Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Capital Ships Rebalance Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(11-29-2020, 10:01 PM)Maltz Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2020, 08:00 PM)Arcana Wrote: [ -> ]Remove NPC's ships bumping and turning you like a leaf all around
Fix this first before screwing up anything else.

+1 to this.
I'm on board with people who think that something has to be done about cap flippage before you can actually do something about them balance-wise.

Snubs having an advantage over caps, such as lack of means to defend themselves, will demotovate people to play caps at all - heavy caps in particular, since those are practically the worst.

And about heavy caps. Val already heard my proposal on EDA discord, but I'll just paste it here. Give heavy caps something to make them menacing. Heavy caps as they are now are just beefy targets with lots of firepower that barely have any means to defend themselves against smaller stuff, medium and light battleships included. And I won't bring up the player's skill, it's completely subjective. What they need is something exclusive only for heavy caps that will make cruisers, battlecruisers and smaller battleships regret entering heavy battleship's effective range.

Also, some destroyers need overhauls for their heavy arcs. And to be exact - Fearless and Gallic Destroyers. already knows what I'm on about, but tl;dr - destroyers should either have their current heavy arcs swapped to one on top and one on the bottom (to make them Typhoon-ish) or they should be turned medium and receive a heavy arc that can protect their blind spots.

Battlecruisers should be just deleted. Battlecruisers were always a crutch and it didn't change ever since the rework. Either that or turn them into light battleships.
its quite funny how all the snub players want to nerf Caps. No bias detected here thats for sure.
(11-30-2020, 01:15 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]its quite funny how all the snub players want to nerf Caps. No bias detected here thats for sure.

Please keep things constructive, thank you.
(11-30-2020, 01:24 AM)SquigglyKey Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2020, 01:15 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]its quite funny how all the snub players want to nerf Caps. No bias detected here thats for sure.

Please keep things constructive, thank you.

Ok.

It looks like people are being biased because they do not like Capital Combat against snubs. Things are not supposed to be easy around them. Snubs should not be so close. If you get coordinated its easy to take them down.
(11-30-2020, 12:45 AM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2020, 10:01 PM)Maltz Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2020, 08:00 PM)Arcana Wrote: [ -> ]Remove NPC's ships bumping and turning you like a leaf all around
Fix this first before screwing up anything else.

+1 to this.
+1
I dont know if its possible to fix or at least mitigate (the latter should be) npcs flipping larger ships, but this and other (100% possible) things that would improve the game and leave an overall better impression have been neglected for 10+years while totally pointless rebalancing is being done all the time.

It's time to clean up and fix those things before trying anything else.
System development in the long history of Discovery has been patchy, so some systems have NPC populations that are somewhat extreme. Population zones can have their density adjusted to lower npc spam, but removal is a bit extreme.

The problem is where to find the population zones that are of high density and nerf them, it will not be done overnight.
(11-30-2020, 01:47 AM)Markam Wrote: [ -> ]Population zones can have their density adjusted to lower npc spam, but removal is a bit extreme.
They don't even need removed completely. Just make them spawn solely around stations/planets, and not chase more than 6k from where their path is.
Or you can disable the NPC's ability to collide with stuff. But yes they do need to have their combat AI fixed so they don't fkin chase you literally across the entire map.

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=183950
(11-30-2020, 12:58 AM)Chronicron Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on board with people who think that something has to be done about cap flippage before you can actually do something about them balance-wise.

Snubs having an advantage over caps, such as lack of means to defend themselves, will demotovate people to play caps at all - heavy caps in particular, since those are practically the worst.

And about heavy caps. Val already heard my proposal on EDA discord, but I'll just paste it here. Give heavy caps something to make them menacing. Heavy caps as they are now are just beefy targets with lots of firepower that barely have any means to defend themselves against smaller stuff, medium and light battleships included. And I won't bring up the player's skill, it's completely subjective. What they need is something exclusive only for heavy caps that will make cruisers, battlecruisers and smaller battleships regret entering heavy battleship's effective range.

Also, some destroyers need overhauls for their heavy arcs. And to be exact - Fearless and Gallic Destroyers. already knows what I'm on about, but tl;dr - destroyers should either have their current heavy arcs swapped to one on top and one on the bottom (to make them Typhoon-ish) or they should be turned medium and receive a heavy arc that can protect their blind spots.

Battlecruisers should be just deleted. Battlecruisers were always a crutch and it didn't change ever since the rework. Either that or turn them into light battleships.

While not being a cap pro, I would say that current balance is not that bad in general. I would agree here tho, that heavy battleships feel u derwhelming and are good at engaging, basically, only other heavy BS unless you have someone to CD smaller ships for you to cruise up. Maybe giving heavy b's some special toys to give them more chances.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6