Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Matriarch Kiri
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Flame_Lilly.png]

Sender ID: Katsuki Hanako
Recipient: Matriarch Kiri
Subject: Self Imposed Exile

Greetings Matriarch, I must apologize for my failure... I faded into the shadows when the conflict with the Blood Dragons began, I sought a way to end our plight peacefully, foolishly I have wasted away deep within Matsuda's texts, seeking answers where there were none, any sister that was injured in the wake of my absence was so by my hand, I failed to protect them. I beg your forgiveness Matriarch, words mean nothing, and if I must repent by giving my life then let it be so...

I seek to return to your service, to protect my sisters whom I've abandoned in my panic, my solitude was nothing but a waste, I have gained nothing and lost much, nearly being driven to the point of madness over how much time has passed me by.

I will await your answer upon Morioka.

[Image: iHaHiX2.png]

ID: Matriarch Kiri
Encryption: Golden Lily
Recipient: Katsuki Hanako
CC: None
Subject: Return

Hanako-san,

It has been a long time we spoke. I missed our talks. The conflict with the Blood Dragons was indeed unfortunate. I had to make a decision when the Coalition invaded Kyushu and the Blood Dragons refused to cooperate and turned against us. They were the ones who began hostilities and declared war. My severe retaliation was something that in hindsight was not needed to ensure our victory. However, I needed to make sure that everyone knew that we are not to be trifled with, not even by our allies.

You do not have permission to take your life. You do have permission to return to us. Let me ask you one important question. Did you find any answers in the texts of Matsuda? I can hardly believe you spent all this time in study without any new enlightened ideas.

Matriarch Kiri

I am afraid the only cipher I found that could possibly relate to our current dilemma was somewhere in one of the first scrolls I read over. "The Enlightened do not exist for the sole purpose of their own intelligence, they exist so that they can guide and teach those around them, nowhere is this truth more denied than in Kusari, where the Enlightened seek to quell free ideals, to take control of their own people rather than guide them to prosperity, thus is their imperial machine, their regime with no respect for human life."

In the end the many people of kusari were impacted by her ritualistic suicide, some dismissed it, though many realized how devout she really was in her belief, with no wish to gain power over Kusari, she ended her existence abruptly. I believe the only correct course of action is to be a true ally to the Dragons, by enlightening them, even if forcefully to the dilemma they willingly started. Even if I broke a promise by allowing our ancient alliance to fall to dust, I will instead work to rebuild it.

The only issue I have with this is them not viewing us as a true ally. Time and time again, they chose others in favour of us. The Order, the Coalition twice, They put sanctions on us for self defence and they allowed our enemies to construct a base in the heart of our zone of operations. These are no minor infractions and each time their violations have increased.

The first time they tried to fine us. What did we do? We basicly ignored this and let is slide. The second time they imposed technological sanctions on us. Do you know how expensive it was to buy replacement craft from Malta? But the third time was unforgivable. They allowed the Coalition to construct a base in Kyushu. I demanded that the Coalition packed up and left, but instead the BD accused us of attacking Blood Dragon vessels and declared war.

Each time it was us being wronged. Being a true ally to them is a very unrewarding position.

Matriarch Kiri

Matriarch, I would urge you not to forget your mercy, it is your best quality, after all. I do understand your anger, we are all vindictive in nature, with how much mercy we have already shown. I do not mean to imply we should have more patience with them, I merely mean we should not forget who we are amidst all this chaos and rage. It is our task to bring attention to the grave errors they have made, and bring them to heel so they do not jeopardize the future we fight for within Kusari.

Justice demands the heads of their leaders, repentance demands they kneel and admit their mistakes. Regardless of what decisions you make, my blade is yours once again, Matriarch.

I agree to your sentiments. We have already reached the objective of expelling the coalition from Kusari, but with current tensions I do not see how to easily move away from such conflict. The Blood Dragon clans certainly did not move to establish even a cease fire, other than us working together to destroy a couple of samura bases. It would be humiliating if we came to them with a peace offering ne? Basicly both of us are too proud to move first. Both of us are preserving our show of force. I would want more than a simple excuse. Of all the penalties we incurred, it is their turn to move.

Matriarch Kiri

There are those among the Dragons that seek to wash their hands clean of the blood through their own death, for their failure to keep up the relations. Goto Daichi being one of them. I could attempt to quell the hostilities once again, though I fear my words would fall upon deaf ears, and we would lose honorable dragons to the decisions of their foolish masters.

I have not lost my virtue, my patience. Though I know that in our current time, words mean little to either side, we know they care little for us or our ancient alliance, they know we are now fed up and quick to act against them and their foreign allegiance. The damage done is irreversible, and I fear that now they have invested so much, and given their word to put us down, as the same of our sisters, that no one will cease this bloody conflict.

I believe this conflict was inevitable. How about you return to Kinkaku-ji? The festival of Matsuda has come again and I would like a reliable sword around incase history will repeat itself. With increased tensions it is even more likely to happen this year. We also made an efford to increase security around the base, but we know how fast things can escalate.

We even had a misguided GC pilot attacking Gen'an Sisters. Nothing suprises me anymore.

Matriarch Kiri

Considering our old friends upon Ainu, that doesn't particularly surprise me either, though it is no less strange than it was yesterday. Truth be told in all this mess I had forgotten about the festival, I wasn't horribly active at the last, but it would be my honor to serve.