Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Cretan Council of Elders, BFC, TBH, Potentia | From: Ile-de-France Shipping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
.....connecting /
.....password_required: ############/
..... sender: Dia Augustopolou /
.....uploading_transmission /

[Image: JZpnmC3.png]
[Image: bJiG8Nw.png]

Kalimera,

I'm sure it comes as a surprise to see a Corsair in Gallic colours, but, as the philosopher said, the only constant is change, and so it is true for me. I've seen Ile-de-France Shipping convoys trading more and more with Crete, supplied with Xeno Relics by Corsair miners and bringing in various materials from Gallia. They found it helpful to have someone with understanding of the Cretan culture and politics working for them, and I found it useful to have an agent of Crete in Gallia, capable of serving our homeworld from elsewhere.

Now, past the introductions, the IDF is interested in a more sophisticated trade relationship with the Corsairs, but, being Gallic and not familiar with the Corsair needs and the market, asked me to spearhead this effort. The list of materials the IDF is capable of obtaining and willing to deliver to Crete is honestly quite impressive and I'm sure that we will be able to provide for your needs, In particular, commodities such as food (both staple foods like Kyushu Rice as well as more luxury varieties), consumer goods and whatever farming equipment the Custodi population up north can use to increase the domestic agricultural output can be delivered to Crete.

In return, Gallic researchers are interested in a steady stream of Artifacts and Xeno Relics moving to Ile-de-France. The Confederate government does not seem to mind it much and I hear there are talks with the Kusarians to ensure that these are licensed to IDF as well.

The current stakeholders of IDF aren't entirely convinced that the supply of essential materials to Crete is going to bring the best profit, though, either monetary or otherwise. I would like to hear from the Council of Elders or other powerholders what Corsairs can offer to offset the credit margins and help me convince them otherwise.

Yours faithfully,
Dia Augustopolou

[Image: brkoizw.png]

.....disconnecting /
|X| - |X| - |X| - |X| Transmission incoming |X| - |X| - |X| - |X|

[Image: oD5XYve.png]
[Image: Kyl3YV1.png][Image: kmwLcwp.gif][Image: vFtzjqP.png]
[Image: xjoLqww.png]

Carrier ID: Pepe "El Comisario" Ladron | Carrier: Dia Augustopolou | Description: Cherry on el top

A cherry on el top

Senorita Augustopolou... *nods*

Good to see someone faithfully ours so far away, but so deep connected to our new business partners. Also good to see your jewelry is getting heavier since I saw you last time. Knowing Cretan culture looks like making a weight on your nice long neck. A mess in our fleet after Custodi captains disappeared from bridges of our battleships is a weight for our necks you left for us. Not to mention a mess with our Gaian allies.

After that being said it bothers me a little you are the one asking Elders to grease a business we already established with Parisian Assembly. There's a copy of our talks so far, that Elders are sharing thanks to their well known kindness to our Greek neighbors SYNOPSIS COPY. Does your comm means Custodi captains will be now our well paid representatives in far away Galia, instead of doing what we trained them for? In our combat rosters I can't find their names any more, that's for sure.

*he pressed off button with his hairy macho hand, to end comms. Button cracked dead happily, knowing it has to listen this... things - no more.*

[Image: y5XXR2k.png]

|X| - |X| - |X| - |X| No Carrier at all |X| - |X| - |X| - |X|
.....connecting /

Pepe,

I would say it's a pleasure seeing you again, but I'd rather not begin with a lie. But, yes, as you can see, at least one of us managed to cultivate her good taste when it comes to jewelry.

When it comes to the Custodi, I'm not sure if you noticed but we lost a war. Gaians betrayed you and sided with Bretonia. The fact that you continue tolerating them is beyond my understanding. And the lack of capable pilots and commanders among the Dorian ranks is your problem, not mine. I'm not your opponent, Pepe, but you will be the last person I will explain myself or my nation to.

I know about the contract with the Assembly. I read through the communication you attached. I'm sure the Corsair children who hadn't seen a full plate of food in years will be delighted by your securing a deal to provide them with Molybdenum Ore sandwiches. I heard they're not very good for your teeth, though.

Now I will keep this channel open with the faint hope that someone with more common sense than you is going to answer this.

Yours sincerely,
Dia Augustopolou

.....disconnecting /
[Image: 26o3wKp.png]

[Image: n3tHzPy.png]

Sender: Vice-almirante Lucia Jaquez

Subject: SUBJECT

Encryption: Alta Criptografia

Olà, senhora Augustopolou.

I'm not sure if we have met before. In case we didn't, my name is Lucia Jaquez, Vice-Almirante and coordinator of the Black Flag Corsairs.

So, you're with the Ile de France company now? Good for them. I like those people, but I am not sure if it was a good idea for you to leave the empire's military.
Some people might see this as desertion and look down on you and Ile de France Shipping for that. Personally, I couldn't care less where the Custodi remnants scatter to. But we're here to talk about business, right? Better to just stick to that topic for now.

While it is true that the food shortages are still a problem on Crete, the Black Flag Corsairs are more interested in a long term solution than supplies of food rations. Such rations are only needed on the frontlines, but I wouldn't want to burden IDF with such dangerous runs.

Instead, I would like you to send some supplies to us which will help improve the farmlands on Crete and the biodomes of Skiros. Those supplies might not be that common in Gallia, but they are far more useful for us than regular shipments.

This is merely a small test, to check IDF's usefulness. If you deliver the required amount of cargo quickly, without causing any disturbances and in good quality, we will consider another, larger contract, which will involve more Gallic goods.

Oh, and tell the stakeholders that this might become a long term cooperation. If you help build up the Cretan economy, naturally the Corsairs will be able to buy more goods from your company, and will grant you a larger variety of imports. It will take some time, but the future surely will bring us both great profits.
Oh, another thing: Of course your vessels will enjoy our protection when flying in our borders, maybe even beyond, if we can spare the ressources.

Please let me know if your company is willing to accept the contract below as their trial. I'm hoping for a positive answer.

Tchau
Vice-almirante Lucia Jaquez

Attachments:

.....connecting /

Kyria Jaquez,

The Augustopoloi wear many hats. As a Custodi I know the workings of Cretan agriculture, as an Augustopolou I know a thing or two about commerce and craft and as a former General I am familiar with the military doctrine of the Corsairs. I do understand your reservations about my loyalty but rest assured that there is no cause for concern. My family in Attica can more than enough vouch for my integrity.

Now, regarding business.

While your shopping list certainly shows more foresight than Pepe's industrial amounts of Molybdenum Ore, I would have to question its feasibility. All three products you list essentially fulfill the same role, but have varying levels of difficulty when it comes to obtaining them. Right off the bat, FloraGro has to unfortunately be crossed out as the only source of that is Liberty and IDF does no business there. Generic Rheinlander fertilizer is fairly easy to get, so easy in fact that certain groups of Zoners from Freeport 5 found their niche in bringing it to Omega-41 and selling it to Corsairs with ridiculous markup. While their prices are high, I'm quite sure it would make even less economic sense to contract IDF to bring that kind of cargo to Crete.

So that leaves HydroGro. Back in the day we used to get fairly irregular shipments of that from Hogosha and the Alliance and while their short-term efficiency claims proved to be dubious at best, I heard that the property of reduced depletion of soil's nutrients proved to be very helpful over the seasons. Additionally, IDF remains in good relations with Samura, so obtaining it should not be a problem at all.

I did some of my own research and snooping around IDF's databases and found two one more thing of interest. Kishiro seems to produce machines called RoboCultivars. They advertise them as "machines able to perform a variety of agricultural tasks". Crete's farming has yet to properly industrialize so I believe this would be a good first step into that field.

Let me know what you think.

Yours sincerely,
Dia Augustopolou

.....disconnecting /