Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Feedback: Temporary Autonomous Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

[Image: C0p3kmp.jpg]

Temporary Autonomous Zoners

As you may have noticed, the Temporary Autonomous Zoners have become unofficial. In our effort to recover the official status, we would like to gather feedback from the community. Not only are you welcome to report on your positive and negative interactions with the faction, but we would also like to hear what the community loves most about our faction, so we can put the emphasis in what helps us interact better with the server.

TAZ is one of the oldest factions in Disco, and on behalf of the remaining Popes and Popess' I can tell you that letting it be forgotten is not in our plans. We will soon host an event in Baffin to mark the beggining of the process to recover official status.

[Image: xkrNES0.png]
I am wondering - where did the max friendship with Council come from? Smile

Council as an entity is now absorbed into the Gallic Union and more or less gone, with many the ex-Council people joining the Maquis
(04-13-2021, 10:49 PM)Lionel Boucher Wrote: [ -> ]I am wondering - where did the max friendship with Council come from? Smile

Council as an entity is now absorbed into the Gallic Union and more or less gone, with many the ex-Council people joining the Maquis

We used to be neighbours (one of the JHs to Roussillion was in Baffin) and inRP we developed a three-way-alliance with CR and Council during the Gallic invasion. TAZ was the first line of defense in case GRN wanted to barge in, so we used to have a joint armada back in the day.

As I explained in the request thread itself, my graphic design abilities are limited, and that's why I grabbed the repsheet that's shown on our Wiki page as a base. We'd like to update our repsheet to reflect a more current state of diplomacy, but I first need to find help to make it shiny.
damn
that's some ancient history

Well, best of luck! Nice to see some OG factions still sticking around
There aren't many interesting things to do as a Zoner, yet there's multiple Zoner factions. With a low demand and a high competition, you guys will have to swim upstream. Being present and letting others know who you in fact are could be a good start. I think most players who aren't vets don't even know you exist (or existed).

Alternatively, you could try to establish yourselves as the dominant religion of Sirius, or at least a clandestine cabal with influence in high places. That way you could get vets interested in RPing with you. I've always wanted to connect a certain character of mine with a secret society, but I just have no idea what the TAZ are supposed to be about. Your lore is hermetic and requires the member to have an understanding of anarchist thought, but there's no incentive to invest effort into that because being a member doesn't give anything I would imagine someone could want, and temporary autonomous zones are such an obscure concept that I doubt you'll find many that are interested in it just for its own sake.
Yes hell yes - I would love to see you spreading whatever the hippie mumbo jumbo with amulets is all around the Universe :]

BTW I thought of branded propaganda commodity for revolutionnary factions - could work well for you too if you take the religious angle
(04-13-2021, 09:36 PM)Gypsie Skripto Wrote: [ -> ]TAZ is one of the oldest factions in Disco,

Was*
Probably gonna get a load of crap for saying this but I do feel this has to be said.

Why even bother trying to get back TAZ's officialdom? From my entire time since joining disco which is admittedly short compared to most of the community this faction didn't really existed at all. It seemed that it just survived from one guy farming the time it needed in the last 3 months to not lose officialdom after the first warning from quarterly checks, which is sadly far too common and then their is also the fact I don't think I have seen anything happen at all with the NPC faction either from a story pov. Is there any plans for what TAZ will actually be doing if does get officialdom back?

In any case I do wish you the best of luck with this effort.
(04-14-2021, 12:28 AM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]There aren't many interesting things to do as a Zoner, yet there's multiple Zoner factions. With a low demand and a high competition, you guys will have to swim upstream. Being present and letting others know who you in fact are could be a good start. I think most players who aren't vets don't even know you exist (or existed).

Alternatively, you could try to establish yourselves as the dominant religion of Sirius, or at least a clandestine cabal with influence in high places. That way you could get vets interested in RPing with you. I've always wanted to connect a certain character of mine with a secret society, but I just have no idea what the TAZ are supposed to be about. Your lore is hermetic and requires the member to have an understanding of anarchist thought, but there's no incentive to invest effort into that because being a member doesn't give anything I would imagine someone could want, and temporary autonomous zones are such an obscure concept that I doubt you'll find many that are interested in it just for its own sake.

There is truth in what you say, and I believe that with enough manpower TAZ would have seceded from Zoners some time ago. In the past I tried to explore this road, but there were other TAZ veterans who wanted to keep the status quo, and have the faction be a memorial of its founder.

Little by little changes will start happening in Baffin which will let us focus more in the religious (albeit satyrical) aspects of our lore and activities.
Can you direct me to your faction infromtion thread? Couldn't find it yet

NVM, found it. I recommend you to do at least two decent paragraphs of background, explaining what are you and what goals do you have. Perhaps refresh diplomacy with new RP around?
Pages: 1 2