Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: 5th Fleet Admiralty | From: Christopher Edwards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 113cbb7e5d67b92ef404413c3110d9cd5f-3.png]

[Image: Webp-net-resizeimage-7.png]

Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet
Incoming Transmission

SENDER: Commodore Christopher Edwards
RECIPIENT: Fifth Fleet Admiralty
ENCRYPTION: Omega
SUBJECT: New equipment
PRIORITY: Urgent

Beginning Video Feed

Good evening Command,

During routine check-ups on our on-board components it was brought to my attention that our weaponry systems are in need of maintenance due to the increased amount of skirmishes the Akhetaten has taken part in over the past few months. After analyzing the black box logs as well as recordings of the various engagements the battleship has been in, it was concluded that our current arsenal may not be optimal which upon further inspection seems to be a correct assessment.

To be more specific, the C-48 "Cerberus"-type turret the Akhetaten has had installed from her early days is a likely compromise in the ship's arsenal. The C-48 was employed on the Akhetaten as an emergency battery that would come in effect should the battleship ever be caught in a situation of close quarters combat with a hostile capital vessel. The Akhetaten is in her core a ship mainly built around remaining undetected and if that fails she is equipped to be able to stand her ground at a sufficient safe distance from any hostile capital vessel.

With the risk of an ambush being nullified, as the Akhetaten no longer operates in deep enemy space, the C-48 battery has been under-performing, to say the least. The turret is incapable of outputting the damage it was employed for at the ranges in which the Akhetaten operates safely.

With all of the above in mind, and with the Akhetaten's planned moving to a drydock for the necessary maintenance checks, I would like to request the replacement of the C-48 turret for something more advanced. Upon discussion with the Akhetaten's Executive Officer, Commander Mary Uhmen, and our Weapon Systems Officer, Lieutenant Casper Garfield, we have come to the conclusion that a more sophisticated cryogenic antimatter projector, namely the TL-25 "Mortar", will be a much better fit for the Akhetaten. The TL-45 "Heavy Mortar" was deemed unfit for a replacement as the weight it puts on the ship's reactor is severe.

Being able to output a considerable amount of damage at a respectable and comfortable-to-operate-in range for the Akhetaten, coupled with the turret's relatively low load on the power core, the TL-25 is a perfect candidate. I am hereby requesting that the C-48 "Cerberus" is removed from the Akhetaten and replaced by a TL-25 "Mortar".

The battleship is ready to move to Norfolk or Juneau for the necessary refit upon Command's approval.

With regards.

Commodore Christopher Edwards
Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet

Concluding Video Feed

Attachments:
None required.

[Image: 4dZt6D1.png]
Communication channel opened...
Encryption: Unbreakable
Origin: Juneau Shipyard
ID: Rear Admiral Nicole Prower
Subject: New Equipment

Greetings,

After reviewing your request and speaking with the dockmaster, your request for new equipment has been approved. A drydock has been made open at Norfolk shipyard for the refit. Please in turn the ship at your earliest opportunity for refit.

Regards,

Rear Admiral Nicole Prower
5th Fleet, Liberty Navy
[Image: 113cbb7e5d67b92ef404413c3110d9cd5f-3.png]

Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet
Incoming Transmission

SENDER: Commodore Christopher Edwards
RECIPIENT: Fifth Fleet Admiralty
ENCRYPTION: Omega
SUBJECT: New equipment
PRIORITY: Urgent

Beginning Video Feed

Rear Admiral Prower,

On behalf of myself and the Akhetaten's crew I thank you for the quick response and as well as the approval of my request. The battleship will be moving to Norfolk immediately, after the dockmaster is informed of our arrival the entire crew will disembark the Akhetaten and the battleship will be handed over to the service crews on the drydock.

That will be all, Rear Admiral, my gratitude towards the Command will be expressed through the Akhetaten's performance in the near future.

With regards.

Commodore Christopher Edwards
Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet

Concluding Video Feed

Attachments:
None required.