer to found a company within Natio Octavarium, as that adds another layer of anonymity. The numbered bank account will be used by the company and not me as an individual. It does not necessarily need to have any employees. Would that be possible?

Prime Minister
Kingdom of Bretonia

Open for Replies
(//Starting this off with an OOC note. I completely forgot about this... mea maxima culpa. Since there's no reason, in-character, that we'd have left the Prime Minister of Bretonia's financial shenanigans hanging, consider this post backdated a month or so. I might not have addressed this in a timely manner, but Minister Wallace absolutely would have. Now, back to our regularly scheduled RP post.)

Natio Octavarium
Ministry of Finance

Good Morning, Madam Prime Minister,

It sounds like you want to set up a shell corporation, and we can absolutely help you with that. A shell corporation would allow you to maintain anonymity, as well as take advantage of Natio Octavarium's much lower tax rates, both of which I imagine would be quite useful for someone in your position. For example, any profits made on any investments or sales by your company would be taxed at Natio Octavarium's very modest rates rather than the higher rates taken by other governments. As the transactions are done by an Octavarian corporation rather than by you, a Bretonian Citizen, this is entirely legal under house law. Other prominent and wealthy customers find this service useful for exactly that reason.

I will include the necessary paperwork in the same diplomatic pouch with the account paperwork. A Bank of Canberra representative will be available 24/7 to assist you with any questions you may have. My own office is also available at your convenience. It is an honor and pleasure to do business with you.

Natalie Wallace

Natio Octavarium

Esteemed Minister of Finance,

You are right, that is what I would like to do. Please forward me the necessary paperwork, thank you.

Prime Minister
Kingdom of Bretonia

Open for Replies
Planetform, Inc.
[Image: FpaJJ3w.jpg]

To: NSEZ

Subject: Offshore

Greetings,
My name is Dr. Charles Holland, CEO of Planetform Incorporated. I am messaging you today to inquire about incorporating Planetform, or a shell company of Planetform into the NSEZ. We hope to hear from you soon.
Dr. Charles Holland
CEO, Planetform, Inc.

Creating Worlds
Natio Octavarium
Ministry of Finance

Good Evening, Dr. Holland,

I must say, it's an honor to hear from a company of Planetform's stature. I assume you're still wanting to keep your corporate headquarters on Canterbury in New London? If so, directly incorporating Planetform in Natio Octavarium wouldn't be the right option for you. I doubt that the Bretonian Government would allow it in any case. If your aim is to spare your shareholders Her Majesty's increasingly burdensome business tax rates, however, we can still accommodate you. For that, you'll need to set up a shell corporation.

A shell corporation is corporation that only exists on paper, without any offices or employees. The corporation can still hold assets such as ships or bank accounts, and may serve as an intermediary for financial transactions. With careful planning of your financial transactions, you can arrange it so that the majority of your profits are posted by the shell company, rather than the parent company itself. In this way, you can take advantage of Natio Octavarium's much more favorable business tax structure while still remaining in full compliance with all House laws and regulations.

I'm currently at Nassau, so if your people want to come to Curacao to discuss the details, I'm available at your convenience. If you'd prefer, I can also come to you at Canterbury. I look forward to working with you, and hope to hear from you soon.

Natalie Wallace

Natio Octavarium