Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [827 A.S. Edition] Kingiku No Seiyaku Matsuri
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Kane smiled, slightly puzzled by Misaki's question, and shook her hand. "Likewise, Ms. Yunoki, Ms. Katsuki. And, uh, I've kind of been working my way through this one already, but it is a decent bourbon and if you're into whisky, I would recommend it. Not quite sure where it was made, though it doesn't taste local. Possibly a Barrier import."

He took a sip and quickly followed up with a question. Recent events in the Taus were on the verge of causing international political incidents, and while he had formally retired the mantle of Minister of Relations, movements of military forces in the region were something he still had to contend with as a Taskmaster. "Did I see a Naval Forces officer in here at some point? Kind of a stand-out uniform at an event like this. Can't imagine he was here in good standing."
The Festival => Mr Ling & Drake

Yoshigahara raised her eyebrow, a sweet mix offered by Ling didn't seem to sound that bad. Well it was time to try this one, hopefully it wouldn't waste her that much.

"Well, I would love to try that mix of yours, just by watching you I guess your bartending skills are quite high." Yoshi said and after that she looked at Drake.
"Don't worry, I will make sure you are the first one informed about his rude behaviour towards me or my sister. " Yoshigahara smirked, followed by innocent smile to Ling.
Mick noticed the Sister move across the hall, his gaze drew to where she was walking and he sees the action towards the Kusari pilot which he had scrubbed and cleaned if anyone could see micks face it was almost an orgasmic look watching the sister come down on the Naval Pilot as he finally met his fate!

He laughed among his friends as they watched the limp lifeless Kusari Naval Pilot being carried out the hall!

Sun takes in the sights then decides to move over the bar in her hand-made wooden sandals, she keeps her hands in front of her as she asks the Bartender for some water, she carries a small satchel around her body. A glass is put on the bar for her, she takes it and drinks some looking around at the conversations. Sun, being polite only listens to some conversations now and then still being amazed at the festivities. Sun keeps a broad enthusiastic smile on her face.

Misaki

Misaki made a clumsy bow to Harold Kane, before standing straight again. "Bourbon? I never tried that before. I do like liberty ale. First time I tried that was from a few Rogues. I kinda keep a stash hidden somewhere in my room."

She did notice the person in the KNF uniform but she expected he was one of the guests for some reason. not yet did it cross her mind he being be an actual KNF pilot until Mariko killed him.

"Eh, yes. I think I saw Mariko kill that one just yet." Misaki pointed at the floor. "There with the red stain on the floor. Why? Did you know him? I don't really know many of those. Only Izumi-chan. She keeps trying to arrest me and I keep blowing up their toys."

"I'm not rude, I'm colorful", Ling says to Drake as he reaches for his supplies. Taking what appears to be a small stainless steel rod, he smashes a large cube of ice into many chunks, and puts it into the shaker. On the ice, he adds honey, cream, and sake, and shakes it for a bit. He motions to the bartender, who provides him with a salt-rimmed glass and a strawberry, which he slices a slit into, sticks to the rim of the glass, and runs it around, mixing the salt and the strawberry. Next, he pours the drink from the shaker through two strainers, one he holds to the end of the shaker, and one he holds over the glass. The end result is a smooth, sweet drink, almost more of a very fine foam than a liquid. "Your drink, m'lady.", he says with a cheeky smile and a tip of a non-existent hat.

Ling had noticed her when she first walked in. Religious figure of some sort, maybe. Or a devotee. Judging only by clothing, at least. He had watched her for a bit from his peripheral vision, the ability to watch someone without moving his eyes being one of his most valuable skills. All the while he held his conversation with Drake and Yoshigahara, he had kept track of the lady in clothes almost as fancy as his. What caught his attention was having no noticeable identification with any group present. It was not the coarse roughness that the Junkers had, nor the expensive refinement of the Hackers. It was not the dutiful jeans and button-up he had learned to expect from the Rogues, nor the standard Maltese attire. It was not the combat-ready Chrysanthemums, nor the pleasant, ideologically equidistant attire of Natio Octavarium. She was someone else. Ling knew she wasn't here as a spy. Spies are fidgety. They know they're in hostile territory. They get jumpy and hyperactive. She was calm, collected, and adhering to a societal code of manners. She was definitely invited here by someone, yet no group moved to claim her. Well, I suppose I am a gentleman, Ling thought to himself as he took a deep breath to finish his cigar, and put it out in the ash tray.

Ling had already decided by her clothes that she had refined taste. Reading her body language, it seemed to Ling that smooth textures came first, and second came complexity. He began using his slicer to peel a black plum, and then slice it into extremely thin slices, slices that could be seen through with ease. With his preparation out of the way, he moved on to the big gamble: Does she drink alcohol? He motioned to the bartender, and after a small amount of entirely nonverbal communication, the bartender brought three bottles, one of Umeshu, which is a fine plum wine of Kusari origin, one of gin, and one of a lavender soda. Ling puts the thin slices into the bottom of his shaker, and uses a wooden muddler to press the juices out of each slice individually. Ling then scoops the leftover solids from the slices out with his spoon, leaving just the juice. He adds a handfull of sugar to make a thicker, plum flavored sugar. He then uses it to rim the glass. After that, Ling prepares the drink in a separate glass, two parts gin, one part umeshu, and one part soda. He stirs slowly and lightly so as not to make the soda go flat, then pours the drink into the rimmed cocktail glass. He takes one more plum, slices a thick slice, and floats it on top of the drink, giving the final emphasis of the sweet, refined flavor he had worked to build.

He held it slightly away from himself, in the direction of the woman in Buddhist attire. Not an offer, but an invitation. At an event like this, no one should be alone. That's how trouble starts, and while Ling was perfectly ready for trouble, he decided it would look bad on his reputation to be present at a fight (or worse) at such a high class event. He spoke to her, calling her over. "Fancy a drink in this fine establishment, Ojou-sama?"

Mariko

After Mariko had directed the two Sisters to dispose of the KNF pilot, she returned to the main hall. At first let her eyes quickly scan the environment. Misaki was talking to Harald Kane. She knew his name from earlier business with the Natio Octavarium, but this time was the first time she saw him in the flesh. The two Hanako's were finally done arguing. The junker who brought the anoying pilot to the festival was just watching the festival. A new buddhist Monk had come out of nowhere but she seemed harmless.

She decided to walk up to Yoshigahara and her new acquintences. She took a white handfan out of her obi. On the fan was a handpainted chrysanthemum. She partially obsured her mouth with it as she approached them

"Konnichiwa, Yoshi-san, would you be so kind to introduce your friends to me?"

Yoshi

Yoshigahara was carefully observing how Ling managed to make everything look so easy and his moves so smooth. It was awesome and entertaining to watch this little show in this big theatre of music and mumbling voices.

"I have to admit you've got some serious skill right there... Let's try it out!! Yoshigahara picked the glass above her head, carefully examining its colour and consistency. It took her few seconds before she made a first sip. Closing her eyes, she unintentionally let a grin of satisfaction appear on her face
"So how much would you expect to be paid for the bartending job." Yoshigahara smirked, then she spotted a known face approaching them. Mariko...
"Mariko-san... This is Mr.Ling and Mr.Drake.
Both are the Hackers from the Inner circle. "

Kiku

Kiku was late. Something she always tried to avoid at all cost, but this time she had help one of the sisters in need of immediate health solution. But she was free now, she put her best smile on and carefully set course to the festival. She was wearing her typical green priestess robe with some basic ornaments. Soon she was standing at the entrance. With a deep breath she had decided to enter. The environment was relaxing, something she needed now more than ever. After taking a closer look around, she spotted familiar faces surrounded by unfamiliar. Her sister was obviously surrounded by men, Hackers according to their suits and Mariko. Kiku also spotted one... Then SECOND Hanako. But Kiku could feel the kind presence of one specific person. Sun Koken.

Mick reaches into his breast pocket and pulls out a device, he taps it a few times and looks to be replying he shows the screen to his party members and nods to the exit!

While his party leave he follows once he collects his things and leaves the festival!

Mick looking at the time on his device as he walks out, his face would offer an expression of a man who has a job to do!

He exits and walks along to his ship at the Docking bay and he gets in and sets a course to home!

(Mick had really enjoyed his rest and relaxation but of course Duty calls - a Junkers life is never comfortable for too long)
[Image: Flame_Lilly.png]

Hanako's attention was quickly drawn by the approaching man, eyeing him up for a few moments before turning her gaze over the festival, Mariko already bringing down a threat that she did not see, she couldn't really afford more distractions. Her amber eyes eventually returned as Kane introduced himself, if nothing more than to see what he wanted as Misaki conversed with him. Not really having anything to say.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9