Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Error when accessing accounts in the DSLauncher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I reinstalled Windows in order to put it on a m2 SSD, but kept my Discovery Freelancer folder intact.
When I run the DSlauncher now, I get this error:
[Image: TWqQGND.jpg]

They're still visible under "Recent accounts", but when I click on any of them I get this error:
[Image: oM44HrM.jpg]

I've reinstalled Windows before, but I don't remember having these issues. Could it be because the name of my Windows account is now different?
be sure you're using administrator privileges

First, do you have a backup of your old freelancer accounts from the Launcher?

Second, if you do, use the launcher to restore them.

Third, if you don't, create a new account, (right click on the accounts tab on launcher) then talk to an admin to see if you can get codes for ships. You'll need to ask for at least one ship on each account, ask for help to name ships if you don't remember.

Link for lost ships or accounts
(05-02-2021, 03:50 AM)Machelvanius Wrote: [ -> ]be sure you're using administrator privileges
That didn't resolve the issue.

(05-02-2021, 03:50 AM)Machelvanius Wrote: [ -> ]First, do you have a backup of your old freelancer accounts from the Launcher?

Second, if you do, use the launcher to restore them.
I do have some .adf backups from 6-12 years ago. They definitely don't have all 3 accounts in them, but I can't even import them. I get this error:
[Image: 1lgkLmz.jpg]

Are .adf files for Freelancer account manager only?

(05-02-2021, 03:50 AM)Machelvanius Wrote: [ -> ]Third, if you don't, create a new account, (right click on the accounts tab on launcher) then talk to an admin to see if you can get codes for ships. You'll need to ask for at least one ship on each account, ask for help to name ships if you don't remember.

Link for lost ships or accounts
I'd like to treat this as the last resort as I'm not sure I can remember them all. What file does the DSLauncher normally store account information in?