Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Homeward Bound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

The day at California Minor's main ports was busy as ever. Dozens of ships landed every single minute of the day, from the smallest aeroshuttles, to gigantic transports whose shadow black out the sky.

Among them flew a completely ordinary Kestrel, perhaps too ordinary if one asked a paranoid man. But the only thing suspicious about this ship was the landing: A fast, sharp counterclockwise downward spiral, one that was more often seen from dropships landing under heavy fire, than from ordinary freighters at a civilian port.

After this little parade (earning only a few disapproving looks from the dockworkers present) the airlock opened, and a rather young woman walked out. She lighted up a cigarette, while waited for her guest of honor.

Not so far from the landing pad Y'Berg would see a number of police officers and doctors, being busy, it looks like they are working around the female body that is laying on the ground. Ward wasn't coming so Y'berg couldn't help herself but come closer to see what's up. In the puddle of blood was laying no other than Alexandra Ward. Her skin is pale, eyes and mouth are frozen in a wide-open position. It looks like she was screaming, it feels like her beautiful lips are now cold. Looking down she would see wounds at her chest and belly, looks like a firearm penetrations.

One of the police officers would come closer to Y'berg, politely asking her to leave the site.

"Captain Y'berg, BAF. I've came to pick that woman up" She paced towards the scene "Is she dead?" Pria didn't even looked at the officer, just walked. She was a good 40 meters from the scene, and by the looks of it, there was a bad day coming up.
"Shit, hall's gonna kill me" muttered to herself

"Bretonian?" Police officer could not help but wonder. "You claim that you know her? We cannot identify this corpse, she has no ID, and her biometrics are not in the Liberty citizen database. Do you wish to cooperate with us to identify her?"

"Not a word until you ask my question." There were less than 15 meters between them, and with every step, the situation seemed worse and worse. As Pria became more and more frustrated, she turned to the officer "I'm sorry. But this will be quite annoying to me the moment my superiors hear about it. Yes, I'll help you. She is, or looks like the pilot I was supposed to pick up, who's a Bretonian citizen on leave"

Officer would look back at the corpse. "She is dead, the poor woman has taken 7 shots, medics are saying she died instantly and there was no chance saving her. We have locked down the area and trying to find the killer at the hotspot."

"Well, it beats suffocating in a wreck, I guess." She said to herself "Ballistics?" She pulled up her most recent picture of Ward, to identify the woman."Oh, and I've got an idea, regarding the suspects"