Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship Lore Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I don't normally ask for feedback because frankly I don't normally care. Most of my work is for my own enjoyment.

My Ship Lore project is different. This is something I'm actually writing with the goal of other people referencing it in their RP. Our ships are our point of interaction with the game, yet there's almost no lore out there for them, just one or two paragraphs on an infocard.

I'm also expecting the most recent entry (as of this post), the Border Worlds one, to be somewhat controversial.

I'm not currently planning to cover any faction ships, though this may change after I'm done with all of the non-faction ships. First it's Sirius Civ and BW, then I'll cover house civ stuff. I am open to faction variants of civ/bw ships for the Variants section, though. Feel free to drop ideas here or in PMs.

Inspiration comes from mechanics (Startracker being terrible), quirks of development (the Preagle, the triumphant return of the Starflier and Starblazer), and just shit I come up with on the spot.
I personally don't mind the BW designs stemming from old Outcast ships being repurposed for export, reverse engineered, and manufactured by everyone else as a cheap, reliable blueprint already in circulation.

Even if in vanilla pretty much every pirate and their mother used border worlds snubs for lack of their own shipline. Including Outcasts.

Otherwise, I quite like these. They're a nice bit of flavor text for each shipline that, canon or not, serves to flesh things out a bit more. Which, in a setting? Always good. Even if it isn't read much.