Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: 5th Fleet Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

*** INCOMING TRANSMISSION ***

COMM ID: Commander Lucius Hopkins
RECIPIENT: 5th Fleet Command, LIBCENTCOM
SUBJECT: Potential Liberty Assault BattleCruiser Command
ENCRYPTION: BRAVO

Message Decrypt – Y/N

Y

Authentication Check: Positive

WORKING...

VIDEO UPLINK: OFFLINE
[Image: Webp-net-resizeimage-8.jpg]

MESSAGE READS

Good day Command,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the trust you have placed in me. I will ensure that I live up to your expectations.

I have been forwarded a message from the 5th Quartermasters office in relation to available 'Interdictor' class Battle Cruiser commands currently within the wider Liberty Navy. There is one option that has caught my interest. The LNS-Vindictive is a ship where both the Commanding and Executive officers are due to retire. They are currently over service time and the vessel has been pulled off of the front line until a replacement CO can be found.

The vessel, being a craft which was commissioned over a decade ago which has not seen major refit in its tenure , is not fully up to standard in several areas and would require refits to the scanner systems, armour suite and fire control systems to bring it to 5th fleet standards, as well as general checks at a shipyard on the power core and drive systems before it is returned to full service. Given my previous roles as a ships technician I would find executing this refit to be an interesting challenge. Also I would hate to see a good ship be sent to pasture when it is not necessary.

With commands approval I will request that the quartermaster file the necessary paperwork to begin transfer of the vessel to 5th fleet service.

With Regards,

Commander Lucius Hopkins

ATTACHED FILES

NONE

*** TRANSMISSION TERMINATED ***

----:[Incoming Transmission...

[Image: wnJaQQS.jpg]

[Image: Ld3C8nx.png]

[Communications ID: Commodore Shepard
Liberty Navy 5th Fleet

[Recipient ID: Commander Lucius Hopkins
5th Liberty Navy

[Subject: LABC Command

[Priority: [Omega - Very High]
[Encryption: [Omega-1V - Unbreakable]

Evening Commander,

Your request has been received and is approved. I want everything documented and sent to my office on Juneau for review. We expect good things from you Commander so dont waste this opportunity to showcase your skills. Good luck.

Attachments:

Regards,
Commodore Alice Shepard
Liberty Navy 5th Fleet
L.N.S. Vermont Commanding

......Transmission Terminated]-----

COMM ID: Commander Lucius Hopkins
RECIPIENT: 5th Fleet Command, LIBCENTCOM
SUBJECT: LNS-Vindictive Update

Message Decrypt – Y/N

Y

WORKING...

MESSAGE READS

Good day Command,

I am contacting you to confirm that the Vindictive is now ready for action. During its shakedown it has been tested against several hostile craft and has been able to hold up well against these hostiles even given it's age. The majority of the systems are now functional.

However, I am contacting command to confirm how I would get access to special weapons packages, such as a Jump Drive or Cloak Disruptor. And, which equipment would be most useful for the fleet. The Vindictive's hangar is also still inoperative and will need special parts to complete repairs according to Norfolk.

Please see attached a link to the Vindictive's operational report logs which detail the repairs and refit works that have been undertaken.

[Image: 113cbb7e5d67b92ef404413c3110d9cd5f-3.png]

[Image: Webp-net-resizeimage-7.png]

Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet
Incoming Transmission

SENDER: Captain Christopher Edwards
RECIPIENT: Commander Lucius Hopkins
ENCRYPTION: Omega
SUBJECT: Requested Upgrades
PRIORITY: Unspecified

Beginning Video Feed

Good day Hopkins,

It was pleasing to see your name pop up in my screen, Commander. You are one of the more trusted members of the Fifth Fleet, especially to me. I am glad to hear that the Vindictive has managed to hold up against everything that has been thrown at it. Looking at your report history however I failed to see any mentions of the Vindictive taking part in combat, which I'll get back to in due time.

Command approves of the packages you wish to receive for the Vindictive, installation of which will be done specifically on Juneau Shipyard. The shipyard's traffic control has been informed to await for Vindictive's arrival. Proceed to Juneau at your earliest convenience, control will inform you of the dry-dock in which the Vindictive will be docked in.

In light of the lack of reports mentioning the Vindictive, I would like to personally oversee her performance in combat after the desired upgrades have been completed and have thus decided to move you under my wing, Commander Hopkins. From now on, you will be reporting directly to me.

With regards.

Captain Christopher Edwards
Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet

Concluding Video Feed

Attachments:
None required.

COMM ID: Captain Lucius Hopkins
RECIPIENT: Commodore Christopher Edwards
SUBJECT: RE: Requested Upgrades

Message Decrypt – Y/N

Y

WORKING...

MESSAGE READS

Good day Command,

Good day Commodore,

I confirm receipt of message in regards to your orders and confirm that the Vindictive is now under the command of your task-force. The Vindictive is currently moored at the Norfolk shipyard so a flight to Juneau shouldn't be a problem. However, after having a word with the engineering team at Juneau I've been informed that it could take some time for the upgrades to be completed. They have suggested that they could do all the prep work on the components before the Vindictive arrives to reduce downtime which would leave the Vindictive in a position to assist in New York while awaiting the upgrades.

As such I would like to request that the Vindictive remain on station in New York until I receive word from the engineering team that the upgrades are prepared and ready for installation.

With Regards,

Captain Lucius Hopkins, Commanding Officer - LNS Vindictive

ATTACHED FILES

NONE

[Image: 113cbb7e5d67b92ef404413c3110d9cd5f-3.png]

Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet
Incoming Transmission

SENDER: Commodore Christopher Edwards
RECIPIENT: Captain Lucius Hopkins
ENCRYPTION: Omega
SUBJECT: Requested Upgrades
PRIORITY: Unspecified

Beginning Video Feed

Good day Hopkins,

Before diving into the subject of your communication, I'd like to officially congratulate you on your most recent promotion. It's a pleasure to see such dedicated members climbing the ranks of the fleet, Captain.

Getting back to the matter in hand now, your request in keeping the Vindictive at New York is accepted, Captain Hopkins. You'll be working with me mainly in LIBCENTCOM, keeping a close eye on LIBGUARDCOM and LIBWESTCOM. Things in Omicron Nu and Cortez have been rather silent as of late, but an event that took place in Nu yesterday was reason enough for us to remember that we have to always keep our eyes open. The Akhetaten had to jump a small fleet straight to Nu in order to deal with an Outcast infestation.

I'm hoping to see the Vindictive in action soon, Captain.

With regards.

Commodore Christopher Edwards
Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet

Concluding Video Feed

Attachments:
None required.