Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO: Sakai Takumi, Kusari Government | FROM: Jonathan Seabourne, OS&C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

- - - - Incoming Transmission - - - -

[Image: Titanic-Second-Officer-Charles-Lightoller.jpg]

ID: Jonathan Seabourne

To: Sakai Takumi, Kusari Ambassador in Liberty

Subject: Recent Hostilities

Greetings Ambassador,

My name is Captain Jonathan Seabourne of the Orbital Liner Breezewood. I also speak on behalf of Orbital Spa and Cruise as chairman of her board of directors. As a native of Pittsburgh, I was privy to a recent troubling communication that was broadcast to all of Liberty. My understanding is that the Reformed Imperial government has since condemned the words of this officer as those of an impostor, which was most welcome news for my company and, I am sure, for the sector as a whole.

I did wish to use this opportunity to reach out to the Kusari government about the impact of the war on the hospitality industry. Obviously, it is not my place to question the judgement of the Kusari government and military as to the proper way to secure her interests, but I hope a few humble words might steer the course of the Reformed Empire's might as to spare unnecessary collateral damage to my company. Recently, Orbital has established a station in Ile-de-France, the Riviera Resort. As your fleets continue to push into the heart of Gallic space, I worry about our most recent venture being caught in the crossfire, and I hope you as one of our most trusted partner houses will spare the facility and the ships needed to supply it.

Lastly, our counterparts in Gallia, Ile de France shipping, maintain several luxury liners of their own, most notably Antibes in Provence and Belleville in Lorraine. Their unintentional destruction, aside from giving the Confederals a propaganda coup with which to slander the good name of the honorable Kusari military, would have a ripple effect on our own business. Anything that raises concerns about the security of passenger interstellar flight affects our bookings, and I ask that Kusari make a concerted effort, if practicable, to spare the liners and the passengers and crew aboard. Surely the empire can show more mercy to Belleville than the Royalists showed to Curacao during the war.

I know that war is always challenging and that placing more constraints never makes such fights easier. If there is anything Orbital can do to lessen the human impact of the war, you have but to ask.

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood
Director, White Star Lines Division
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Orbital Spa and Cruise

> > > > Closing Transmission < < < <

[Image: PojtqNs.png]
OS&C|Breezewood
Where Angels Fear to Tread
[Image: X04Ng2q.png]
Kusari Embassy, Civic District, Planet Manhattan - 827 A.S.

[Image: 966.jpg]
Kusari Ambassador in Liberty - Sakai Takumi

To Captain Seabourne,

This communication was indeed troublesome and we cannot exclude the possibility that actions follow their words. While surely Liberty's Forces will be capable to defend your operations, I advise you to be cautious at the border between Liberty and Kusari for the time being.

I had to request insight on Foreign Affairs matters to answer your question but luckily they are working relatively swift today.
The Luxury Liners owned by Ile-de-France were left untouched in accordance with efforts trying to keep civilian casualties to an absolute minimum. Occupied or disabled stations were granted the required time to evacuate.

There is no regulation speaking against the services of OS&C still being offered in Gallic space.
This means, your operation are - generally spoken - not endangered for as long as you avoid getting into the middle of a battle and thus directly into the crossfire. Your Resort in the Ile-de-France system is not going to be a target too and operations around it can continue as normal.

I hope that helps you, Captain.

With kind regards,
Sakai Takumi,
Kusari Ambassador in Liberty