Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Buffalo, From Rochester
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
****Incoming Transmission****
****Comm ID: Arbiter Jack Crow****

Boss Slypheed,

Has there been a change in the relations between our factions that has not yet been brought to my attention? I'm wondering if you can tell me why the LR feels it has become necessary to tax traffic in and out of Junker bases. Today, I encountered the vessel LR No Reason Really sitting almost on top of Rochester Base. He was taxing vessels coming in and out, including scrap hauling CSV's (with Civ ID). I told him it was bad form to tax Junker vessels outside a Junker base. He said he agreed with me, but that your cause needs the money. I informed him that while I am a supporter of your cause, I'd appreciate it if he earned his money elsewhere. His response to this was.....well why don't I just show you.

[Image: 501295882_QQ5ne-X3.jpg]

I'm a patient man and tolerant of many things, but one thing I will not tolerate is rudeness in my own house. I have no doubt that you do not allow your pilots to speak to you this way in your own house or anywhere else for that matter. Judging by your last discussion with the Chief Arbiter, this is not the relationship you are seeking with our faction. I'm confident we can clear this up and prevent a repeat occurrence of this incident.

Crow Out

****End Transmission****
---Incoming Transmission---

Comm ID: Crime Boss Sylpheed

Alright, that's showing a distinct lack of grey cells.

I'll have the fellow flogged.

That is all.

Sylpheed Out.

---Transmission Terminated---

***Incoming Transmission***
***Comm ID: Andrew Mort***

My apologies, laddie, for not bein' 'ere when it happened, i was sure to tell the recruits of our stance against junker vessels, especially the Congress. I am rather dissapointed to hear ya' had ta' see such disrespect from a laddie, if damage was done, I shall pay out of my own funding. I am sure he will help me do so, when he trades his ship in for a bloodhound.

Mort.

***Transmission ends***
*Incoming Transmission*
ID: Kevin King

Uh how to start... give me a moment. Right.

My apologies for pirating within Junker space against your laws I promise you this will not happen again. I also apologise for bad mouthing you Hawk and that will never happen again either. I will make sure to abide by Junker laws at all times when I am around Junker bases from now on.

*End Transmission*
****Begin Transmission****
Comm ID: Arbiter Jack Crow

Well its like this, mistakes get made often enough. Ive made my share. God only knows where Id be now if not for Tinkerbell. A penitent heart shall not be spurned. Next time you're around Rochester, come have a drink with us.

Crow Out.

****End Transmission****
****Comm ID: Congressman Salvager****

Boss Sylpheed

It seems you are still having problems with making your men understand the diplomacies between our peoples.

Today my trade ship was stopped by an untagged LR Gunboat, piloted by a Rogue called Polaris. He insisted on a donation of credits before allowing me to proceed.

I understand that the Rogues costs of operation are mounting, but expecting free cash from the Congress is not an option open to you. With increasing threats from the Hogosha, CR and now the Council, our operating costs are rising aswell.
This pilot however seems to believe that our supplying of food, weapons and cardimine to your bases, coupled with docking privileges to our bases isn't enough.

I enclose a snippet from the chat logs:
[Image: polaris.jpg]

This encounter ended there pretty much when another pilot approached and they attacked each other, I left them to it.

We simply cannot afford to tolerate any more encounters of this fashion from the Rogues. Any more demands for money like this and the Congress will review our trade relations.

Salvager out.

****Transmission Ended****

***Incoming transmission***

*static* Just a moment, friend, imma gonna get to a base and ill be talkin' with ya 'bout this. Kinda hot out 'ere.

***End Transmission***
****Comm ID: Polaris****

Congressman Salvager

I believe you must show the whole log before claiming anything.
You were given a hell lot in return, yet your cheap nature did not allow you to pay the little sum i was asking for, that sum that could have been very handy in the little encounter with the authority, From what i hear you are not doing so well with those boys lately as well.
I would ask a generous sum sent to my account so we can put this little misunderstanding behind us, As you can see... I was a bit too friendly to you.

****Comm ID: Congressman Salvager****

Sir, the Congress takes a very dim view of those who demand cash from us. Ally or not, we are not your ATM service. Demanding cash from us will usually get you nothing, or otherwise cost you more than you'd care to give.

You've had our answer.

Salvager out.

***Relay Transmission***

Oi, right, somethin' I wanted ta say, but the comm filter blurred out most of ma words. First of all, imma' tryin' ta bring the LR and the Congress relationships closer, and imma not amused right now. That man, who tried to pirate a congress member near Rochester allready found his fate end quite quickly a few days after, so I dun' wish we need to do the same with this gunboat commander. Polaris, i'd tell ya to repay the man with somethin' out of yer own wallet, but imma think' that will fall of deth ears. So, instead i Demand ya do so, before the docking crew on Alcatraz and Buffalo start seein' the Polaris as an annoyin' red speck on their scanner.

Ill have no rogue shoot at those who supply us with not only the nececery equippment of our bases. No, boy, you'll find that it's a bad idea. Congress, keep me up to date to these rogue Rogues and we shall see what we can do with them.

Polaris, ye better be willin' to share yer loot with the junkers for a week or so...

Unamused Rogue

Andrew Mort.

***End transmission***
Pages: 1 2