Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Neural Net ID Entry 1139
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings Disco community!

I've recently started playing Freelancer online, and I really don't like 'vanilla' replay value on games, (for the most part) so obviously I had to remedy this with massive modification. Discovery seemed to be the right choice for me.

I used to be an avid role-player, and have been playing MMO's off and on for the last four to five years, and the casual style of the freelancer engine, along with the free multi-player aspect, was a hook for me. Disco really makes a difference for me so far, as the original Freelancer held very little replay value for me. (Plus it helps now that I'm married, I can find a quick place to log off if my now 'casual' gaming hobby starts causing problems with the wife.) So I'd say that I may have just found my Niche here. And I hope to get to know many of you players as time goes on.

Not really knowing the history of the server, as I've not had the time to get familiar with the server, my fellow players, or do a lot of reading on the forums (apart from the server rules, ect.) My character is starting out with a very simple (boring, as you may soon discover) beginning. We all start with a clean slate in life, and so shall my newbie self begin here.

My current character is Mkvenner, those of you who may see me flying around space, should know that I am currently working on getting some sort of factional alignment going (junker/freelancer) and have no real alliances, or allies. (Though it appears the Rogues/Mollies/Hackers, and allies, depending on circumstance dislike me)

Now that my basic introduction is over, I'd just like to point out my ongoing character bio. It's simple, rough around the edges, and sometimes I can't believe that I used to be fairly heavy into role-play, as this writing is most definitely not Shakespearean; not to mention intentionally scattered, much like my personal (shortly kept) journals ever were, which may dissuade many people from reading it.

Anyways, I hope to see you all in space sometime. (perhaps not the pirates reading this mind you; not thrilled anyways!)
:rolleyes:

NOTE: First post will be edited with information as time goes on.

Quote:NeuralNet:\ NeuralNet ID ***8311 Searching Neural Net Identity Database Alphabetically, starting with selection M...additional search parameters 1139

NeuralNet:\Searching…
NeuralNet:\DOWNLOADING DATAFILE...
NeuralNet:\NNID#1139...
NeuralNet:\IDDESC[PersonalLog]...
NeuralNet:\FILE ENCRYPTED: ACCESS DENIED
NeuralNet:\[Macro] Replace code lock ******* with temporary code 338AXOPEN on [NNID#1139] upon backdoor login from NNID ***8311 ; reset to original code lock upon file close from NNID ***8311[TRUE] ; if password read next login from NNID ***8311 equals [TRUE] ; replace code lock for NNID#1139 with with temporary code 338AXOPEN ; [/Macro]
NeuralNet:\BYPASSING SECURITY LOCK…
NeuralNet:\Decrypting...
NeuralNet:\Opening File, Please Wait....
NeuralNet:\File Ready! Thank you for using Neural Net Search!

Quote:Log entry 001:

12:56pm

The name is Felix, Felix Mkvenner. I’ve been shipping cargo for a private mining firm, a firm of which I cannot disclose any information regarding due to having a N.D.A. within my shipping contract, for the last six months. The same boring route back and forth, back and forth. Six months of tedious repetition. I just repeated myself twice now; that just shows how un-eventful this job is.

They say that a wise man once said, that true insanity is repeating the same action numerous times and expecting a different result. If that’s the case, then I’m completely insane, or perhaps not; my last run the nav computer malfunctioned and sent me down the wrong trade lane and sent me to Sheffield Station instead of Kingston. Not that that has much to do with anything, I suppose that now I’m rambling, figures.

It’s not like I have anything better to do than talk to myself and jot down notes in this journal.
Still not sure why I’m doing this, it seems like a complete waste of time since nobody will ever be reading it. Then again, I have plenty of time to waste, I have another eighteen hours left on this run. Ah, feth it, I’m taking a nap.

/End of entry.

Quote:Log Entry 002:

3:45pm

Just woke up from my nap, rather disappointing nap really, expected it to be longer.
I suppose instead of boring my non-existent readers, and myself with rambling on about how bored I am, that I should give some personal details regarding myself; boy, that was rather redundant.

Recent times I hail from Toronto station in the Ontario sector. Not too sure why I wound up there, but it got me this job moving cargo, so winding up there wasn’t a complete wash. Hate the place, mind you, but it could always be worse from what I figure. Honestly I really don’t know where I came from originally but from what I do remember of my childhood I grew up, on Invergordon Spaceport, in the Inverness sector, a Freeport ran by the Junkers.

I suppose that makes me a Junker, I think? They treated me well enough to be one of their own little scrap gophers, taught me how to fly once I got big enough to see over the controls of a CSV. The Junkers put me to work in any case on a salvage frigate when I was twelve. At least that’s how old that I think that I was; hard to say since I don’t really remember anything before Invergordon.

Eventually I wound up running scrap (or so the manifest said) between Invergordon and Barrier Gate station in a beat up old Rhino, for the Junker that “raised me”. Harmon Rab was his name, Harmon dead now so I’m told. Sad really, I heard that his ship disappeared after a jump through an uncharted Jump hole in the Tau-23 system; was never heard from again in Sirus, or that’s the rumor anyhow. I always figured he’d be around, I guess that was just childish thinking.

After he died, the ship was mine, something about an inheritance, whatever, and I started running freight around Liberty. Which is how I eventually wound up working for my current employer. Incidentally my Rhino freighter wasn’t netting them enough profit, so they gave me a great deal on an old DSE Camara freighter. Twice the capacity of my old cargo hold, boy I sure could make some money with this ship after a while!

Unfortunately, I’m more or less broke, between repairs on my ship, and “insurance” payments (extortion in my humble opinion) to Sirius Insurance Inc. I’m not really making a huge profit. Especially since I still have some retrofitting to do.

/End of entry.
Quote:Log Entry 003

3:51pm, Day 27

It has been some time since I last made an entry, I figure that it's time for an update.

Not much has happened since my last entry; nothing other than crossing the path of some Gateway transports being pursued by a Lane Hacker fighter and deciding that it'd be a good idea to try and give them a hand. Cost me my ship. Granted the Camara wasn't a very elegant ship, nor was it a ship with bountiful space, but it was MY ship. Though, seeing as how it was insured and I was planning on upgrading to a transport with higher cargo capacity, the timing for such an unfortunate event could have been worse.

Now I've got me a used CT-49X, which of course I took the liberty of re-reinforcing the hull, cost me a little cargo space, but I figure that the added durability will probably net me more in the long run than if I had slightly more room to cram more crates in. Besides, what use is a few extra units of cargo if you wind up losing the majority of it in the event of a hull breach?

Oh yes, I'm now freelancing again for whichever company is going to pay me more to transport their shtuff. I decided the guys I was previously working for, (who still can't be mentioned without violating my NDA contract.) wasn't worth what I was expending on operating costs in comparison to the profits from each run.

Now I'm running cargo for Interspace, it's hardly lucrative, but it pays a bit more. Especially now that I can move more goods for less time spent.

Anyhow, I'm almost to my destination so it's time to sign off.

/End of Entry

Time to start moving around Sirus. These mild entries are getting old.