Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Natio Octavarium \\ From: Donna Enma
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: u4TZC4t.png]

Greetings.

As you surely aware by now our the Outcast forces are in the middle of operation against the Cryter in Tau-44 system. It is important that you understand that there is an absolute consensus among the Dons on that matter so our forces in system are-- substantial. Carrier Hades have invaded our space few years back and such cannot be forgotten or forgiven. It is currently set for destruction. There will be no mercy for those who will stand beside them, as you understand. It is not in your best interests to stay in our way.

This will not take a long time, and after CR will take damage in the system, I personally believe that NO could play a bigger role. Tau-44 might become a huge cardamine hub, taking into account rather-- warm relationships between Malta and NO I believe we can have a lot of common ground in future configuration. Please share your thought and I will consilt with my friends from Imperial Coalition.

- Loyola

[ Incoming Transmission ]

Identification: Taskmaster Weaver
Affiliation: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

To: Enma Loyola

Subject: The Tau-44 Situation
Encryption: Oh my, yes.

We are indeed aware of your... sizable presence in the system.

Legally speaking, of course, we are obligated to assist Crayter in matters of defense, and this is an obligation some among us are loathe to go back on. They were a great aid to us during the Gallic invasion, after all. But, as I said, we are aware of your fleets. And I'm sure Crayter is aware of the extent of ours... two cruisers, a few refitted transports, and a number of patrol cutters and corvettes.

While we have a legal obligation to aid Crayter, we have a greater obligation to see to our own people. This all comes rather quickly, and some discussion will be necessary, but I have recommended a purely defensive stance. Our vessels will stand guard over Canberra and Kwinana, and we will accept any displaced refugees, but more active involvement wouldn't be strategically sound.

There may soon be input from the Fleet, but this is the Commission stance.

Weaver
Octavarium Intelligence Commission

[ Transmission Ended ]

I am glad to hear it, mister Weaver. I personally do not believe in any "legal" sheets of paper and prefer real politics. Since you have mentioned gallic royalists, rest assured that we are nothing like them. Our concern is high repesct to our people, security of our homespace and safety of our traffic. Sadly for them, CR have repeatedly failed on these and you, as of now, are on the right side of history.

I will make sure that your words are delievered to right people and lets hope we will avoid the incidents between us.

I will gladly listen to everything your officials have to say. As I stated before I believe that NO can be the right people to "fill the gaps" in system after operation is concluded.

- Loyola

[Image: Kane-NO-Adjutant.png]

Identification: Taskmaster-Adjutant Harold Kane
Affiliation: Natio Octavarium, Fourth Fleet

To: Enma Loyola, Malta

Subject: RE: The Tau-44 Situation
Encryption: Thorough

Donna Enma,

It has been far too long since we last heard from Malta. I am glad to know that relations between our two nations are still cordial in nature.

Years ago we were... adopted under duress by Crayter in the wake of the near obliteration of our nation at the hands of the Gallic Royal Navy. At the time they seemed to have calmed down from their roots, and at one point in our negotiations, one of their admirals had even mentioned the possibility of peace with Malta -- a prospect that, because of our historic roots in the cardamine trade, was quite enticing.

Naturally, that admiral later "disappeared" and was memory-holed by their shadowy internal intelligence agency, and their series of replacements began a long, hard descent into chaotic fascism. All we wanted out of them was a relatively safe corner of space in which we could settle our citizens, and what we got was a corner of space that, time and time again, they utterly failed to help us protect.

You are wholly correct; ink on paper means nothing when one of the signatories repeatedly and obstinately refuses to back their pledges in times of need. As a result, it is the view of the Ministry of Relations that, if Crayter fails once again to keep the Tau-44 system secure, and they are forced out by Malta, then so long as Natio Octavarium's civilian assets and citizenry are unharmed in the process, the end state is not an unwelcome one. If we had more fighting men and women and no vulnerable civilians in the system, I'd be right there on the front lines with you commanding the Home Division myself.

While we cannot directly provide military aid to Maltese operations in the system at this time, citizens of Malta may freely resupply, repair, and recuperate on board Canberra Star City. We can also take in any displaced peoples as my colleague from the Commission said. We unfortunately do not have the facilities at Canberra required to anchor capital warships beyond the ones we have stationed for defensive purposes, though if we did, I suspect that a Ranseur resupplying directly from our home station would result in a swift and genocidal act being perpetrated by a Deimos battlegroup.

Hopefully once Crayter is out of the system and away from our civilians we can fight side by side on the front lines once again. For the right side of history, and for the new Tau-44.

Taskmaster-Adjutant Harold Kane
Ministry of Relations, Natio Octavarium

[ Transmission Ended ]

Your position is very clear, mister Kane. We did not really expect your forces to fight for us, mostly because we are more than capable to achieve the operation's goal all on our own. Requesting your assitance was not in our plans. As for the future, we could handle it on case-by-case basis.

I would like to inform you that I have received the confirmation from Imperials that they will commit to our little non-agression agreement. I believe it would make sense to discuss the future once the active phase of our operation is over. I am once again really glad that Natio's leadership is prroving to be reasonable, which secures a lot of ground for future agreements.

Until then, mister Kane. I wish you and your people to stay well and safe.

- Loyola

Hello again. Mind me asking just one question. How does your logistic vessels working for CR war effort aligns with our agreements? I think it all may--- fall apart a little too soon. We really don't like when someone is trying to make a fool of us. If you have got anything to say, you must message it rather sooner than later.

- Loyola

Identification: Taskmaster Weaver
Affiliation: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

To: Enma Loyola

Subject: The Tau-44 Situation
Encryption: Oh my, yes.

There seems to have been a grave miscommunication somewhere along the way. I've already received the report and frankly, I'm not happy about it. It seems some of our captains didn't get the memo.

I assure you, they will.

The damage to our ship was unfortunate, but under the circumstances unavoidable. Hopefully the crew, who thankfully made it to the escape craft, learn from their error. And from the financial penalties that come with noncompliance.

Weaver
Octavarium Intelligence Commission

[ Transmission Ended ]