Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Omicron Nu Exploration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

- - - - Incoming Transmission - - - -

[Image: Titanic-Second-Officer-Charles-Lightoller.jpg]

ID: Jonathan Seabourne

To: Triton Expeditions, Spa-SEC

Subject: Exploration of Omicron Nu

Greetings friends,

I've heard a lot of crazy rumors about new opportunities in the Omicrons, and I'd like to centralize everything we find out about it one place. I appreciate continuing to post narratives to the comm channel, but this is a place for shorter intel reports. Think of the comm channel as answering how you learned all this stuff, and this channel is for what you learned. In particular, I'd like to know more about the following market opportunities for Orbital in the Omicrons:

1) Exploration of Omicron Nu. What are it's entries and exits, what are its possible attractions
2) Procurement of "exotic antiques" and analyzing possible market opportunities for our exotic procurements department
3) Major players in the sector. We already know the Liberty Navy is making a strong push with its supergate. Who else is going to be out there trying to stop them. I've also heard rumors of a new Outworlder Assembly, and some other faction whose name I don't even know, let alone their intentions. Ideally we need to know who's who, and if possible, make some contacts.

If we know how to get in and out of the system, what it has to offer, and who's making a claim there, then we should be set up to analyze what our next steps should be in market expansion. Godspeed.

Regards,
Jonathan Seabourne
Captain, OS&C|Breezewood
Director, White Star Lines Division
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Orbital Spa and Cruise

> > > > Closing Transmission < < < <

[Image: PojtqNs.png]
OS&C|Breezewood
Where Angels Fear to Tread

-- Incoming Message --
-- Begin Feed --
* ID: Dylan Griffiths
* Duty Station: First Mate

Signal coding complete
Message Beginning:

\Begin Message/

Morning,

I have a minor report on these new Outworlder Assembly folks. Seems like they are just a more organized offshoot of the main zoner collective. I haven't spoken to anyone officially, but I can tell you they have claimed the entirety of the Theta system already. Freeport 9, Corfu Base, even Planet Pygar have all joined this new affiliated group.

Its just speculation on my part, but I believe these zoners are finally organizing under a single banner, similar to how we saw the TAZ reworked their IFF scanners to better allow their control over Baffin. Whether this new "Outworlders" have the collective might to actually stand up to any of the major players in the sector remains to be seen. The ol' man is still alseep but I went ahead and looked up our contact on Freeport 9 in the meantime to see if we can get further information.

~First Mate Griffiths

\End Message/

End File
-- Feed Terminated --
-- Secondary data log saved --

-- Incoming Message --
-- Begin Feed --
* ID: Dylan Griffiths
* Duty Station: First Mate

Signal coding complete
Message Beginning:

\Begin Message/

Morning,

Omicron Nu has certainly lived up to its expectations. And the Liberty Governments inability to present a unified front in any capacity will undoubtedly lead to issues down the line. To get to the point, Sam, Falkner, and I entered Nu for your exploration request. While we were able to gather some information on the system, a full report of which will come at a later time. I do have to warn you in advance that the LSF took issue with us being in the system, despite receiving warm welcomes from the Liberty Navy, and even shockingly enough an information bounty payout from LPI.

Cait of course has already reached out to the LSF, although with both the Liberty Navy and Liberty Police Forces allowing us passage in the system and the LSF not it is anyone's guess as to if we actually broke any laws or not. Especially in light of the referenced Memo which I have just been having a terrible time finding, likely because I'm not a bureaucrat. At any rate I'll have our survey report done shortly, at least for the portion I was present for. But its not looking like this will be a viable area of expansion, especially if the Liberty Forces as a whole aren't even sure of their own regulations.

Finally the Freeport 9 administrator replied to me. It appears that they are still undergoing a "transition period" regarding these outerworlders, and are unable to comment further.

~First Mate Griffiths

\End Message/

End File
-- Feed Terminated --
-- Secondary data log saved --