Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: GNN News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a GNN Special Report.

A few weeks ago, it was rumored that the Battlestar Kerberos was destroyed by Nomads, along with it's sister command ship, the Hyperion.

however we're hearing reports that the Battlestar kerberos is indeed flying through the Omegas, possibly near or around Omega-49.

Also, rumors are persistent that the "Hero of Newcastle" Jonathan Pryde, the older brother of former RM Chancellor Kristina Pryde, is very much alive. We are, at this time, unable to confirm so. These rumors are originating from both Planet Malta and Gran Canaria, both well known locations that the Pryde Family has history in.

More news as this story develops.

Wolfpack98,Nov 3 2006, 01:31 PM Wrote:Also, rumors are persistent that the "Hero of Newcastle" Jonathan Pryde, the older brother of former RM Chancellor Kristina Pryde, is very much alive. We are, at this time, unable to confirm so. These rumors are originating from both Planet Malta and Gran Canaria, both well known locations that the Pryde Family has history in.

More news as this story develops.

[snapback]43078[/snapback]

"Hmmph. 'Rumors' my Aunt Tillie's leather g-string. Dis, what did Beau's report from last night say again?"

*Accessing, Mal. ... unidentified ship.. squawking Kerberos callsign... comms chatter.. male voice.. a little stressed.. brief sighting on arrival Magellan from... Vespucci???*

"Ho! Stressed indeed. If it is indeed Pryde, he's been out of the loop since the Big Sleep. Doesn't have new Nav Maps, and he stumbled into a hornet's nest by mistake. I'll bet the Kerberos's arse was smokin' and glowin' cherry red by the time he fought his way out.."

*Must have been a sight. Beau was late in responding to the ship's comms, as he had a new recruit on his wing, and was slowed up a tad. A shame he didn't get a visual.. just a brief blip in the HUD.*

"Recruit? Oh, I remember. Beau had you wake me to chat with the lad, give him the reccies for ELF, and some "trials" to acomplish as part of his application. But what did Beau report after he lost the blip?"

*Continuing playback: .. apparently the Kerberos made it to the Magellan~California gate, but may have had some damage, as it mentions difficulty docking several times.. ..last hail from ship alledged to be the Kerberos was from Alcatraz.. where it had docked for resupply or possible repairs.. Beau reports he offerred aid, but as Kerberos had left his AoO, and he'd lost sight of his "trainee", he did not leave Magellan.*

"Beau's a smart lad, Dis. He stuck to his duties, reported, and didn't attempt any Pistle/Whissing. Keep an ear to the news. This GNN bunch seems a slick tightass, too-commercial operation for my taste.. I much prefer that rag on the other channel. Watch 'em both, Dis, and keep me posted... Pop's neighbor may be back! If so, we might meet the legend himself at the housewarming next week!"
"Son of a Nomad!" bellowed the portly Zoner.

"no one is that good!"

"Time to pay up my friend," was the bemused reply.

"Its not my choice you picked such a simple game. Really, I can't believe you Sirians haven't died from boredom with these trifles. What was this called again?"

"Darts," replied the Zoner.

"And I don't care what galaxy you flew in from, there's something unnatural about 10 straight bulls-eyes. Maybe I should have you checked for a micro targetting system..."

"This is getting Tiresome...., and insulting, give me my credits...now,"

Coming from the video display: "...it was rumored that the Battlestar Kerberos..."

as the Zoner continued his posturing and blustering, the winner of the darts game trained his attention on the screen.

"Did she just say Battlestar?" he thought.

"Shut your hole Sirian. Hey bartender, turn that up please."

"...was destroyed by Nomads, along with it's sister command ship, the Hyperion. however we're hearing reports that the Battlestar kerberos is indeed flying through the Omegas, possibly near or around Omega-49...."

As the news reporter continued on about some rogue pilot, the Dart winner's mind wandered and almost didn't notice his Zoner friend pulling the blade from his calf.

The winner's leg shot out from under the bar stool, looped the Zoners ankle and half a second later the Zoner was on his back with the knife to his left ear.

"I tell you what Sirian, why don't you reach into your billfold and give me my credits while I shave this miasim of pubic hair from your middle ear?"

"Orion, I have another one for ya." a bounty hunter shouted over the din of the bar.

The winner looked up. "yea, give me a centon."

"A what?" replied the Bounty Hunter.

"A....a second."

"Now, Sirian, cough it up."

On his way down to the launch bay, David "Orion" Helion asked his Bounty Hunter agent,

"ever heard of the Kerberos?"

"its just a legend, the borderworlds are full of them. Ghost ships and such. I don't really pay attention to it."

"I see," replied Orion.

The two pilots stepped out onto the landing bay.

"Well, here's the mission disk. You sure this will work with the systems on that bird of yours?" asked the bounty hunter.

"I had an old friend of mine refit it for Sirian systems, did my nav computer too."

"Ahh, and what do you call that thing?"

"Its a Colonial Viper."

"She's pretty."

"that she is."

GNN NEWS UPDATE

Hello, folks! This is Jason Larsen, reporting l ive from Dublin. I've just heard reports that a unknown battlestar was seen jumping into the system from Omega-49. Wait a min.. Something's going on here..

*Larsen walks across what appears to be a bretonnian battleship bridge to the commanding officer.. he overhears a conversation.*

Allright, folks. It's been confirmed. A recon patrol sent out there confirmed a unknown battlestar, heavily armed jumped in to the system and is on a direct course for the Battleship Essex, where I am now. We are hoping to catch a glimpse of the ship when she flies by. More details soon.
GNN UPDATE

Hot damn, folks.. that was an up close and personal check from that battlestar!

people, I cannot express how tense it was here in the bridge of the Essex. everyone was hoping that she would not open fire cause hostilities were unknown. She never responded to hails.

A freighter outside caught this image. Its absolutely amazing how large the Battlestar is compared to the Bretonnian Battleship..

[Image: unknownbattlestar.png]

Identitiy is still unconfirmed. last reported heading was leeds.

We'll be sticking with this story until her identity is revealed, but for the time being, Bretonnian officials are recommending that all vessels steer clear of this huge behemoth.

GNN BREAKING NEWS

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a live report coming from Sutherland Resarch Station, near the Nomad Ruins in Newcastle.

The entire station is a-buzz because not an hour ago, an unknown battlestar, possibly the same one that passed the Essex in Dublin, arrived on the scene and began assaulting the nomad ruins. it forced the evacuation of all perssonnel from the ruins, and issued stern warnings to anyone who came within 2K of the ship. here's the recording:

Male Voice Wrote:This is the Commander of this Battlestar.  Should any vessel come within 2 kilometers of this ship, they will be destroyed.  Do not interfere with us.  This is your only warning

Here are some images from surveying craft:

[Image: battlestarattacksruins.png]

Also, here's an image of the unknown battlestar docked here at the station..

[Image: battlestardocked.png]

We've been seeing officers, dressed in a very suspicious uniform coming in and out of the airlock attached to the ship. They refuse to identify themselves, and have pretty much been given free run of the station's general areas, including the bar and supply areas. They have not yet attempted to venture into any of the critical areas here, but security is on site and are watching them very closely.

We are still unable to ascertain what exactly they are up to. Wait.. one of the crewmembers is coming by.

Sir, can you please tell us who you are and what you want with the people of Bretonnia?

"..."

Well.. That went swell. Ladies and Gentlemen, to recap, the unknown Battlestar is now at Sutherland Research Station and appears to be here for an unknown legnth of time.
"Viper 001 this Geminon Traveler, switch to comm encrypt 7 and respond please."

Some static followed by a sharp pop emanated from Caleb Gideon's head set.

"Go ahead Geminon."

"Lieutenant, I've loaded the charts you requested into your nav computer. Once you get to Leeds, it should be pretty easy to find."

"Thanks Chief, I'll message you when I find anything."

"Do you think the news reports are true?"

"I don't know, the still shots they showed were too fuzzy and dark to make out the hull, but the engine configuration definately matched."

"Its a miracle if they're true."

"Yes, Kerberus was supposed to be lost with all hands in the battle over Saggitarion, if it is her, then they must have some story to tell."

"No doubt, well, good luck."

"Thanks. Oh, and Chief, be careful out there. I've heard the Kusari police are skimming niobium shipments from the freelance traders."

"Oh don't worry, I've place a few select bribes with the Hogosha so I shouldn't have any trouble."

"Right, Viper 001 out."

The small fighter spun on its axis and thrusted away from the behemoth frieghter.
Gideon watched as the viper docked with the trade lane. With a flash it was gone.

"Gods be with you," he said to the silence.
Uh.. WTF?

Kerberos was supposed to have been lost with all hands in a fight with Nomads.. this has zippo to do with Battlestar Galactica :P

But you're awfully close :)
I'm referencing the last time the surviving colonists would have seen the Kerberos-during the last Cylon war. They wouldn't have any idea of what has happened since then.
Kerby was constructed here in Sirius, not over in the Colonies.

*shrug* I kinda like this tho..
Pages: 1 2