Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the EFL S.P.A. (EFL~)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

VCF Agincourt, Languedoc system
10th July, 743 AGS

[Image: 9dC3557.png]
[Image: kCgizvn.png]

Sender: Capitaine Jonathan Truchon, 29th Defence Fleet of the Gallic Navy
Recipient: EFL S.P.A.
Subject: Rare weapon needs repairs from skilled engineers

Bonjour, représentant de l'EFL S.P.A.,

I am Capitaine Jonathan Truchon from 29th Defence Fleet of the Gallic Navy, the captain of the patrol cruiser Agincourt. If you mind I am done with the introduction and cut right to the chase.

The Invasion of 'honourable' Kusari House was unexpectable and many of our ships were damaged during the first week of their advance into the systems of Languedoc and Lorraine. My ship was one of those who suffered damage but returned back to the service after repairs. I should actually say almost returned back to the service.

The Agincourt is a destroyer equipped with quite a rare weapon, the so-called Mauler-type, a minified Mons Meg if you are not familiar with Maulers yet, adapted for cruiser-type ships even if not perfectly calibrated. Unfortunately, these turrets were damaged and engineers on Nimes station were not capable to provide us with necessary repairs at the place. We also can't leave for long to Dauphine as Kusari forces keep pushing and performing regular skirmishes with our Fleet in the system of Languedoc.

My request is quite simple: I need your engineers to repair these cannons as soon as possible. Except for payment from the Marine Nationale itself, you will have additional rewards from my personal funds if your repairs are successful and shall make my bird get her sharp claws back.

Are you capable to provide me with these services as soon as possible or should I move my ship to Dauphine or even Ile-de-France for repairs there? Keep in mind that every unit may be crucial for our defence in Languedoc.

I will be waiting for your answer. Truchon out.

Attachments:

Attachments does not found

End of Message
[Image: goldeneye3.jpg]

Incoming Transmission

User ID: Véronique Baudelaire
Recipient: Capitaine Jonathan Truchon
Subject: Repairs

Salut, Capitaine Truchon,

I appreciate the need for haste with your request, so I'll keep this as brief as I can. The Assembly has already given the order for EFL to increase production and repair capabilities at our shipyards, we currently have no operational stations within Languedoc so i'll have to direct you to Fourchambault Shipyard in Dauphine, I have instructed our engineers to prioritise your vessel, we'll need every advantage we can muster in such a dire situation.

As the weapons are experimental it may take slightly longer to diagnose and repair them, I trust your crew is able to work with ours to speed things along.

Costs will be deferred to the defense forces, it is not something you need to worry about.

Véronique Baudelaire,
Directeur commercial et maritime,
EFL S.P.A.

[Image: EFL-v3.png]
Transmission Ends

VCF Agincourt, Languedoc system
10th July, 743 AGS

[Image: 9dC3557.png]
[Image: kCgizvn.png]

Sender: Capitaine Jonathan Truchon, 29th Defence Fleet of the Gallic Navy
Recipient: EFL S.P.A.
Subject: RE: Repairs

Madame Baudelaire,

Thank you for your quick response. The ship has been directed to the Dauphine and shall be at Fourchambault soon. The estimated time of arrival is 6 hours.

Attachments:

Attachments does not found

End of Message
Incoming Transmission

User ID: Gaston Dubois
Recipient: Capitaine Jonathan Truchon
Subject: Repair Report

Salut, Capitaine Truchon,

We've had your vessel for a while now and have been working closely alongside your crew. Turns out those fancy guns you've got strapped to that hull took a severe beating from what looked like micro-meteors. I assume you must've been flying through a dust field with your shields down or something, I can't imagine how that happened but it turns out the circuitry inside is completely fried!

Fortunately for you, my team and I are rather good at our jobs and what we've done is completely replace the electronics inside the turrets and even replaced the exterior hull plating with something that is hopefully a bit more dust-resistant.

We've run several diagnostic tests and the turrets appear to be in full working order, power drain is within acceptable parameters. We had to recalibrate the targetting array to compensate for the turrets as whoever calibrated it before was /completely/ out, Its a wonder you could hit anything!

I hope everything is satisfactory and you're welcome to return within seven days should anything else be amiss.

EFL thanks you for using our expedited repair service.

Gaston Dubois,
Engineer, Briancon Station
EFL S.P.A.

[Image: EFL-v3.png]
Transmission Ends