Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Fiorella de Marco | Event log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

CAPTAIN'S LOG

• Captain - Comandante Fiorella Arianna de Marco
  • Affiliation - Guardia Svizzera, Wenceslau Cartel, De Marco Clan, Malta
  • Vessel - MNS Amalfi, RM-2A 'Storta'-class destroyer

YAESE RESEARCH STATION - 1/3

23/05/828 - After we were forced to withdraw after our damage sustained in the Tau 37 against Gallic forces, we fled through Kusari to Sigma 19 to take our route back to Omicron Beta. We encountered some hostiles in Honshu, so we were forced to take detour through Okinawa System and sneak through it to Sigma 59 where we can hopefully sneak past our pursuers to Sigma 19. With my damaged vessels I was not risking another enounters until it's fully repaired again.

At 2100 - When we were sneaking through dark Aniva Nebula and navigating in slow speed to avoid all those large rocks - we have detected an installation floating near planet Toyohara. As we haven't got any base in here in our databases - I've sounded red alert and prepared damaged cruiser for last stand.
Fortunately for us, station wasn't sending any locking signals at us and there were no signs of powering up shields or weapons. I immediately withdrew cruiser back into the clouds and waited, powering off all unnecessary systems down and just listening to our passive sensors while hiding within dark clouds.

After roughly half an hour of waiting, I've decided to launch a probe towards the base and get readings on what is happening. First probe was lost in the Ania Nebula, second one managed to home on station, take some readings and return back. From what we've learned - station was seemingly abandoned, not responding to the presence of our probe and not transmitting any hails. From few recordings we've recorded - base was damaged.

At 2135 - I've ordered Amalfi to slowly approach the station. Even while we are damaged and not operating at full capacity - I decided to investigate this deserted facility for any useful information we might find.
From its automated transmitters - it's name was Yaese Research Station. I've sent a request to our database and there are no records of such installation in our files. Maybe other Maltese factions know about it, but we are unable to reach out to NeuroNET through the nebula.
Base suffered damage from some unknown cause - our sensors aren't precise enough to tell whether it was caused by gunfire or onboard accident. We also had issues scanning the base as our scanners weren't able to pierce through its shielded hull. Power was running low and life support looked compromised at several decks, but installation looked structuraly sound enough to be worth investigating.

At 2141 - We've sent request to dock - which was approved, but as we maneuvered our cruiser at the mooring point and its mechanism was not responding. As we are not fitted with any snubfighters - we don't have a docking bays to launch and recover them - there was not an option of using them to get some small team aboard the station.

At 2155 - As we were discussing our options, few men volunteered for an EVA operation to get into the station. Conditions were dangerous - a lot of charged debris was floating through this nebula along with increased radiation levels, but they were not discouraged. Our course of action was to carefully monitor patters of floating debris and launch our EVA operation when there were no debris inbound. Using our guns to intercept rocky debris was not an option.

At 2332 - Our EVA team finally managed to get aboard the installation. We've almost lost one man who only closely managed to evade one of those charged flying rocks and we have to recall them two times, but we were eventually successful. Thick plating of the facility prevented us from communicating with our team, so all we could do is to wish them luck as they entered darkened space hulk.
In the meantime - I've assembled another two squads of marines to sweep through the facility once we've managed to activate mooring mechanism from inside.

At 0000, 24/05/828 - After a long and tense waiting - mooring mechanism finally activated and our vessel was secured. As the airlock doors opened my marines were greeted by our EVA team - all were good and healthy. Two squads of marines proceeded to sweep the abandoned facility while our heroes were took into the medbay to received treatment for all those rads they've received as they were floating in the nebula.

At 0400 - Yaese Research Station was searched by my men. Station is abandoned and there are no signs of previous crew. All the computer systems are either locked or erased, which meant that we had no clue about what happened in here. Their portable scanners haven't found any life signs aboard the station. There is a slight problem, however.

We will have to stay here a little longer as two of our marines - A. Sanchez and J. Picani have not returned. Their squad members weren't aware of their disappearance until it was too late. Attempts with contacting them through radio wasn't successful and our ship scanners weren't able to find them either. The only option is to send another men in there. I don't really like this, but as our vessel is not in imminent danger - there is no excuse for not trying to find them. Besides, no Maltese will be ever left behind.

I've set a watch at the airlock and gave my marines a four hours rest before we assemble our seach parties again.

ENTRY END

YAESE RESEARCH STATION - 2/3

By the 0900 - After well deserved rest, my crew is getting nervous. There were no sighs of our two lost marines. Repairs are going well and we might get our vessel fully operational on our own.

There however concerning reports from the crew - they've reporting metal thuds deeper within the installation. Some crewmen also had issues with sleeping. My chief physician will have look on them as soon as possible, while we will sweep the installation again.

This time, I nearly tripled the search party to cover more ground without needing to split up. Search begins.

At the 1130 - Search party found our two missing crewmen - they are both in a state of psychological shock - they are not responsive, so they have been brought into the brig which serves now as quarantine bay. I isolated them from the rest of the crew until all the medical tests prove to be negative and they pose no threat to my crew.

At the 1200 - I have received report from my chief physician - both crewmen bear no marks of physical injury. First stage medical tests show heightened levels of adrenaline in their blood comparable to high states of distress. They remain unresponsive - they walk, breathe, eat and drink, but they don't sleep, talk or respond to the stimuli. It's too early for more detailed results, as their samples are still being examined. We should have a full report tomorrow morning. Until then - I have forbidden anyone from my men to enter the station until we have more answers.

In the meantime - I gave my men more rations and more off duty time to keep them relaxed. Atmosphere aboard the vessel was getting too tense for the comfort.

At the 1800 - Our sensors picked up long range sensor pings originating from the system. We've moved Amalfi away from the station and hidden it between several rocks. If we power most of our systems down and switch our sensors to passive - we should be undetectable for any patrols that venture nearby. This should buy us time to repair our vessel and understand what happened to my two marines. All officers are required to their best to cheer lift the spirit of other crewmen. We are considering to make some event for off-duty crew - small, decent party is the most popular option among my officers.

0300, 25/05/828 - We did our little party, sang few Maltese songs together and held few contests. It was a success, we all cheered ourselves up and lifted few worries of our minds. It as a good idea. Now I have to wait for the medical report and have some rest.

At 1000 - I have received full medical report from my chief physical, although this message is nowhere near complete as we lack many of more advanced medical equipment aboard Amalfi - something that I'll have to correct later.

Chief physicial found those two marines healthy from physicial point of view - there are no signs of pathogens or toxins within their bloodstream. They haven't slept since their incident aboard the station and they are not telling us what happened in there. They are not speaking at all. Their adrenaline levels are still abnormarly high. At this rate - they might suffer heart attacks even with their Maltese physiology within few days. We need to get moving back to Maltese space. I gave my engineers two hours to make the vessel moving again.

At 1203 - As we powered our engines up, half of the ship suddenly shut down. My chief engineer was almost as surprised as me as there were no scheduled repairs around port and starboard power conduits where the failure was located. Both systems were new and chance of sudden failure was very unlikely. Without any other explanation than sabotage - which I thought was very unlikely aboard Maltese vessel without slaves onboard - I'm forced to activate security protocols around critical systems.

A. Sanchez and J. Picani never left their quarantine bay and thus are not responsible for the vessel's sabotage in any way. But what is more concerning - they've became more active as the lights in their compartment went off. They are not speaking or responding to our calls, but what the hell is happening with them?

ENTRY END

YAESE RESEARCH STATION - 3/3

At 1300 - Tighter security protocols are in place - marines accompanied by officers are guarding powerplant, propulsion, communication and weapon system. Morale aboard our vessel dropped down - traitors aboard our vessels are rare, almost unheard of - especially when the crew is assembled from clan members. When we catch our traitor I want to know his or her reasons.

Power grid will be repaired in one day - we are stuck in here until then. At least we don't have to worry about outside hostiles in this dark rocky nebula. Our supplies will be running low in two weeks.

At 1530 - Security protocols proved to be effective so far. All teams are intact and they haven't reported any suspicious activity so far. Repairs continue without any incidents.

By 1800 - At the start of the night shift one crewmen is reported missing - marine H. Zales. She is one of those who were searching the station two times, but she returned back without any issues. She was in the squad of A. Sanchez and J. Picani. Right now I don't know if we have another victim or our traitor.

Speaking of victims - A. Sanchez and J. Picani are in coma. My chief physician can only look at them and see how are they going to die. Their bodies are still in shock and does not respond to any treatment. There is an odd case with their brain activity, however, as when my chief physician experienced with it - he noticed how their brains are unusually active despite not responding to any stimuli. We are unable to draw any conclusions from it as our improvised equipment is not precise enough.

At 2200 - A. Sanchez and J. Picani are beyond point of return. We will try to sustain their life functions as long as possible, but there is a little chance of recovery. If we could get back in time to Malta or Zoner medical facility they would have a chance, but we can't repair our grid in time.

Still no sight of H. Zales, almost like sh...

ENTRY INTERRUPTED

Fiorella stopped writing for a moment as she tries to listen all the sudden. She had a feeling that she heard gunshots within the ship. Her walkie talkie buzzes and she quickly picks it up, "De Marco. What's happening?".
"Capo Russo, Team 3, we have encountered Henrietta Zales.", male voice from the device responded.
"What about those gunshots?", Comandante asked and grabbed her large handgun.
"That was her, comandante. In 33-12. She shot five of my men.", replied Capo Russo.
"Where did she go? Call medics and other squads, we are going to encircle her.", Fiorella said into her walkie talkies as she run from her quarters towards port side of her ship.

She run through the darkened corridors of her ship as it was running on emergency power now due to all those power grid repairs, and slowed down only to make more calls over the comms.
As she run around the corner, she was surprised by laser shots coming from the vent on the other side of the corridor. She felt immense pain as her two of those shots hit her left shoulder and scratched her left thigh. She immediately ducked into the cover, holding her gun in right hand and not paying much attention to her dropped radio. Shortly after she stopped feeling sharp pain in her left shoulder as her implanted auto injector dosed her with and extra shot of cardamine. Fiorella felt light headed and world around her slowed down.

Fiorella carefully peeked around the corner trying to spot foe hiding in the vent, but there was none to be seen. She slowly approached the vent and was carefully listening for any signs of her foe. Comandante picks up her radio, pushes the button and says quietly, "De Marco here - Henrietta is not in 33-12, she is using maitenance tunnels to move around the ship. Go to the engineering - she might be going in there - I'll check the other direction.". Man on the radio replies, "Si, we will be there.".

Fiorella walks towards the first aid kit hanging on the wall and opens it as she is searching for the sprayflesh to tend and desinfect her laser burns. Then she crouches down and enters the maitenance tunnel and sneaks slowly forward.
As she crawls through the tunnels, Fiorella hears faint metal noises on the junction in front of her. Full of adrenaline and cardamine, Fiorella sneaks towards the junction with her heavy handgun aimed at the source of the noise and hides behind the corner.

As she peeks out - she notices Henrietta connecting her laptop at the communication array manual override. Fiorella aims her handgun at her head, but as Comandante readies herself to shout at her - Henrietta suddenly turns around, grabs her gun and aims it at Fiorella with her crazed eyes wide open.

Pew! BLAM! Brrzzt!

Fiorella sighs with relief as Henrietta's headless body falls down on the floor. Broken manual override console sparks with electricity in front of her and she lower her smoking handgun as she sits down. She paid little attention to smoldering hole in the panel near her left cheek, caused by laser shot and slowly cooling down. Fiorella reaches for her radio and turns it on, "De Marco here... I found her, we are at the tunnel 35, junction FB. No need to hurry.".

FINAL REPORT

1400 26/05/828 - Amalfi is fully operational again and we are on our way to Malta. Yaese Research Facility was not visited again. A. Sanchez and J. Picani deceased past midnight from total organ failure caused by unknown condition. H. Zales was indeed our saboteur, but there are no clues about her reasons so far. Examination of her remains proved high levels of adrenaline in her system as with other two victims, yet the reason is unknown. H. Zales' possessions are being examined by my experts. There are no results so far as she encrypted her laptop very well and we will need time to break into it.

Overall - we have 3 deaths, 6 wounded. MNS Amalfi was unreachable from 23/05/828 till 26/05/828 because of the Aniva Nebula.

ENTRY END

ANOMALIES IN KEPLER - 1/2

27/05/828 - Our courier duties take us in many different parts of Sirius. Moving Maltese agents or their sealed packages from one corner of our sphere of influence to another, I never know in what strange star systems and situations I will encounter.

Like today, at 1730, when we were moving thirteen operatives from Liberty back to Omicrons, I decided to take our route through Kusari. Because Liberty is becoming too hot for us these days, especially when moving alone and unsupported, we took quicker route through Kepler. A darkened, chaotic system, that is absolutely perfect for sneaking through when we we want to cross borders undetected.

When we arrived at Ames Research Station, we turned to starboard when we detected a ship deeper within the storm. Seeing its IFF as 'friend', we moved to investigate and hail such vessel. It turned our to be Junker's CSF vessel designated as 'Nina Deimos'. But it wasn't responding to our hails. Clearly, something was very wrong as we moved closer and it wasn't just the silence of said freighter.

We have found a civilian liner, trapped and torn between three anomalies of some kind. Our sensors went haywire and unable to give us any clear information. We re-calibrated our sensors and tried to find any life signs aboard the Junker vessel, but there weren't any. So we shifted our attention to trapped liner - something about it was very, very wrong. the longer i stared in its blackened windows, the more I had a chilling feeling back on my neck, that someone or something is staring back at me... I'm can't describe or explain it, but that's what I felt.

As our sensors weren't able to pierce through anomalies' interference, we tried to launch a probe at it and try to establish stronger two way communication with any survivors in there. This plan proved to be unsuccessful as we lost contact with our probe.

Our investigation was cut short by two unexpected arrivals - an LSF looking vessel designated as 'Hurricane', bearing ID code 'D9' - presumably its unit's designation of some sort - and some unknown, yet massive signature appearing at the passive range of our sensors. I decided to vacate the area as this was a very dangerous situation. I moved Amalfi away and decided to return later.

UNEXPECTED VISITORS

I moved my vessel to the Eastern parts of Kepler System, when I detected zoner carrier designated as 'Flash Magnus'. I hailed the vessel and decided to investigate sudden appearance of such large vessel in here.

After a short conversation - it stated its clear purpose in Kepler - the vessel and its crew are some sort of zoner unit tasked with hunting nomads and their human thralls, and they've come here to investigate. Curious to see where all this will lead - I decided to follow it.
When we were half way to the anomalies, we've met 'Hurricane' again and it was clearly puzzled about Zoner vessel as we were. When I thought I'm not going to buy his stories about nomad sightings in Kepler - an Auxesian vessel 'AXI-F-3242' was hanging around as well. And these ones have been seen near nomads by Maltese spies some time ago. A very suspicious situation, to say at least.
But before this situation could develop into something worth reporting - a rogue bomber 'Pirate Bomber 03' appeared at scene and decided to pirate Zoner capital ship on its own. Before the long fight could end, I decided to move away and deliver our operatives back to Malta.

CONCLUSIONS

We haven't been clarify what was happening there. Our sensors are too sensitive to deal with this kind of interference. From the little information we have gathered we aren't to tell much thanks to our limited science equipment.

Recommendation - Return to the area as soon as more advanced sensors and science equipment is obtained. This anomalous area might provide some interesting findings.

As for the involved entities - our involvement with them was brief and more encounters will be necessary. We will have to be especially careful around Auxesian and 'D9' entities, as they can pose a real threat to us as well as our more regular operations in the area. Pilot 'Pirate Bomber 03' might be very interesting combat ally when we will find ourselves operating more directly within the Liberty space. He is surely brave and willing to strike.

ENTRY END

ANOMALIES IN KEPLER - 2/2

29/05/828 - It's been two days ago since I've seen that dead ship levitating suspended in anomalies in the Kepler. I've seen it in my dreams. A moment as I stood on the bridge and stared into the darkness in its dead windows... and it stared back at me.
I can't stop myself thinking about it - I can't stop pondering about it. I'd like to come up with some plausible scientific explanation, but I can't yet. There are things that I don't know and can't explain. But I want to know answers - I need to know them.

Not at the expense of my duties - so I planned my return to Kepler in advance - I took courier assignments, that would inevitably lead me through Kepler. I need to look around again.

OLD RELICS AND DEAD SHIPS

We have returned to the Kepler as I planned - once we picked up everything we have needed from Alcatraz Depot, we have moved to Kepler to make a run to Omicrons through Kusari. I've heard that there is some route from Liberty to Omicrons, but I wasn't able to confirm those rumors yet.

We have began sweeping the system for any more clues. Kepler's storm made our sensors inaccurate and nearsighted again, but as we moved our vessel through asteroid fields - we have found pieces of abandoned infrastructure - which was dating back to 784 A.S. when this system was hit by Dark Matter Storm. It was just a strange sight to see these old non-functioning tradelanes hovering in the Kepler's storm after all these years.

But as we moved and surveyed the system slowly, we stumbled upon another anomaly - this one was different. Our sensors were unable to read it correctly, but it was as powerful as those three encountered two days ago. And same as with those previous sightings - there was another civilian vessel trapped within it.
We launched probes at the trapped vessel to look for survivors, but we lost control over the probes - first one crashed and shattered against its hull - the second landed and attached itself to the vessel, but stopped communicating with master control.
Same as before - I couldn't help myself, but stared into the derelict's windows as if my eyes were to provide more useful and accurate information than our overwhelmed sensors. But it was just my imagination playing with me. It isn't possible that anyone, anything, can survive in such proximity to that anomaly.

WISP

With no more insight into these matters, I've decided to face that trapped liner where my feelings of uneasiness were the strongest. As much as I hate to admit it - I was even afraid. But as we moved towards its last known location, our sensors began tracking some moving anomaly within the fields.

I initially dismissed as a malfunction, but then it came to our active sensor range - it was not an anomaly, but something alive. It looked like a nomad lifeform, but I've never seen anything like this before. It was lacking typical nomad body and it had no weapon - glands? At least nothing that our sensors could find.
It looked like it was mostly from tendrils and some giant eye. When I saw it, I remembered about the stories of old when The Spirits were guiding some of us and guarding our dead. Long before they armed themselves and became threat to all humanity - including us. Is this just another nomad warform with weapons we aren't able to identify yet or it was a spirit from our ancient past?

It appeared only briefly, so nothing can be concluded from this. Nor it was 'speaking' to us or giving any of us visions. It just made a few quick flybys around our vessel and disappeared into the darkness.

But whatever is true - this could explain presence of Auxesian vessel as well as the 'alien-hunting' zoner vessel we have me two days ago. Were they after it? Does it appear more frequently in here? What does it even do in here?
I gave it nickname Wisp for any future reference as it reminded me 'ghost light' from fairy tales. Who knows, it might even led all these unfortunate ships to their doom.

After all of that - I continued on my way to Malta. More questions than answers and more things to think about. I hope I'll not get distracted too much.

ENTRY END

UNUSUAL RESCUE

09/06/828 - While we were patrolling in Omicron Beta, we have received emergency broadcast that Maltese vessel HS Campeador has been lost in Sigma 17. We interrupted our patrol and moved to their assistance as fast as we could. I was expecting complications or delays caused by GMG, Bounty Hunters or Corsairs in Sigmas, so I ordered all crew to their battlestations.

We arrived at the vessel's last known location and there were no signs of it. As it was heavily damaged, we assumed that it moved into the nearby Kunashir cloud to lick its wounds or shake-off its pursuers. But as it turned out - it wasn't there nor any signs of it.

Then, my navigator Julia Ferri, had an idea - Campeador might has been crippled and was drifting from its last position ever since its last transmission. Without any other clue at our hand - Julia calculated its point of origin and last known vector. With all of this at our disposal - we engaged cruise engine and we were hoping to find it soon.

But, at the fair distance from Sigma 17 solar system - there were no signs of Campeador either. And then, the strange thing happened. It's hard to describe, but I've received visions and feelings about our lost vessel. It was too clear for it to be just a mere hallucination. These visions proved to be true - we found our lost vessel and brought it back to Malta.

VISIONS

While the rescue itself was mundane and luckily uneventful, the means how I knew where to find the vessel troubles me the most. When I was standing on the bridge as we were searching beyond the boundaries of Sigma 17 solar system, I've been receiving - visions?

They were a bit blurry - like a dream - but they've felt sensible enough. I still recall how I was looking at the Campeador drifting in the void, feeling their need for help. It was so surreal, yet it was also truth and I've found the vessel thanks to this.

I've met nomads before, but their messages were simply, usually limited to just feelings of anger. And they also been nearby - hidden or visible - it doesn't matter. But there were no signs of it - no sensor interference caused by their masking or its presence on our passive sensors.
Campeador reported, that they indeed met a nomad vessel and had a brief encounter with it. Was the vessel communing with me, or something else entirely? I feel as puzzled as I was when I met the Wisp in Kepler.

Encounters like this reminds me stories which my great-grandmother told me about 'Spirits' and how they've been guiding our people through visions and guarded our dead. But these benign spirits turned silent and nomads appeared, rampaging through Omicrons and attacking even our vessels.
I'm still not sure if it was a spirit or nomad. I've never had visions like that before, even when I was really high. But if it was a nomad and attacked the vessel with mines - why would it give me visions about Campeador and allow me to save it?

I'll need answers, but I don't know where to look for them now without compromising my other duties.

ENTRY END

NEW WEAPONS FOR AMALFI

"Will this work, Ettore?", Fiorella raised her eyebrow as she looked at her engineer as she was sitting on the desk in her office. Young looking Maltese in engineer overalls was standing in front of her. Both were serving aboard the same vessel - she was even above him in rank - but they were talking with each other like good friends.

"Si, Fiorella.", man replied and nodded at the datapad he placed on her desk. On the screen of datapad were elaborate cruiser weapon system blueprints. At the first glance, the weapon itself wasn't that different from other Maltese cruiser guns. Fiorella picked up the datapad and looked over the blueprints.

"We will not have to redesign our vessel. We can use the same tracking system for them as we use for the other guns.", Ettore said after a moment of silence.

Fiorella looked at him and asked: "Same performance? What is their drawback when compared to our current cerberuses then?".

"Cerberuses are heavier and pack more punch - these guns will be less effective against bigger vessels. I've made comparision graphs on page four.", he replied and pointed at the datapad.

Fiorella browsed on datapad to page four and looked at the graphs and nodded slowly. While her vessel was formidable, some questionable design choices left its belly vulnerable. which was already exploited by hostile snubcraft on few occasions. She always though that cruisers like Amalfi should be as versatile as possible. She looked back at him and asked, "If they are so good, why they are not as widespread?".

"They were made during some secret project and protected blueprint copies like these are only what remains from it.", he answered her question.

"Secret project - grande. It's nice that we have blueprints to some high tech equipment, but we are not able to manufacture this in our workshops. We will need some more advanced facility for that, have you thought about that? What about their mountings and power grid load?", comandante bombarded him with few questions in quick succession, giving her a more annoyed tone at that very moment.

"That's why I came to you, Fiorella. I can take care of modifications - you don't even have to worry about that. But I need your help with securing manufacturing capacities. You've made some friends in higher places, haven't you?", he replied in a more friendly tone, trying to cheer her up a little bit and offer her some solutions.

Fiorella placed datapad on her desk and thought about that for a moment before finally replying, "Si, I've made some wealthier friends. However, one of them already offered some help with our main project, so asking for more wouldn't be good move without repaying favore first.".

"And the others?", Ettore asked her in hope of helping her with thinking this through.

"Malta Hyperspace Fleet...", comandante pondered for a moment before continuing, "Si, I'm on friendly terms with them. I can give them a call and see what their answer will be. They are interested in science and technology, so there is a chance that they will have a production facility capable of meeting blueprint's specifications.".

"Grazie for your initiative and effort, Ettore. These guns might be what we have been looking for. You can go now - I will have to make some calls and indebt myself even more. Arrivederci.", she stood up and took the datapad from the desk.

"Allora a dopo, Fiorella.", he said as he was leaving her office.

ENTRY END

NEARLY DIED

This is the blackbox recording of MNS Amalfi - we have engaged Corsairs in Sigma 17 at 1930, 19/06/828 and lost the battle. We have been seriously damaged and lost contact with our fleet. Our vessel is heavily damaged, some systems are in need of replacement. Bridge took near hits and command crew is in critical medical condition. 23 crewmen and officers has been lost, 81 are wounded.

Vessel is now at unknown location as we are hiding within some Sigma nebula from our pursuers. We lost our sensors and communication array and it will take some time to repair them. Drives and shields are still operational, but at the limited capacity. Primary gun director has been taken out and weapons are now at local control.

Our main goal is to save lives of essential officers and resume our repairs. In order to reduce chance of our discovery, we will have to shut down most of our systems. Luckily, as we stockpiled vessel right before the battle - we enough fuel, provisions and spare parts to last on our own for quite some time.

We have no information about the fate of our other vessels. As we are hiding deep within the hostile territory and will have to maintain radio silence unless necessary. We will need few days for recovery at best before we will return to Maltese space. Let's just hope we will not get discovered.

This entry is made by Carlo Mancini, the chief security officer, as the more senior officers are unavailable at this moment.

RETURN HOME

22/06/828, 13 more of our crew succumbed to their wounds as we were hiding in the nebula. Amalfi's sensor and navigation systems were repaired enough for it to make journey home. As our combat capabilities were still severely limited, we had to use our probes as the means of early warning to avoid detection. GMG patrols were so thorough after our clash with Corsairs, that we had to salvage more parts from Amalfi itself to create more makeshift probes.

Among the chaos of previously lost battle, we retreated deep into the Sigma 13. Without any means of communication and ability to receive commands, we decided to use nebulas to our advantage and moved from Sigma 13 to Omicron Beta, taking detour through jumpholes in Honshu.

MNS Amalfi limped back to the Valletta shipyard without any major incidents besides losing almost all of our probes to hostile patrols. I think that I and my crew deserve some time to rest, recover, see their relatives and mourn our dead at Malta while our vessel will be restored and repaired at Malta.

This entry was made by partially recovered Fiorella de Marco, CO of the MNS Amalfi.

ENTRY END

WOLVES IN THE KEPLER

05/07/828, 2030 - Kepler is a treacherous place. This place haunts my dreams - I still see that twisted and broken liner with its darkened windows, trapped by three anomalies. Within my dreams, someone is watching me from there despite the fact that it's impossible that anyone could survive on that vessel for long. And that's not the only derelict vessel in the system - the whole system serves as graveyard for old and new vessels alike. During my missions - I always return there, hoping to find some answers to my questions.

Well, I'm not the only one who roams that darkened system. I've noticed several freelancers, one independent miner and bretonian bomber flying under Liberty Navy color, as they gathered near Ames Research station. From their conversation, someone led them there. As those freelancers were probably friends or even allies of Liberty Navy, I've decided not to directly reveal myself and remained cloaked in a safe distance from Ames, observing the whole situation. I was badly outnumbered anyway.

They looked slightly spooked, but they had a good reason to be nervous. My scanners picked strange readings around the Ames Research station and strange vessels appeared from the Kepler's storm - being Liberty vessels, but armed with strange looking weapons. Later they have been joined by similarly armed Kusari civilian gunboat. Even their IFF was switched off. And then the visions came - a familiar visions. I've seen visions like that before when I was rescuing HS Campeador.

Nomad, or even Spirit, was explaining the history of this place. I've seen some gate in the darkness, I've heard orders to turn it on and then raging storm and lightning. Was it speaking about the Kepler or something else entirely?

Something interesting was about to happen in here, but our cloaking device was struck by storm's lightning and we were forced to move away in order to restart it and engage it again. Precious moments passed since we were away, as when we have returned - whole meeting was turned into a battlefield. Strange vessels engaged the freelancers, miner and navy bomber, and I've seen them fall one by one. As I do not wish for my vessel to join the Kepler's noteworthy collection, I've departed before those strange vessel could turn their attention to us.

ENTRY END

Pages: 1 2