Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Mrs Lily Ward, Foreign Minister, CR || From: Bretonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: y8lK9YL.png]

Kingdom of Bretonia - Foreign & Commonwealth Office
Her Grace The Duchess of London

Good day,

I have not had any correspondence with the Crayter Republic since my appointment as Foreign Secretary, so please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Lady Sarah Mountbatten, Duchess of London, formerly Westminster, and it will be my pleasure to give you my audience at any time.

I am well aware of the proposal from Natio Octavarium that you have also received. It is generally sensible, but opinions are here that our participation in the Leviathan Accords as a guest of the Natio, with our due respect to them, was unusual behaviour for a Great Power that would only be understandable if we were formally allied. I did once serve as a liaison to the Natio and my experience was largely positive, but it would be unforgivable if I allowed my personal bias to influence my professional conduct. Since I have replaced Mr East as Foreign Secretary, it should be my duty to prevent such gaffes from happening again.

The Kingdom of Bretonia urges the Crayter Republic to open peace negotiations with the Empire of Kusari and finish them promptly. I would be glad to offer Bretonia's mediation and to invite your representations to Tarbert Mansion, Planet Harris. It is the future governor's assembly building, nearly finished and I have heard it is already quite comfortable. In your negotiations, we must urge you not to agree to any proposals by which Kusari keeps Barra and we promise full diplomatic support concerning this question.

Nevertheless, all of this comes under one condition. Since the Enclave's return to Gallia and since the Gallo-Kusarian War, both Bretonia and Kusari have been worried about the very possible resurgence of aggressive Gallic foreign policy in the not so distant future. Therefore, the two Great Powers intend to forget old grievances (though ideally, Kusari should apologise, since it was their fault) and form a loose coalition in the Taus that will form a barrier against Gallia's ambitions, and as a bonus, offer better policing conditions for the Tau Sector, most importantly against whatever they think they can concoct on Malta. Bretonia will only offer strong support to your interests if the Crayter Republic agrees to be part of this coalition and pays us back with diplomatic support in our own future negotiations with Kusari.

Freely invite Natio Octavarium if you want. There is enough space in Tarbert Mansion for much of their population and I would personally look forward to meeting them again, but I am afraid that there are no significant matters of formal nature that we could discuss with them.

In Her Majesty's Service,

[Image: rJcHOed.png]
Lady Sarah Mountbatten
Her Majesty's Principal Secretary for Foreign & Colonial Affairs

BRETONIA SUPRA OMNES
NUNQUAM ITERUM
CARINA, REGINA, IMPERATRIX
[Image: 3uwPJKj.png]

Lady Mountabatten,

A pleasure, as always. I will say, your message comes at an opportune time, as the Foreign Affairs Ministry has been debating just what to do with the Kusari issue, and I and many of the other ministers agree that ending the conflict is paramount to our operations within the Taus.

The primary issue I sense in establishing peace with Kusari is their prideful nature, as personal honor is key to their society. Reacquiring Barra shouldn't be much of a point of contention, especially with Bretonia's border so close and your offer of diplomatic support, but forcing a formal apology will be tricky.

In regards to a coalition against a resurgent Gallia, Crayter has already thrown support behind it. Absorbing the Enclave's forces was bad enough, but knowing that the Gallic Navy contains within it war criminals and potential royalist sympathizers, on top of seemingly retaining the royalist-era WMDs, brings the issue to a whole new level.

Finally, Crayter will back the Kingdom in any other diplomatic dealings with the Empire of Kusari, naturally. While I can't understate the importance of focusing on the threat Gallia poses, extra pressure can handily deal with issues as they crop up.
Hopefully these efforts will mark a new era of Tau history.

I will notify you should the discussions require the use of the future governor's building on Harris.

For those we left behind.

Lily Ward
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Crayter Republic
[Image: y8lK9YL.png]

Kingdom of Bretonia - Foreign & Commonwealth Office
Her Grace The Duchess of London

Mrs Ward,

I respect your right to negotiate on your own, but please bear in mind that in that case we cannot mediate to dilute Kusari's prideful nature. If you encounter any difficulties, freely call us, and we will organise a conference on Harris. Please keep us informed about the flow of your negotiations, thank you.

In Her Majesty's Service,

[Image: rJcHOed.png]
Lady Sarah Mountbatten
Her Majesty's Principal Secretary for Foreign & Colonial Affairs

BRETONIA SUPRA OMNES
NUNQUAM ITERUM
CARINA, REGINA, IMPERATRIX