Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How to Save Discovery Freelancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
And that is fine and how it should be - if you are a skilled player and have 1:1 K : D ratio you are doing a great service to the game Smile

I think the best example is MNS-Gran and his many aliases. And lately - these guys are what can actually save the server and make new guys stay a lot more, they are the true rolemodels of someone willing to boost the server.
ah yes because having fun here as an above-average player in caps totally means having to deal with situations where the enemy has 6 times the firepower you have and there's no hope of even fighting back
You can forgo your chance of winning so the other side has fun! So they don't mind when you do come in numbers and skill and squash them Smile

It's not about you only - if you think about your fun over long run, you just need to let the opposition have their wins

We already have people that are doing this - I mentioned them above. MNS-Gran is my hero especially. He knows he is better than 95% of cap players so he just flies in on his basic AU BC into huge disadvantages lol.
> So they don't mind when you do come in numbers and skill and squash them
yeah no they just start screaming into feedback threads if you do that

> let the opposition have their wins
and why should that prevent both sides from having fun?
Honestly - what's your kill death ratio on your nomad - is it below 1:1? I very much doubt that.

People come to complain in feedbacks since the dawn of time, K'hara whined about Core ganking in their feedback while they were ganking each other regularly all the way back in 2014. It's about what happens in-game, if you have K : D and fight win ratios around 60:40 the PvP keeps going, if it gets a lot more lopsided it just eventually dies off - it's that simple.
That isn't what the point here is. Even though I mentioned it, it barely matters to me more than just as a reference at this point.
What I am trying to make you understand is that the entire PvP part shouldn't be done neither as "me suicide so newbie gets easy kill", nor as "drop 10 newbies on a better player cause he is good". All the options you've posted here are things that work if done by 1-2 people at best but wouldn't be good if everyone did them (which again, won't happen).
No, they would universally work. Like I said look at what and are doing. They are the model Disco players that are good for newcomers to PvP staying at the server, while people that masslog to squash their opposition with 90% winrates are bad.

You are better than new guys = you should balance that skill difference in other ways so fights get near the 50% sweet spots that keep them going. If you care about the long run and your own long run fun that is - which most people don't.
I would agree with Darius, in that it is preferable for factions to train their new members (or even offer to train other newbies) than for experienced players to face unlikely odds or throw their fights - it is something that, while not necessarily a bad thing, probably should not be the norm and left to the initiative of the single player and is of no great help to the newbies to get better (whereas proper training would).

That said, I have to insist on the necessity to advertise the game and make sure the new players are both welcomed, taught and involved into the game world - official or less official factions may play a role in that, perhaps?
Okay maybe people should just grow a pair of balls and not cry every time they die in pvp? That is how cap aces even became cap aces in the first place. Trying again and again. And unless its a huge shitfest of idk, 10v1 again or w/e other ridiculous fight could happen, it's not the end of the world. People who get angry cause they died in PvP once shouldn't quit, they should just ask for a lil bit of advice. If they do actually quit, that's their problem. Not a single multiplayer game out there is forgiving, if I can say it that way, to newcomers. You learn through experience.

Excuse the not very polite language but it's just the truth at this point with the mod. As Saro pointed out earlier, 490389493859 people crying on forum that they died once in PvP and they're now quitting only makes the overall experience worse.
Disco will be good if SNAC will one shot again
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30