Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Network: S8‹›5F [ARCHIVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: iO7z9dm.png]
Section 8

Secure Network Terminated

Participants:

Captain Catherine Hawkins, Section 8

Commodore Christopher Edwards, Fifth Fleet

Captain Mary Uhmen, Fifth Fleet

[Image: 9urGfE0.png]
Section 8

[ Incoming communiqué ]

Sender ID: Hawkins, OCR-54
Receiver ID: Network: S8‹›5F

"Introduction"

Welcome to our new communications and information network, Commodore Edwards.

This network is hosted by Section 8 and is as secure a line of communication as can be. We will upload and share our intelligence data here. If we have any other communication to share with each other, we can do so here, too.

I look forward to working with you.

Hawkins out.

Section 8

[ Incoming communiqué ]

"Assets"

Edwards,

For consistency's sake, I will reupload the list of currently assigned task force elements here. Changes will be amended here, too. Commodore, if possible, command requests a written confirmation of the Fifth Fleet's agreement to allow Section 8 assets to operate within Liberty space.

Addendum:
Section 8 units have been designated with a suffix for easier identification by Fifth Fleet units.
Example: Callsign|S8

Section 8, Liberty assets:
  • Unto.Nightfall|S8
  • Vigil-1|S8
  • Vigil-3|S8
  • Vigil-7|S8

[Image: 113cbb7e5d67b92ef404413c3110d9cd5f-3.png]

[Image: Webp-net-resizeimage-7.png]

Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet
Incoming Transmission

SENDER: Commodore Christopher Edwards
RECIPIENT: Network: S8‹›5F
ENCRYPTION: Omega
SUBJECT: Terms
PRIORITY: High

Beginning Video Feed

Hawkins,

First of all, replying to the last communication you sent, I would like to thank you back for even considering to ask me if the Fifth would agree to the terms you initially proposed in space. I, too, would be glad if this ended up in a fruitful relationship between the Fifth and the Section 8.

Moving on, the creation of this network is an excellent idea and I trust you that this is the most secure line the Order can offer. Below I will attach the updated terms list that we agreed on in space during our earlier meeting.

Terms of cooperation between: Fifth Fleet - Section 8
  • Intelligence gathered by Section 8 units on Auxesian forces, movements, and relations will be filtered and forwarded to Commodore Christopher Edwards, Fifth Fleet, on a secure channel.
  • Intelligence gathered by the LNS Akhetaten on Nomad forces, movements, and relations within Libertonian space and other relevant systems will be forwarded to Captain Catherine Hawkins, Section 8, on a secure channel.
  • Section 8 units will assist the LNS Akhetaten in combat against Auxesian and Nomad forces as well as in other emergencies where discretion can be maintained.
  • The LNS Akhetaten will assist Section 8 units in combat against Auxesian and Nomad forces as well as in other emergencies where discretion can be maintained.
  • Section 8 receives permission to operate within Liberty without hindrance by Fifth Fleet elements. The Fifth Fleet does not take any responsibility for actions that may follow if Section 8 forces are caught by other Law Enforcement entities.

Commodore Christopher Edwards
Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet

Concluding Video Feed

Attachments:
None required.

Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet
Incoming Transmission

SUBJECT: Nomad readings, 30/03/828

Beginning Video Feed

Hawkins,

To start of on the intelligence-sharing part of this channel, I will be giving you access to entry nineteen on my captain's log for the Akhetaten.

. . .Access granted. . .Entry#19. . .Click

The following entry describes the closest I've been to losing my mind in a while. The Gallic Navy ship that was sighted was definitely an odd reading by itself, the nomad lifeform that appeared a few moments later and instantly disappeared however was something more than just an odd reading.

After the events mentioned in the recording, I brought the Akhetaten on Norfolk for routine check-ups. It should be noted that no damage or any sort of malfunction was found on her scanners.

That is all.

Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet

Concluding Video Feed

Attachments:
None required.

Section 8

[ Incoming communiqué ]

"Amenhotep"

Edwards,

The following short report is related neither to the Technocracy nor the alien threat, but may be of mutual interest regardless.

Yesterday, at 1320 hours SMT, we encountered the INS Amenhotep near a pirate port in the Edinburgh system. A brief dialogue with the ship's captain ensued but failed to reveal any information of value. According to Overwatch databases, the Amenhotep's captain and crew defected and hijacked the ship some years ago to join your fleet. There appear to have been no official reports of sightings of the ship since.

I assume you can imagine that any information the Fifth Fleet may have on the Amenhotep and her captain would be of considerable interest to both Section 8 and Overwatch. Seeing as the ship is a commandeered Order vessel, a former Fifth Fleet asset, and now flies your insurgency's colors, some cooperation in this regard should surely be taken into consideration.

Hawkins out.

Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet
Incoming Transmission

SUBJECT: Amenhotep

Beginning Video Feed

Hawkins,

I see you met the infamous Amenhotep along with her equally infamous and unkind Captain who's name I cannot be bothered enough to remember. He along with the Amenhotep are wanted for treason. I would be careful around him, Hawkins. This man is known to be more unstable than a child, his attitude constantly confirming this.

I am surprised he spoke to you for more than five minutes, he's known for setting off his cloak the moment a hostile ship shows up on scanners.

The Amenhotep is a known name around the Fifth Fleet and she is a top priority target for capture or destruction. Therefore making her a target for both the Order and the Fifth Fleet.

I thank you for the intel you've shared, as little as it was.

Be careful of that ship, Hawkins.

That is all.

Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet

Concluding Video Feed

Attachments:
None required.

Section 8

[ Incoming communiqué ]

"Auxesian-Nomad Relations"

Edwards,

Today, at approximately 1530 hours SMT, a reconnaissance flight launched from the Unto Nightfall for the purpose of scouting the Inverness system. At roughly 1540 hours SMT, the recon craft entered the vicinity of Valravn Citadel, a Technocracy stronghold, where it discovered the presence of a small Auxesian force consisting of a Bullhead-class battlecruiser and a heavy bomber. Far more disconcertingly, a large Nomad warform of the Ish'tar type appeared to be accompanying the Auxesians without any signs of hostilities between both parties.

As the Nomad opened a hyperspace breach, our pilot chose to perform a high risk maneuver and approached the alien craft for a detailed scan before it could make the jump. Our operative succeeded, but at such close range he could not avoid being decloaked. Regrettably, he was unable to escape. A search and rescue flight was able to recover the ship's blackbox. The stored recordings will be attached below.

Make of this information what you will. It, however, seems apparent that the Technocracy is cooperating in some manner with the Nomads and may therefore pose a far larger threat to Liberty, Crayter, and Bretonia than previously believed.

Hawkins out.

Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet
Incoming Transmission

SUBJECT: Auxesia

Beginning Video Feed

Hawkins,

The information you have provided me with is undoubtedly invaluable. Unfortunately, your operative did not manage to intercept any transmissions from the Auxesians towards the Nomad lifeform and that is a shame. However, that interaction alone will suffice in confirming the rumors going around that Auxesia has been cooperating with Nomad forces.

Thank you for sharing this information, Captain, it will be forwarded to my superiors for evaluation.

In the future consider equipping your operatives with higher quality scanners, it would be a shame if more lives were lost in this cause.

That is all.

Liberty Navy Fifth Fleet

Concluding Video Feed

Attachments:
None required.

Section 8

[ Incoming communiqué ]

"Conduct"

Commodore Edwards,

Our recent encounters have left much to be desired in terms of your conduct. First, our scout report indicating that a naval task force under your command encountered an Auxesian unit of similar strength within NATO territory and allowed them to depart without interference. Second, yesterday's encounter in the Kepler system. Not only is it arguably unwise to deploy a battleship into a dark matter storm, but you did so in the presence not only of Auxesian ships, but a large Nomad warform. May I remind you, Commodore, that the Auxesians are enemies of the Republic and Nomads are enemies of humanity. Your disregard for appropriate procedure was worrying, to say the least.

Section 8 appreciates the ongoing cooperation with the Fifth Fleet. However, this reckless and outright questionable conduct of yours can not be ignored, as it endangers not only your ship and crew, but Section 8 assets as well. I would recommend you reevaluate your behavior, both towards Auxesians and towards the Nomads, for the sake of a continued, productive cooperation between our parties.

Hawkins out.

Pages: 1 2 3