Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Doc Holliday Re: Help?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: MGXq4NB.jpg]

Hi Doc. Ummm, do you know me?

For as long as I can remember, I spend every day sitting on my couch, eating a chili dog, livin' la vida loca, while wearing a kilt that my mother made me when I was 30.

I go to bed every night with cold knees and meat sweats...but this is where it gets a little weird: I have this recurring dream that I'm a ZBT Transport named "LochNet Shamus"

In this dream, I have some memories of being human once, but I mostly remember bits and pieces of being a Discordian Fnordette named "Shamus O'Shaunessy"

Every night, I dream that I search the ZBT database & I always find a huge file named "Shamus 2.0'Shaunessy" but it's horribly corrupted, and I can't make sense of the uncorrupted bits.

To make matters worse, when I wake up in the mornings, after I put on my kilt, but before I make my chili dog, I search for the file "Shamus 2.0" but all I get as results are various cat videos trapped in dutch ovens.

I'm starting to question my sanity.

I'm hoping you could give me a referral to a neurologist that might be able to help me.

If that fails, I think I may need to embrace the crazy and start looking for a good mechanic.
*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Shamus O'Shaughnessy

My, my!

I thought you were deceased. I must say that I am glad that you are not. Yes, I remember you and it has indeed been a very long time. We flew together with Malaclypse and oh what times those were.
So what are you up to? I'd like to sit and chat with you, perhaps at either Pueblo Bonita or better yet, at the Skyhook for old time sake. We have much to talk about. Maybe then I can help you sort things out.

-Doc
[Image: KCaiq5C.jpg]

To: Doctor Holiday
Re: Shamus
ID: Riley Mackenzie

'Lo Doctor. Shamus is in 'sleep mode' at the moment. I'm glad I was here when your message arrived. Until he called you a few days ago, I didn't even realize he was active again. It's a---

Sorry. My name's Riley. It seems we operated in the same circle at different times, and I'm happy to get to meet the man behind the rep.

So, long story short: I'm one of the blokes that helped get Shamus back online after the FnordNet had its fatal error and killed his F-23 unit a number of years ago. We did our best trying to get him back up to snuff using our own network, but to be honest, our LochNet system is buggy as hell interacting with the Discordian OS installed on this ship.

Basically, my guess is, after listening to Shamus' transmission to you and going through the code of his matrix for the day, I think he might be dreaming. That said, it appears that he's also been running refugees out from Canaria here to Pygar where I found him docked.

Look, I've never truly understood the particular esoteric juju that Malaclypse had goin' on, but however it worked, he gave those Fnordettes...uh, Soul.

Also, when I got here, I noticed his F-unit on the floor and it sparked when I picked it up, and it warmed the pineal crystal I keep in my pocket.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and drive Shamus over to Baffin, and park him between Shasta and the Goddess Geode in the hopes that it might do him some good.

We will await you there, cause any expertise or insight you have will take us farther than I know how to on my own.

RileyMac