Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: -> Olivia Sable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
You have 1 new message(s):

Subject: Re: Social call

Yeah, yeah, sure. I'm a big hypocrite. Just like the vast majority of people out here. Just like you. But hey, I'm glad you managed to muster something akin to gratitude. Personal growth is important and I'm very proud of you.

It's a shame the girl's chosen to go down that dark, dusty path of becoming one of you. But I guess it's better than dwelling on that dump of a planet any longer, at least as long as she doesn't get killed or, worse, arrested. Not much you can do about it. It's not like your little movement can afford to turn away manpower, not from what I've seen.

As for politics, for once I'll have to agree with you.

Greet Liberty for me. Spending any amount of time in the Omegas makes even that dumpster fire seem like a nice place to be.

[Image: FdrOzSY.png]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Signal source: Free Republic relay, Liberty
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: IQXG0l1.gif]

Sender: Alliance Commander "Cobra"
Recipient: Olivia
Subject: Social call

There's never anything pleasant about the truth, especially when the ideals you believed in are proved false or discarded by opportunists.

The quartermaster where I currently am has told me that she's put in a requisition request for prosthetic limbs. Being stuffed into a barrel has rendered her far from mobile and she can't fly a ship in her current state. I admire her determination to fight, but I don't find her lack of preparation for the struggle that is our cause a wise thing.

All the perseverance of a spider, guess I'll name her after one.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

☠ Transmission signal lost.

Maybe consider starting her off with some paperwork. Or maybe as a deckhand if she wants to be physical. Not that I could recommend the latter, given the probably questionable quality of the prosthetics. Either way, send someone like her out into space in her condition and you may as well have left her with Pedro. And I'm sure you're not the kind of man to let his hard work go to waste like that.

And if she does end up going to space, just remind her that if she ever runs into me, she should keep her fingers off the triggers. Hell, that goes for all of your 'compatriots.'

☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

I can't stop her from earning her wings, that's not the kind of movement we are. I might have significant influence, but my leadership works on the basis of respect, not authority. In practice, you'll find I holster very little and never dictate anything. I can't say the same for our enemies.

You've been somewhat helpful though, so I'll consider it.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

I'm surprised the Xenos manage to maintain any sort of cohesion at all, what with all the different cells and complete lack of competent leadership. But I guess it's the 'dream' holding it all together, right?

Consideration is the most I can ask from you, I guess. I'm used to low expectations at this point.

And speaking of your enemies, what are things like in Liberty these days, anyway? Authorities still incompetent yet somehow able to maintain some modicum of law and order?

☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

Nothing's changed here, never does.

Don't be surprised by how decentralized our system is, that's all very necessary. We're a scattered people fighting innumerable foes within the most well armed House in Sirius. By nature, that requires a degree of flexibility. But that isn't to say that our group operates like this, at least not exactly. All the same, we elect our leaders on the basis of their accomplishments, we don't promote incompetency like the Government.

And of course the authorities are still too incompetent to adequately maintain law and order, not only that, but they're too corrupt to even want to do it. But you already know that. I'm sure you'll dismiss me asking this, but I'm still curious.

What are you in the Omegas for?

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

Well, as long as the authorities remain as competent as a Rogue chugging sweetened MOX, there'll be work for people like me. And that sounds just fine. But honestly, if they're so unable and unwilling to uphold order, why haven't you made more progress? You'd think a group as motivated and determined as your Xenos would just steamroll right over those clowns in the LPI and Navy. Especially considering the rumors I've heard about people in the upper class being not disinclined to aid your cause.

But hey, what would I know? I'm just a merc with no horse in this race.

As for what I'm in this hellhole of a region for, it's personal business. Not something you'd find interesting.

Have I ever mentioned that I hate the Omegas?

☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

Things are never as simple as they seem.

There's more to our struggle than what you, an observer from the outside, have been able to bear witness to. The Government may be an assortment of greedy cowards, but the forces that serve them are well equipped and well funded. If it were so easy to topple them, somebody would have done it already. Instead, what exists is a stalemate. Liberty can never have perfect law and order because they can never keep everything in check all at once, let alone balance internal stability with their recent inclination towards expansion.

This is an important moment in history, because it'll be the first time Liberty is split between its grand pursuit of opulence, and unrest on the home front. And the decisions they make, from this point onward, will make or break them. The reason we've never made any serious headway over the centuries that this cause has existed, is because this is the first time we've had the kind of circumstances to allow for it. Whether or not anything overtly tangible comes of it, well, we'll see.

And yes, you did mention that the Omegas were bad enough to make Liberty seem pleasant. But you should keep in mind that if I took the time to ask you a specific question, then I was obviously interested enough to do so. All the same, I'll take your vague deflection as an answer.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

Let me just put it like this. A mutual acquaintance of ours got away and is lurking somewhere down here. And I don't need any snide remarks about it.

☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

You had one job, Olivia..

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"