Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A journey at the hospital.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Valravn Citadel:
A day at the hospital

Since the meeting with the Doc in Valravn Citadel, L.O.S.T did not leave her room; she just stayed there for two days. Later in that day the 828/02/08, the young girl received a call from the same doctor.

‘’L.O.S.T please come to my office.’’

L.O.S.T executed herself and went to the office in question. She also memorized the path so she would not lose herself in the station. When she left the room, everything seemed more ‘’familiar and secured’’ to her. Even if she did not know why she sensed that. Like she was told: ‘’So the Human part of you is definitely awake…’’

What did it mean anyway? Did it mean inside of L.O.S.T there was two
two consciousnesses, a human one and some kind of artificial intelligence sharing the same body? Only one person could tell and it was the doctor. It took some minutes to reach the office. The young woman could go there because she was authorized. She knocked at the door.

Enter!

L.O.S.T opened the door and entered the office. She took the seat assigned by the man.

Doc: L.O.S.T glad to see you again. You probably know why I asked for you right?
[color=#BF40FF]L.O.S.T: No.

Doc: Let me show you the scan.

An hologram appeared between them. It was inside L.O.S.T the full body. The doctor pointed at the strange spots.

Doc: Here, you have something over here and over there. It seems to be cables… Right?
L.O.S.T: Yes. Before all of these were outside of me. It formed a kind of cocoon like a caterpillar becoming a butterfly I guess. But those cables were connected to me by my ship. Now, it is not the case because something happened to me, but I do not know exactly what.
Doc: I see.

The hologram did a zoom to the brain.

Doc: Look here. He pointed an object
Doc: It seems you have something in your brain and that thing is connected to almost all parts of your brain…
L.O.S.T: ….
Doc: And the object seems to be a microprocessor. It is really damaged. I think the best thing will be to change it if you allow me.
L.O.S.T: If it is to find out who I am…
Doc: Well then. Follow me.

Both stood up and the doctor led the way. They walked for seconds and they reached the operating room.

Doc: Please lay down on the table.

The young woman with blue eyes and blue hair laid on the table. Somehow she felt strange like a fear, but it was unknown to her. The doctor was searching for Anesthesia. It would be better to avoid any risk of reflex. He finally found it and came to the patient.

Doc: Ready?
L.O.S.T: Yes..

The doctor injected the Anesthesia in L.O.S.T making her fall asleep. Even if she was an artificial human made in a laboratory and had some kind of artificial intelligence, she had the same constitution in other words, if she was cut she would bleed. Helped by some medical robots, the doctor began the surgery. He opened the head of L.O.S.T and could see some transparent cables implanted in the brain. It was a real challenge because any bad manipulation could have a great consequence.

Doc: Well.. that’s complicated.

He began to make some incisions here and there to see if the little cables there will have something at the end and not. The doctor healed the incisions made and was totally relieved.

Doc: I guess if I take them off, it would not damage the brain.

He began to pull them gently to not damage anything. After some movements, he was able to follow the cables and localize the object.It was in the brain near the end of the spinal column. He made some incisions and slowly put it out. The object was a microprocessor. It was connected again, but the doctor had to disconnect it to analyse it. He gave it to a robot and followed the robot to an analyse station. He began the analysis and it said: Finished in one hour.

Doc: Wasn’t easy, but I made it.

One hour later

The Anesthesia had stopped its effect and L.O.S.T was awake, but she seemed totally different and the doctor was there too. L.O.S.T acted a bit like a baby and made some sounds like a baby will do. She looked at everything with a big interest too.

Doc: Interesting…

The doctor came to her trying to interact with her.

Doc: Can you stay still?

L.O.S.T looked at the man like she studied him.

Doc: Yes and now, sleep well.

He injected again the Anesthesia and returned to the analyse station. It was finished.

Code:
Analyse:
The memory of the microprocessor was totally restarted.
No way possible to restore it.
Recommandation: A replacement is needed.

For that, the doctor was able to do it. So he talked to someone who could do it. His name was Black Silver.

Black: Greetings here. How can I help?
Doc: Come in the operating room.
Black: On my way.

Black came and looked a bit confused when he saw the body of L.O.S.T.

Black: Euh…
Doc: Yeah I know. It is L.O.S.T, an artificial human with a microprocessor. Short story, she lost all about her, the only thing she knows is: She is a project of the Navy. Something happened to her in the past that’s for sure because the microprocessor is damaged. She did not have any expression either. So I would like if you do another one because the analysis told it needs to be replaced.
Black: Sure thing. What should I put as memory?

The doctor thought about it for a few seconds.

Doc: I know!
Black: Yes?
Doc: She is a hybrid made by the Navy and the project has failed. Due to that, the scientists who worked for them erased all the memory stocked inside her.
Black: Interesting. I like it.

Black began to work on the new microprocessor. He added what the doctor said, but he also added his personal touch: How to express emotions, what is love, what is happiness, what is sadness, what is anger, what is compassion and many other things. He also added new words that humans used that she did not and the meaning of her codename. The work was finished and Black gave the new microprocessor.The doctor took it and reconnected the new microprocessor at the place where the old one was. He closed the head of L.O.S.T and did some welding points. Minutes have past and L.O.S.T woke up.

L.O.S.T: Where… Where am I?
In her voice we could hear a difference than before.
Doc: You are on Valravn Citadel, in the operating room.
L.O.S.T: Euh… Never heard about it.
Black: Your ship will remind you where you are. All that is in your ship happened, but you asked for help as I know.
Doc: Yes. Your microprocessor was damaged so we did a replacement. Now tell me who you are?
L.O.S.T: Euh.. I am L.O.S.T a Navy project that failed. I was made for reasons that I don’t know. I don’t have a name. I am a hybrid.

The doctor looked at Black.

Doc: You did a great job.

End