Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Last wills.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Somewhere in this western Hemishpere Planet Malta, Omicron Alpha
09/22/821 AS, 19:40

The sun had just begun to set on Malta as hordes of local wildlife were beginning to travel across the most dangerous part of their little voyage. Four-legged creatures similar to Moose gathering by the dozens to move across the open plains - hoping to save them from any lurking predators.

Only these weren't the average predators.

Lying on the hills at the edge of the plains were two predators, human, one older, and with much more experience; the other - much younger and aspiring to be like the other. The younger one laid behind a rifle, training down on one of the dozens of animals crossing the plain. She was as relaxed as she could be, concentrating on making this one shot count. Fearing her silence was hesitation, the man spotting next to her decided to speak up with a tone barely louder than a whisper. Remember, pull the trigger as you exhale. Don't force your breathing, breathe as you would normally-. The sound of a round leaving the rifle almost startled the seasoned Sicario, Ezio hadn't been shaken from a gunshot in decades. A little girl though, specifically his own - she caught him off guard with every action. Santa mierda padre, I got it! She said with excitement before looking back down the scope to confirm the animal went down. You really are my daughter huh? Ezio said, looking over at her with a smile on his face. Pfft. Just you wait old man, soon I'll be running the house. She replied with both a snarky and sarcastic tone. Hmm, well, maybe you can start helping me pay for it while I'm gone if you're so eager to be the boss. Ezio said as he turned back towards the plains and looked through his binoculars. Only if you let me go on a mission with you. Ezio remained silent for a second, still scanning the area with his binoculars. His answer - for the time being - was set in stone, but he also genuinely feared for his daughter. Matilda looked up to him in every way possible, but the Sicario title had rarely been worn on someone for as long as it had on Ezio. Some retire...

Most are retired.

Let's go get our dinner, you've got a flight lesson tomorrow. Can't be missing out on sleep. Ezio responded finally. Matilda held a blank expression for a second, knowing it bothered Ezio a little. Still, she was happy about her shot, and with the coming flight time tomorrow; the blank expression quickly turned back to a smile as she stood up and followed Ezio down onto the plain. With her rifle in hand, she ran for a second to catch up to Ezio before zoning out at the young night sky.

The green nebulae and black hole past Corsica could be seen in the sky, each night on Malta was a sight to behold. It was warm, calming, and beautiful. Matilda was taken away by the sight, staring out into space as she continued down next to Ezio. Time seemed to elude her though, as the sound of the animal struggling snuck up on her quickly. She thought that by the time they arrived it would certainly be dead. The sight of it struggling made her hesitate a little at first. Ezio walked over next to it and knelt, examining the entry point of the round and checking to see if there was an exit point that they could see in the position it was lying. Come here. Ezio said with a hand gesture, standing back up as he did. Matilda walked over slowly towards Ezio, keeping her eyes on the struggling animal. You need to put it down. Never leave or take an animal when it's like this. Matilda, took a few deep breathes before finally pointing the rifle at the animal's head and firing another round - the struggling stopped just after.

How do you feel? Ezio asked once she lowered the rifle. I see what you mean, but... I still want to train. I at least want to know what you know. You know you have to teach me sometime. The two glanced at each other in silence for another moment. Ezio nodded to himself slightly, taking one deep breath before finally breaking the silence again. Just promise me you won't ditch the art career. Capiche?

Capiche.

[Image: 4eZv3c5.png]

Aquila Estate Planet Malta, Omicron Alpha
07/29/827 AS, 17:12

The sound of footsteps downstairs was like a thorn in the young Maltesian's side. Matilda had a hard time falling asleep as it was, anything out of place just stacked on the already difficult task. She was still young by a Maltesian's standard, Cardamine made every stage of life nearly twice as long. So what seemed like a 20-year-old woman trying to pass out in bed was no different than trying to put a 7-year-old to sleep - near impossible with any disturbance.

Curious, Matilda spun out of bed, slipping on some flip flops and walked slowly downstairs as to not catch Ezio off guard. The two had some disagreements over the years since that night out in the field, but Matilda was mature enough to realize both that Ezio cared very much about her safety - and that children were a rare sight on Malta. Anticipating her discovery to be her father launching on another mission, Matilda decided to keep on creeping down to find out what it was all about.

Her footsteps didn't make much noise, but she was still loud enough to alert Ezio. He didn't panic or turn around, he just continued as he was.

Sorry. He said as he finished assembling one of the rifles. He added some mods to the original design, it didn't look like his though. I'll be done with this in just a bit.

You uh... You leaving again? Matilda said as she reached the floor, spinning halfway around the railing with one hand on the end.

Si. He replied, clearing the weapon and stacking it against the table where he was changing it. He kept glancing at it for a second before he faced Matilda.

How long will you be gone for? She said folding her arms, leaning against the railing.

Not long, should be back by tomorrow. It's local. Matilda started eyeing different directions in response, eventually looking down and shaking her head a bit before responding. Look I know... I know you don't think I can do this but... I need your help this time. Ezio said cutting her off. Matilda froze in response for a second, eventually turning her attention over to the rifle next to Ezio. It's mine, isn't it? She said, glancing back at Ezio to receive a small nod. So is this. Ezio tossed her a small metal object, it was a handle with a sturdy blade attached, around the edges were small little grooves, but they weren't at the edge. Turn it on. Ezio said, making a hand gesture for pressing the button as he did. Matilda examined it a little further before pressing the button. The edge of the blade lit up, it resembled something of a thermal blade. Matilda smirked a bit and looked back at Ezio as she waved the blade around for a second. It should be... simple. But I may need your help. Matilda was taken back by Ezio's request, finally, after all these years he gave her the opportunity she had learned to ignore.

When do we leave? She replied.

Your armor and arsenal are in the armory. I have to finish some things here, and then I'll prepare both our ships.