Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO: Oliver Myles, BAF|A Admiral | From: Anna Kwiatkowska, BRF Flag Officer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
>>> INCOMING TRANSMISSION <<<

To: [Oliver Myles, Vice Admiral of the BAF Auxiliary]

Priority: [High]
Encryption: [Military grade]

Good day Admiral,

as we talked previously over the communication, I'm sending you recording from our black box before we were forced to withdraw. More details are also included in HMS Minotaur's ship logs. From that black box recording is notable, that even gauls themselves were quite surprised seeing the Vatan, as the GRN La Grandiere had to give order to ignore it.

I'm including testimonies from my senior bridge officers - including executive officer Nigel Darrow. We all heard 'Your made a mistake by coming here. Die Bretonians.' within our heads. All of us were evaluated later by chief medical officer, but there was a little to none possibility of shared hallucination. All of us remember that encounter clearly.

We don't have any possible explanation for this, so I'll not draw any conclusions.

Flag Officer Anna Kwiatkowska
CO of HMS Minotaur
Bretonia Royal Forces

>>> MESSAGE END <<<
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Ceylon
To: Flag Officer Anna Kwiatkowska, BRF

Good day,

Thank you for forwaring this incident report to me. On to the important matter at hand, due to the lack of video recordings regarding the specified vessel, I can only speculate that the warship is a prototype of a new Gallic ship design. That is the only logical explanation behind the fact that the Gauls were surprised by its appearance on the battlefield.

More concerning, however, is that the crew of your ship has heard voices in their heads - from our available information, that is caused by the presence of a nomad form close-by. I suggest a throught medical examination of the crew. That is all.

Oliver Myles
Vice Admiral of the Auxiliary
Bretonian Armed Forces, Auxiliary

Open for Replies
>>> INCOMING TRANSMISSION <<<

To: [Oliver Myles, Vice Admiral of the BAF Auxiliary]

Priority: [High]
Encryption: [Military grade]

Good day Admiral,

my crew, senior officers and me have been checked already. We've had our experience with those 'Nomads' before, one of those creatures appeared when we've been intercepting Corsair taskforce near the Cambridge's fields under your command.

Nevertheless, we'll keep any eye out for this mysterious gallic vessel if we are to ever cross it again and keep you informed if that happens. It appeared out of thin air and armed warship like this can pose serious risk, especially if it belongs to the royalists.

Flag Officer Anna Kwiatkowska
CO of HMS Minotaur
Bretonia Royal Forces

[ No Data Attached ]

>>> MESSAGE END <<<
| INCOMING TRANSMISSION |

[Image: 31UoLUD.png]

Sender ID: Flag Officer Anna Kwiatkowska, BAF|A
Recipient ID: HMS Minotaur
Subject: Requisition
Priority: Low

Good day,

I thank you for my recent promotion to the ranks of BAF Auxiliary Fleet, but I'll have several requisition requests.

First and foremost - critical warship equipment.
Firstly - I want to officially request change of configuration for HMS Minotaur. I want to replace one cerberus-type turret by TL-12 Cryogenic 'Mortar' Antimatter Projector, along with its barbette and targeting equipment.
Reason: 01/05/828, during our engagement with Corsair warship, we lost one of our 'cerberus' turrets. It was later replaced by spare TL-12 Cryogenic Antimatter Projector, which gave us more tactical options, yet this modification was done in haste without proper shipyard equipment and its mount is not fully compatible with 'mortar' weapon system.
Secondly - I would like to replace our Grade-6 'Harvey' armor plating with any available Grade-8 armor plating.
Reason: While Grade-6 armor plating is acceptable, it's on the lower end and many of our foes have better armor plating than we do.

While HMS Minotaur was launched in fully combat capable state, some secondary and non-critical equipment was not available in sufficient quantities for the ship at the time of its launch.

I understand that Bretonia can't spend money on luxury at this moment, yet the missing equipment is mostly related to the quality of life of enlisted personel. They are mostly lacking sufficient number of laundry machines to keep their uniforms and clothing clean as requested, our vessel as lacks one third of its interior passage panels, so bulkheads and other equipment are exposed in crew areas. Not only it does not look well, but it's also safety and health hazard (tripping, noise levels).
We were also issued with station-type mk VI lockers, which are larger and take more space than standard-issue warship lockers type C, so we have fewer of them and the lower ranking crewmen has to share them. We also lack some furniture like tables and chairs, but these are the least important for now as we can solve it by other measures for the time being.

In short, by some mishaps in logistics, my crewmen are more stressed than usual when we are on active duty, which could lead to some morale issues later on, especially if we will have to rely on our own amenities for a longer period of time.

We will be glad for any allocation of resources in this matter, as it will give my crewmen hope, that their crew amenities will be fully operational and these conditions are only temporary.

Anna Kwiatkowska,
CO of the HMS Minotaur,
BAF, Auxiliary Fleet

| END |
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Ceylon
To: Flag Officer Anna Kwiatkowska, BAF Auxiliary

Good evening,

After closely reviewing your equipment requsition requests and discussing with the rest of the Admirality, your requests have been approved. The dockmaster at Portsmouth Shipyard will be awaiting your arrival, as such, turn in your ship at the drydock at the earliest possible opporunity.

The requisition of non-critical and secondary equipment is approved as well; all the necessary materials and equipment will be ready at the drydock in Portsmouth, once your ship arrives. As part of the refit, the Minotaur will receive more laundry machines, a new set of improved interior passage panels to cover the entire ship and most importantly, replacement of the station-type lockers in favor of the standard warship-type lockers. However, there is a lack of available furniture for transfer on the shipyard at the present time. The Minotaur will have to return to drydock in the future for a replacement of the furniture on board the warship.

Lastly, do not forget to load the tea rations. Should there be a need for any other equipment, inform us.

Oliver Myles
Vice Admiral of the Auxiliary
Bretonian Armed Forces, Auxiliary

Open for Replies
| INCOMING TRANSMISSION |

[Image: 31UoLUD.png]

Sender ID: Flag Officer Anna Kwiatkowska, BAF|A
Recipient ID: HMS Minotaur
Subject: Requisition
Priority: Low

Good day,

I thank you, admiral. HMS Minotaur is already moored at Portsmouth Shipyard and awaits drydocking. According to the shipyard's office - armor and barbette replacements will take around two weeks. They'll also finish ship's interior and most of its amenities at the same time.

As such, HMS Minotaur will be unavailable for active duty until 21/05/828. I've signed few leave permits during the repairs, but most of my crew is ready to serve - on another vessel or dispersed through several vessels for training purposes, until our vessel is fully operational again.

Anna Kwiatkowska,
CO of the HMS Minotaur,
BAF, Auxiliary Fleet

| END |