Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A Meeting of Strangers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
A Meeting of Strangers

L.O.S.T saw a liner near Manhattan. Its shape was strange like those ships from Kusari. The young woman took a look with curiosity and did a little research about that ship. After some minutes, she found out what was the ship. It was a Shukensha, a liner built by Renzu Corporation. L.O.S.T activated the docking sequence. She waited for some minutes and finally arrived in the liner. When the Sabre stop to move, L.O.S.T left her ship and sat next to it like if she didn't know where to go.

She hoped to not be in the wrong ship. Physically, she was normal, so nobody could really know who she was. There was some person who looked at the young woman with blue eyes and blue hair., but they just judged her by her physic. Of course, that color was not easy to miss that's for sure. Until now, she had lived many adventures. She remembered her visits in Omicron systems and Omega systems. Even if she saw beautiful places, she didn't decide to live at a specific place like normal people would usually do. L.O.S.T was waiting there next to her ship...
The Liner had rested at Trenton for some time, taking on supplies and refueling, while also giving the crew that ran the ship a rest. There was ample landing space inside the public hangar deck, a Ravens Talon, Guardian and a brand new Sutinga. Judging from the interior it was a mix of Liberty and Kusari design. The crew didn't pay too much mind to L.O.S.T while she waited in the hangar, going over basic refueling procedures.

Soon enough a blonde woman would come down wearing a hoodie and pajama pants, approaching the girl standing by the ship. She walked up casually, approaching her. "You must be L.O.S.T. I hope it wasn't hard to find your way here. Let me introduce myself properly. Nicole Prower, nice to finally meet you in person." She smiled a bit, contrary to her name, she seemed to be of Kusarian origin. One would get curious where she was raised.
L.O.S.T looked at the blond woman with curiosity, but she seemed shy, but she wasn't.

Oh euh.. Hello! And euh... I am L.O.S.T as you said. It was easy to find you ship, but I thought to be in the wrong one.

She looked the place like if everything was new to her. It was like if that young woman was a child the way she acted.
"There aren't often other Renzu Liners around here. I suppose the name of the ship name would've helped, sorry about that. Well, welcome to my floating home, the Hanazuki. Please, come walk with me, we'll head somewhere more comfortable where we can rest." Nicole waived for her to follow her, leading the girl deeper into the ship. The further they traveled they more well decorated the interior became. It seemed much more like a mobile, floating home than a luxury cruise liner.

"From what I understand there's some things you don't know much about. I'm sure there are things you're curious about, and in my line of work I learn many things. Tell me, is there something you've wanted to know but can't figure out, or haven't gotten any answers to?" She kept walking along towards a room that seemed much like a regular living room. A couch, television, and small kitchen area. "Do forgive me if I'm assuming too much, though."
L.O.S.T was curious about almost everything she saw in the liner. She was quite silent during the walk and when the both were at the room, L.O.S.T was curious about the television like if she didn't know what it was.

That thing... What is it? She pointed the television. Also, when I visited a certain person, she told me what is love, but I still don't understand the meaning of love... L.O.S.T touched a bit the television to see what will be the reaction, but nothing. It was completely new for her. The young person changed the subject. There is a thing that I want to know... Why do I exist? What was the goal of the project?

That's for sure, there was a big mystery behind L.O.S.T and behind her childish behavior. It was clearly not ''normal'' to someone who looked old enough to be considered as an adult and acting like a child that saw the world for the first time.
Nicole got comfortable herself, making some tea while listening to L.O.S.T in her asking of questions. The first one was easily answered. "It's a television. Use it to watch shows, like the news or something entertaining, helps pass the time and sometimes there's something good on, depends on what you like to watch I suppose." She turned her attention to L.O.S.T briefly while pouring the tea into a cup. "Would you like some tea, or anything?"

The second half of her questioning is what got to her. A project of some kind but doesn't know what her purpose is or was, why she came to be in the first place. "Well I happen to be knowledgeable on some subjects of technology and projects. Do you know what kind of project you were apart of? Who was conducting it? Might help in finding out those very answers you seek." She turned to face the girl, sipping from her tea. She had a mostly neutral expression, slightly curious about this herself. Still, there was no malice or hidden intentions behind her questioning.

Television?... I never saw that. L.O.S.T was observing Nicole and she was smiling to her. I don't even know about what kind of project... I just know that I was a Navy project, but that failed. I have no more details about this.

I think by now, everything has been erased... I think my purpose can change if someone open my head... I fear the day that one day I will be an other person.

Her face could tell that she was not lying about that her purpose could change only by modifying her microprocessor that was in her head.

"I see.. well I may be just the exact position to dig up some information on this and help you, but it'll take time. Scrubbed projects always take a while to dig up information on. But in the meantime, I can help look after you. Is there anything you need right now, aside from a safe place to stay? More clothes, food, maintenance. I have quite the reach when it comes to providing for someone." She was a bit intrigued. The girl was the product of an old Navy project thats since been scrubbed from files. She'd have to look into it more at work but it certainly piqued her curiosity immensely. Though for now, L.O.S.T's personal care and well being were on Nicoles mind.

When Nicole said that it would be possible to find out the purpose of her, L.O.S.T was more than happy even if this feeling was just fake. Indeed, it is a microprocessor that control all her actions and even the fake feelings, but no one could do the difference.

So it would be possible to know my purpose? She said with hope. If it is the case, I will maybe know why everyone is kind with me... The girl with blue hair and eyes changed her face for a questionning one. What is maintenance Nicole ?

L.O.S.T was looking to Nicole like if she analyzed her and somehow, she liked that woman. There was a particular energy within her making L.O.S.T confortable at her presence.

"It might be possible, I'm not entirely sure yet, I haven't been in to work yet so I don't know how much I can dig up." Nikki moved into her chair, offer L.O.S.T a seat, wanting her to relax and get comfortable, perhaps it'd help her to calm down a bit. "I think I can answer as to why everyone is so kind with you, you're kind to just about everyone you meet. People tend to be kind to you when you're kind to them. It's refreshing and nice, so people return that feeling of kindness towards you."

She took a sip from her cup, smiling softly. "Maintenance is something that is done to make sure robotic parts and equipment are all kept in working order and working as needed. For example, I have a cybernetic arm because I lost my real one during a.. situation. Occasionally I have to make sure it's still functioning properly and if not, make needed adjustments so it continues working like I need it to. You mentioned you're mostly robotic inside, though I wonder, have you ever done maintenance on yourself to make sure you've been working the best you can be?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5