Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Future of the Volksrevolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

"Those who dwell in the past shall never reap the rewards of the future" - Brigadegeneral Liang Meng

Prologue

Time and time again the Jormungandr has proven itself to be a worthy asset and feared enemy on the battlefield. Its crushing power and agile profile is vastly superior to the Rheinland Military assets. However as time moves forward our enemy changes and so does their technology and tactics. To keep them guessing we must look to the future and phase out old equipment for new ones. Now more then ever we must be looking to expand our assets and upgrade old ones. The Jormungandr has been receiving updates as the years pass us by. However being Coalition born I find my hands rest easy with my native technology.

[Image: NiOg9Cq.jpg]
The Erdhenne was my first command given to me by then Generalmajor Heinrich. It was a fierce Cruiser with the potential to give no quarter even when out numbered. After I made Hauptmann I was given full command of the ship and privy to some of the oberkommando meetings. As the Volksrevoltion began to change so must the people who reside in it. With permission from Generalmajor Heinreich and premier Mehmed Selim the Vidar Erdhene was dismantled and its parts used to shape a Hurricane Battlecruiser. it has served us well and I can say with pride I felt empowered when setting foot on the bridge.

My promotion to Brigadegeneral a year ago has proven useful and I have been able to utilize my position to better the Volksrevolution and myself in the process. Having contacted Generalmajor Njáll Östberg and he has approved the
[Image: kaD4Va0.jpg]
Hurricane Erdhenne to be used to shape the Tempest that I will be taking command of. Since resources are tight I do not see why we should waste the spare parts and ensure we do things right the first time. We were able to secure a portion of a damaged Tempest and with the Erdhenne's deconstruction it would be enough to bring the Kvasir back into service. Wolfsburg Shipyard has been working around the clock to get my new command up and running and the Generalmajor is eager to put the ship to the test. I am expecting to be sent to Cologne to reinforce our position in the system and keep the Imperials at bay and the Gallic Confederation off our tails. Though with the war breaking out between Gallia and Kusari I severely doubt we will be seeing much activity from them anytime soon.

Construction Phase

Coalition Engineers aboard the Wolfsburg were re routed from other projects and focused solely on the Kvasir. Hessen engineers who were most familiar with Coalition technology was also moved in and began working. We had no issue deconstructing the Erdhenne but we where having a hard time getting the firing sequence for the main thrusters working correctly. That issue coupled with bad wiring that was not done properly the first time gave us a few set backs. It has been two months now and we are not nearly as close as we should be to completing the project and the Generalmajor is getting impatient. Much of the Erdhenne's parts have been consumed and he is fearing we might need to strain our resources to finish this in a timely manner.

Just as supplies was running low, one of our patrols came across a shipment of Hull Segments and Alloys bound for the Imperial Shipyard in front of new Berlin. We were able to ransack the Transport with all of its goods and as a gesture of good will we let the pilots go. With the supplies gathered from our raids in New Berlin we were able to bring the Tempest to a serviceable state. However we can only be sure with field tests and one never knows how good or bad something is until it performs in the field. The Kvasir is on a short leash at the moment and is not slighted to travel long distances until data from our tests in Dresden and Omega-54 are completed.

Field Testing

The Kvasir has been spending all of its time in Omega-54 shooting asteroids and running shield drain tests to simulate incoming fire. tweaks to the power core and power usage has been a growing pain for this new Tempest. Either it used to much power for a small task or it does not use enough power for a big task. Engineers on Wolfsburg have speculated the power core was faulty but further investigation showed it was the Shield system draining to much power and feeding it elsewhere in the ship. After rerouting the excess power back to the core everything seemed to function but more testing was certainly needed.

Two months have passed and the Kvasir is nearing the end of its preliminary testing phase and it has been showing great promise. The Oberkommando has begun filling her bays with Odins and Thors as field testing is coming to an end and active service is around the corner.

The Christening of the Kvasir

It was a sight to behold. Engineers from Wolfsburg and the Oberkommando lined the decks of the Kvasir giving their praise for the persistence we have endured over the last year or so. Orders from the Generalmajor on where the ship will be posted are expected to hit my desk any day now and I feel confident the Kvasir will be able to perform all duties exceptionally well. Only time will tell if our work here was worth it. One thing for sure Is I have an attachment to this ship. If she goes down, so would I.

[Image: LYNVgRi.png]