Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dublin's mining Doldrums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can't help observing that since the POB's were all destroyed in Dublin, there is far less people going there. Goldgeist was a boon to the game, and now that it is gone, along with Eldorado etc, its pretty pathetic population wise. It generated player activity in that system.

I haven't done any mining there since Goldgeist was foolishly destroyed.
In other news, increasing PvE rewards increases interest in PvE.

Come back to us next weekend, for more news from Captain Obvious News!
Contrary to belief, POBs don't actually make activity. They take away activity.
Well I don't trade at all outside of events because PoBs aren't filled for one

no traders = no pirate activity = no pirate activity = no lawful reason to log.

I guess now that smuggling is getting a push to be buffed and it will continue I hope we won't need PoBs, as both unlawfuls and lawfuls can pirate them.
Paddy, aren't you tired of talking about it, eh? Your BOP POB mania becomes apparent. Just stop it, please. What POBs, gosh? PVE has come. Nobody else cares about mining, because it's much less profitable. And I'm not even talking about the fact that it's much easier than freakin mining. Everybody (almost, I guess, ya-ah) will just give a damn about ore POBs and mining until they fix economy.
mining is just very boring - and it was forced on people as the only good money maker before PvE plugin, while being a fringe afterthought in vanilla.

Mining (not hauling per se as that takes WAY less effort) should still be on par with PvE plugin in terms of money making though imo
There are POBs near Dublin JH in New London and they may be filled. It's not a mandatory to drop a POB in 5K from mining field to fill it with ore.
(11-29-2020, 12:16 PM)Groshyr Wrote: [ -> ]There are POBs near Dublin JH in New London and they may be filled. It's not a mandatory to drop a POB in 5K from mining field to fill it with ore.

The issue is how Bretonia is spammed with POBs. I never know which POB in New London might have Gold Ore as a shipper. If there was only one POB for Gold Ore - it would flourish imho.
Well, they tried to cosplay Liberty and build a great wall defence grid
(11-29-2020, 01:26 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2020, 12:16 PM)Groshyr Wrote: [ -> ]There are POBs near Dublin JH in New London and they may be filled. It's not a mandatory to drop a POB in 5K from mining field to fill it with ore.

The issue is how Bretonia is spammed with POBs. I never know which POB in New London might have Gold Ore as a shipper. If there was only one POB for Gold Ore - it would flourish imho.

That same issue is in NY, buying Premium Scrap
Pages: 1 2