Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Public Annoucement to the denizens of Kusari [Comments Open]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PUBLIC ADDRESS OF KOUSHAKU SHIMAMORI MASAHITO TO THE PEOPLE OF KUSARI

[Image: 5lqJajt.gif]
侯爵島森正仁

Kusari kokumin, gokigenyou! Shimamori Masahito de arimasu. Kyou taisetsuna wadai ni tsuite ensetsu shimasu. Watashitachi no daijina Kusari koku wa kiki ni hin shite imasu. Shitagatte, Taikoku no mirai ni tsuite kangaesaseritai desu.

People of Kusari! I am Koshaku (//Marquess) Shimamori Masahito. And today I would like to discuss with fellow-Kusarians an important matter. War.

As you all well know, recently the Empire entered into another war with now the Confederacy of Gallia. This decision raised many eyebrows among high-ranking officials I had opportunity to discuss the matter with. This war is a problem, and we have to deal with it.

It is not the first time we fight the Gauls. King Charles ordered his fleet to secure Taus eight years ago and we were the defenders, although at the same time we were the attackers regarding Bretonia. Our proud fleet was divided and obliterated. Luckily, Kusari Teikoku managed to secure a peace deal with the Kingdom which was not as bad as it could have been. We were pushed back from the Taus without suffering the burdens of full-scale invasion that Bretonia was yet to experience. Gauls showed us the the technology and tactics that humbled not only us, but all of Sirius. And although they were no match for our spirit, the war, unfortunately, cannot be won only by spirit. The Gallic juggernaut was stopped only by the combined forces of two Houses. Even then, Liberty and Bretonia only managed to bring the Gallic advances to a halt, while the real joker of the war was the Council that defeated the Kingdom from inside. Do not forget also about the Kempeitai and remnants of the Imperial fleet that aided Bretonians against the Gauls. All of this was needed to stop the onslaught of Charles and we are lucky to have shown the Gauls the unrivalled combat spirit that spared us from our planets glassed and billions lives lost. That was the price to tame the giant.

Now, however, our leaders are poking the giant to lure him out from his den into our rice paddy fields. Although bruised, the giant remains the giant. And poking him certainly will not evoke a good mood. The Parisian Assembly has already released a statement regarding their stance on the war. While I do not like agreeing with our adversaries, I am left with no other choice but to agree with the gaikokujin as the points they are making are valid.

They accuse Kusari leadership of incompetence and recklessness - and I agree with them. I do not believe that the political and military experts have not provided the war cabinet with the analysis of the upcoming war. The war against Gallia that successfully fought Liberty and Bretonia with the Royal fleet which in turn succumbed to the Council fleet and now having both of those fleets combined is a token of incompetence in the decision-making and recklessness indicating disdain for the lives of the kokumin (//citizens) of Kusari.

They accuse Kusari leadership of dishonesty and pride - and I agree with them. This war was declared without any valid casus belli. This in turn tells about no clear strategy of the current leadership regarding the course and even possible outcomes of war, be they in or against our favour. Would a bee sting a bear, knowing that it would die with the sting? War is the finest art, yet war without reason does not bring honour. And what are we without honour? The shogun must be forgetting the lessons of bushido. Pride drives him, and dishonour will he reap.

Having this said, I still believe in the wisdom of the Emperor. I believe that since the reformation of the Empire the military matters are in the primary responsibility of shogun Ikeda Motoyasu while the powers of the Emperor are restricted by the Diet and other institutions. Our leader was turned into a ceremonial puppet, and I presume the current war is the result of the ambitions of various individuals hungry for making money out of blood of the honourable soldiers of Kusari. For centuries we existed in peace and harmony under the wise stewardship of Tenno (//emperor). We went to war honourably, and we lived honourably in peace. With the Emperor curtailed in his powers and the balance shaken, we see the dishonourable declaration of war without valid grounds, the war that might this time not spare us and bring ruin to our homes.

Despite the initial success, the advances of the Naval forces have already been halted and it is just a matter of time until the Gauls will start pushing back. They are fighting at their home territory, they have battle-hardened veterans and advanced Gallic military technology on their side. I do not doubt that our soldiers will diligently perform their duty with honour, yet as I said their adamant spirit cannot win this war alone, for dishonourable wars are not destined to be won. Gallic advance on Sirius is an example. Rheinland attack on GMG is another example.

So what do we have to do? I represent Shimamori clan that originated 200 years ago from Emperor’s nephew, granted his own Clan Name for his service to the Empire. As my ancestors served selflessly the Empire, so I shall do today. I will contact the representatives of Gallia and try to negotiate peace on the basis of mutual respect and honour while it is not too late. To this end, I am ready to direct my clan vessel “Zuiryu” to Gallic territories to discuss the matters face-to-face. I might be deemed traitor for my views and actions, yet I fear not for I am ready to make this sacrifice for the Empire and spare its people of ruin. I call upon the denizens of Kusari to support me in this endeavour and stand tall against the ill decisions of the Shogun.

天皇。名誉。 調和。(//Emperor. Honour. Harmony)

[Image: eiqeLns.png?1]

[発表以上]
[Image: BT67o54.png]

Majima Family

Oyabun Majima, Majima Family, Hogosha Alliance.

A pleasure, I guess. First of all, who the hell are you even? Shimamori Clan, rings about as many bells as whoever the current Dragon's Shogun is. They change more often than they change their underwear after all. Pretty bold to appear with a huge speech when there is not much to see about yourself, except a missing knowledge about our political world. Did you hide beneath a stone the past 200 years then?

Let me explain, our Emperor is the true ruler of Kusari and will always be. The Diet is a remnant of the Republic, a remnant bound to permanent interaction with the Emperor himself, to get any decisions done. They are the long arm of the Emperor and ease the progress of every day politics quite efficiently if you ask me. Want to know how I know this? Well, we committed to the political landscape, we are part of the Lower House. Not that this means much, given the limited power we have there. Anyway, on the political field we focus on issues such as the corruption, lack of respect, foreign influences, the degradation of our culture and foreign risks to our prosperity. Oh wait!

Foreign dangers. The next point. Sir, you must have been under a rock for real, do you even realize how vulnerable the former behemoth of Gallia became? They cannot even tackle down the Enclave, a remnant cut off from anyone by Bretonians and them at the borders of their small Hebrides, a remnant clearly unable to keep their ships intact. A remnant which will feel the wrath of Kusari too, soon enough, I tell you!

You want to tell me that the Pamiers, a vessel probably dating back to the early days of the Council, or the Epinal, a knowingly ancient model of a Valor, are a threat to the modern and battle-hardened Naval Forces? Most of their forces are no match to us!
Do you lack any trust into our soldiers, who put their lives on stack for the Emperor and the continued prosperity of our nation?! Yes, you got it, my man! Revenge on the Royalists and showing we do not bow to Gallia ever clearly are not everything, everyone with two braincells sees where the Emperor's sight is set at.

You also should take a lesson in military tactics, Gallia is vulnerable, hai, yet efficiency is a goal to pursue in warfare. A surprise hit, an initial push with them unable to muster forces fast enough, will be their demise. Have faith into the Shogun and Emperor Tetsuya Kogen to do well for our nation and additionally restore Emperor Jien Kogen's honor, which was damaged during the defeat of our fleets by the hands of Gallia and the later decease of Emperor Jien Kogen still in exile.

Valid ground, valid ground. Wars are honorable for as long as you picture it to your population as such. Wars are never about honor, the honorary ways will be displayed by the Naval Forces' treatment of civilians. We are no mindless slaughterer like the Gallics or Rheinlanders when it comes to war.

I can assure you that this strike is in the interest of the people of Kusari and should you attempt to sabotage the ongoing operations, I will personally seek out the Nikkyo Consortium to discuss the future well-being of your Clan.

- Signed: Ryuu Majima, Oyabun of the Majima Family.
Office of Kusari Military Intelligence

[Image: shhnDOB.png]

Impostor. Impersonator. Puppet. Self-proclaimed Koshaku Shimamori Masahito, the Kempeitai will not add anymore insult to your words than what the esteemed Oyabun Majima has. One would think that a Koshaku of the Empire would be well-versed in politics and military affairs should they talk about it; however, you're proving otherwise. Not only are you failing - miserably - to comprehend the advantages our great Kaigun has in its battle against the genocidal and lying regime of Gallia, but you also seem to have failed to obtain some very basic information about our cabinet. The Imperial shogunate is under the wise leadership of shogun Ikeda Yamato, and not in fact Ikeda Motoyasu - we will not blame you for this, we blame your Gallic masters for missing out on this crucial - yet basic piece of information in this joke of a speech they handed to you.

Your attempts are nothing short of a pathetic joke aiming to stagger the never-ending faith of the honorable people in our great military.

Expect yourself in our generous hospitality soon.

-Signed: Office of the Shosho, Kusari Military Intelligence.