Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: IE| – The Iberian Empire – Message Dump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Code:
[indent][indent][align=justify][font=Open Sans][color=#fae47b]
[float=left][img]LINK[/img][/float]
[align=right][font=Cinzel][size=x-large][color=#FFFFFF][b]Incoming Message[/b][/color][/size][/font][/align]
[hrc]#444444[/hrc]
[float=right][url=https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=182960][img]https://i.imgur.com/fhdTA8m.png[/img][/url][/float]

[color=#FEFEFE][b]Sender:[/b][/color] Text

[color=#FEFEFE][b]Recipient:[/b][/color] Text

[color=#FEFEFE][b]Subject:[/b][/color] Text

[hrc]#444444[/hrc]

[indent]Appealing,

Text[/indent]

[hrc]#444444[/hrc]
[align=right][color=#A2A2A2]End of Message[/color][/align]
[/color][/font][/align][/indent][/indent]

[Image: Y5h7Cmn.png]
Incoming Message

[Image: fhdTA8m.png]

Sender: Adrian Seth

Recipient: Iberian Empire Reporting Centre

Subject: Shedding blood for the King

In the name of our King,

I personally participated in two operations against our bitterest of enemies and of course the childishly delusional zoners. In the case of the former, our strike formation launched a surgical strike straight into Omicron Delta, where our infamous rivals are no doubt fraternizing with the Core. They were not prepared for such a sudden arrival, and as a result fell quickly.

For the latter, I witnessed a Zoner "Nephilim" class colony ship wander through Omicron Gamma, our Home. Without so much as a request for passage. Unacceptable. All hands on board went down with the ship, I restricted my aim so as to leave a carcass for future trespassers to take note of. Disrespect leads to death.

End of Message

[Image: LsuW87w.png]
Incoming Message

Sender: Eduardo Guzman

Subject: Blood and Chrome

Amigoes,

The so-called Artificial Intelligence from planet Gammu, what is in Omicron Kappa, for long was a pain in the ass for us, the Corsairs. Their ships don't pay or either carry any supplies that humans could use. We could, you know, ignore them – if not some of the toasters are attacking our ships with the provision, slaves and artifacts.

[Image: nNitke9.png]

It's time to give them a lesson and increase the security of our routes. There is an orbital depot deployed by AI near planet Gammu. If we want to reduce the number of their ships flying – it's a necessity to destroy this installation.

End of Message

Incoming Message

Subject: Third parties

Summary of investigation.

Through some mild coercion, a group of Junkers under the identifier of FTP revealed to me that they maintain a station in Omega 55. While they claim to be "avid" supporters of the Corsairs, they are still very much outsiders. If they have managed to weed their way into a system that we know our enemies occupy, then there is a possibility that they are fraternizing with them for such freedoms.

The King's orders so far are clear, they will be exempt from tax so long as they are buying product from Crete or bringing items of value to it. I will remain attentive to the activities of these shady scrappers. They have not earned their wealth through loyalty as they claim, that much is certain.

End of Message

[Image: tTsMtxD.png]
Incoming Message

Sender: Medina Almagro

Subject: Lost transport

Estimados compañeros,

While on a routine flight in the infamous Omega-5 Hemmen Hole, my scanners catched what it seemed to be a transport near the Ronneburg Base... By the way, base looks a little bit empty. For my surprise it was an Outcast transport, after I managed to disrupt his engines, I was ready to end his journey right there but I could feel the fear through his voice. So, for a matter of respect towards our intimate enemies I've spared his life for a considirable ammount of credits, that I am ready to transfer to our bank. He has been warned, It could be considered as a one time courtesy. Next time I won't be that kind.

Sincerely
Sebastian Medina Almagro

End of Message

Incoming Message

Subject: Third parties - Follow-up

I have verified the installation's location that I was provided with by the Junkers.

It resides at these coordinates in the system of Omega-55, no doubt relying on either secrecy or some form of an arrangement with the system's present occupants. The Junkers themselves also maintain a depot, as well as a nonfunctional pair of docking rings in the same system. Evidently the scrappers have big plans so far as a presence in the system is concerned.

I remain confident that further coercion will yield the respect necessary from these "avid" supporters of Crete. But the ultimate decision of how to handle potential miscreants remains with the King, we cannot allow our sphere of influence to be encircled.

End of Message

[Image: LsuW87w.png]
Incoming Message

Sender: Eduardo Guzman

Subject: Operation Chatarreria [COMPLETE]

Warlord Guzman is reporting about the result of operation Chatarreria.

[Image: 71T0W6u.png]

Their failure was predictable – this hive is no more. Of course, Artificial Intelligence has no emotions, but following simple logic, their kind should realize this pathetic place they hold on the map nowadays.

It is surprising that the Council of Elders actually tried to back up the right to exist of these toasters. They have no valuable exports, or economy whatsoever. They cannot contribute food for Crete or the money that we can buy food with. They are just pests in our neighbourhood and should be eliminated. This siege will be a lesson to them, and a motivation to go further away from our space.

Despite our victory being important as proof of our might and King's strength, it's not the most crucial thing that will have a place in my report.

First of all – the Order.

I don't know much about what is the grudge between us. After all, I was not involved in politics and not going to be.

[Image: Mti08A5.png]
United Corsair and Order forces took down the Auxesian warship

During one of the first raids, we had to face the so-called Auxesia: a group of toaster sympathizers, that were involved in defence of the AI lair. They were the most active defenders: appearing out of nowhere and committed strikes on our capital ships, then disappearing or, if were not so lucky, died from guns of our fighters and larger vessels.

The Order patrol appeared prior to one of such skirmishes to start and helped to save a few more lives of our people. Then, until the siege ended, we could enjoy additional firepower against both Nomads and Auxesia or those who dared to fight alongside these beings.

Although it was a pleasant surprise to get a helpful hand in the moment of need, they most likely will demand something in return from us. Therefore, the decision made in the heat of a battle is not leading to our permanent stance toward them yet. They may be a valuable ally against the Core and Nomad forces in Omicrons, but only if the King allows. We will be patiently waiting for His Majesty's decision regarding our relations with the Order.

[Image: zmWD6Uv.png]
Auxesian ship was spotted peacefully accompanied by Nomads

Secondly, it was amusing to observe how Nomad ships ignored Auxesian vessels and went directly to us. This makes us think the semi-toasters may be either in some cooperation with the Nomads and Artificial Intelligence, perhaps serving as a middle node in their relations, or to exploit unknown technology that "blinds" Nomads.

The first option is preferable as many times aliens and cyborgs had been working like teaming up and synchronizing their attacks against us and the Order. However, only further analysis may find the truth.

[Image: 9Aa5SXG.png]
"The Machine's node shut down"

Nevertheless, the assault is over – the Machines lair is no more. We will bury the dead and celebrate our victory after. Meanwhile, send the salvagers to collect the loot remained after the station collapsed. Perhaps we may find something valuable there.

Also, make sure that videos and other visual evidence of our might leaked to NeuralNet. It should fear people, as they have to bow before the Empire and its Emperor, not laugh over it.

End of Message

[Image: tTsMtxD.png]
Incoming Message

Sender: Medina Almagro

Subject: Neighbor system

Estimados compañeros,

Hola, I was flying back home from Omega-41 and I found this strange and unhabited depot, we could use this as a forward outpost in Omega-55... I just can't believe how many enemies we have just at the gates of Gamma. Furthermore I spotted one of our ship wrecks near one of the system stars, is within the sun corona, it belonged to a Benitez family member.

Sincerely
Sebastian Medina Almagro
Iberian Empire

End of Message

[Image: mjFIeX1.gif]
Incoming Message

Sender: El Rey de Montañaria, Enrique Herrera

Recipient: La gente del Reino

Subject: Encouragement for action

Mis súbditos y guerreros,

I wish to let you know that your efforts have not gone unnoticed and the court, including me personally, keeps track of your achievements. I must admit, I am very pleased. Now, before you get too soft of appraisal, there is two matters to be brought up.

Firstly, the pesky junkers in Omega 55. They finally refused to submit, to my simultaneous disappointment and thrill. Now we can bring down their junk. So I hereby command Warlord Guzman to issue the declaration of siege in our name to teach them a lesson. They shall submit or persih.

Secondly, there are some movements in Sigma 17. The nature thereof is yet unclear, but our scouts report various factions amassing their forces there. Because the system is only one jump away from our space of Omicron Theta, it is imperative we ensure the interests of the Kingdom and the Empire are preserved. This said, we are to deploy a few combat wings with the cover of battleships to investigate and make a stand if necessary. Expect the Outcasts, GMG, Samura, and whatnot. There are indicators that the forces of other Corsairs will be present as well, perhpas aiming at taking the planet of Kurile. Strategically far less important than Pygar or Skagen, it is still better in our hands than belonging to some extranjeros.

The orders are clear. Act.

King Enrique

End of Message

[Image: oA2k1q3.png]
Incoming Message

Sender: Jorge Santana

Subject: Keep Your Guns Close…

Señores y Señoritas,

During our short and purposeless alliance with the Alster Union, we had a unique opportunity to research undamaged pieces of Rheinland technology. Such is rare as Rheinlanders usually don't surrender – so we have to burn them to the ground for further research.

As their ancestors from old Terra, they prefer huge ships and deadly, slow-firing cannons. Maybe this is the way to compensate for the small size of their cojones, who knows. Anyway, they are indeed skilled engineers and their equipment worth of attention. Especially their capital ships weapon, such as Schwerer Gustav and Sledge cannons.

The first one is developed for a siege. A heavy, unwieldy, slow-firing weapon is the answer to the problem of heavily fortified stations. We could get very few damaged samples of this weaponry but until now were not able to make at least one working. It is a true siege weapon, almost useless against any moving target, but its ability to tear down fortifications is unparalleled. We used damaged samples we salvaged and a few working samples we procured from the Unioners in the past to make our own version of this significant weaponry. And we succeed in this attempt.

Allow me to introduce a new word in raiding: La Gran Berta-class siege cannon. Following the Schwerer Gustav's design, we added regularly for the Corsairs elements to the schemes, increasing power output and durability to the gun itself.

[Image: 8KfSWq4.png]
La Gran Berta-class siege cannon schematics

La Gran Berta-class cannons hurl balls of heated to extremes plasma. Because of high even by plasma weapon standards temperatures, the plasma trap chamber overheats fast, reducing the rate of fire and increasing energy consumption. At the same time, it decreases the magnetic lock efficiency of the chamber, decreasing the accuracy of the plasma thrown. This, however, is compensated by the colossal firepower of the weapon that melts with ease even the most durable alloys. No wonder this weapon remained a prototype: hard in handling and expensive to produce, it was much more reasonable to use regular plasma weaponry. The Aiming-assisting module allows to correct projectile trajectory even on significant (as for this weapon) distance, increasing the chance of a successful hit.

However, cannons fully justify their drawbacks if used against a stationary target or in close range. In such situations, I do not envy the adversary.

Field tests showed the following technical characteristics for La Gran Berta-class cannons.

Projectile decay range Projectile speed Refire rate
3000m 200m/s 0.5s/s

Our production facility in Cordova-de-Montanaria on Crete prepared a few units of them for use in military purposes. Should you need more - just order them. After all, we know now how to craft them and what is required for it. No more need to contact third parties or ask Unioners to sell us a few more.

End of Message
Pages: 1 2 3