Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: DSE) | From: '\S/'NX-01
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Connection Established ██
Transmission Opens ██
Civilian Level Alpha Encryption ██
[Image: starfliers_logo.png]
Leon, Starflier NX-01 ██
Deep Space Engineering ██

My name is Leon, and I operate the Bustard known as Starflier NX-01. For a while now my vessel has been experiencing a very specific issue, and I'd like to send in a request for my vessel to be inspected.

My crew and I have come to pinpoint that any sufficient strike towards the hull panels on the nose-end of the ship will result in my Jump Drive activating automatically, bypassing the navigational computer. When this event happens, the ship gets sent to a faraway system. Once it starts, it cannot be stopped and it has landed us in not-so-great sectors of space. I've visited many Shipyards across Sirius and all their crews cannot make heads or tails of this particular defect. This has been present since I purchased it about four months ago. If you need any other information about my vessel before I bring it over to the New York System, let me know. I'll await your response.

Godspeed, DSE.

08.06.828 ██
Transmission Closes ██
Connection Terminates ██
Transmission Opens ██
Leon, Starflier NX-01 ██

RESENDING AUDIO-ONLY TRANSMISSION

08.06.828 ██
Transmission Closes ██
Connection Terminates ██
Transmission Opens ██
Leon, Starflier NX-01 ██

RESENDING AUDIO-ONLY TRANSMISSION

08.06.828 ██
Transmission Closes ██
Connection Terminates ██
[Image: CRu4blZ.png]

[Image: ufLMR0w.png]

Balitmore Shipyard
SUBJECT: Bustard
TO: Leon, Starflier NX-01

New York, Liberty Space

Greetings,

I apologize for the delay in this response to this message.

That certainly sounds like a significant issue, and one that needs to be dealt with. I request that you bring your vessel to Baltimore Shipyard in New York immediately and I will have Ms. Frank inspect your ship and see if we can come up with a solution to this issue.

Was this purchased from Deep Space Engineering? If it was, I believe our warranty will cover the cost of this and any repairs required. If it is not, there will be a small fee of 50,000,000 to be sent to DSE)General.Ledger to assess and complete any repairs or reinforcements.

Of course, this will come with a report and a warrantee on our work for your peace of mind.

Let me know if you wish to proceed.

Sincerely,

[Image: 93f84826b408bc59f3eea8a16f3c6c9b.png]

CEO - Deep Space

Engineering

Transmission Opens ██
Leon, Starflier NX-01 ██
Jess Doe, Deep Space Engineering ██

Greetings. It has been quite some time since my original transmission. Been trying to fly as safely as I can and the event has happened a further two times. This issue has caused us enough trouble so I'll be there with haste. This particular Bustard was not purchased from your shipyard, I managed to secure it from an installation in a system called Omicron Theta. You'll find the funds sitting in your specified account.

Hopefully this issue gets resolved so we have no future complications doing our work.

Godspeed, DSE.

12.08.828 ██
Transmission Closes ██
Connection Terminates ██

Balitmore Shipyard

New York, Liberty Space

Greetings,

Ms. Frank will be awaiting your arrival, and the report will be sent to you upon completion.

Sincerely,

CEO - Deep Space

Engineering

Balitmore Shipyard

New York, Liberty Space

Greetings,

My name is Charlotte Frank, I will be taking care of the inspection and overseeing any repairs necessary on your Bustard. You will find the initial inspection log attached.

As you can see, there are significant issues in the dispersion of the power from the shields, critical damage in the hull panels on the front of your ship, and an electrical error in relation to your navigation computer system. Fortunately, there is no damage to the power supply and this is functioning normally.

I believe repairing all of these damaged components will fix the problem you are having in regards to automatic and unintentional activation of your jump drive, as well as increasing the safety of the ship.

Should you wish to continue on with the repairs, please let me know and I will begin these immediately.

Inspection and repairs of Bustard "'\S/'NX-01", prepared by Charlotte Frank

INSPECTION AND REPAIRS OF BUSTARD "'\S/'NX-01"

This report is unclassified, however it may contain references to classified information and technologies. You may be required to verify your security clearance before reading this document. If you do not have necessary clearance, but require use this report, please consult your line manager for permission.

INITIAL COMPLAINT

Sufficient strikes towards the hull panels toward the bow end of the ship results in an automatic activation of a Jump Drive. Automatic activation bypasses navigational computers and results in the vessel being sent to remote systems.

ADDITIONAL NOTES: N/A

INSPECTION

SHIELD MODULE: Tests completed in regards to the shield module show this is functional, however, functional in this situation does not mean there is no problems. Further testing involving isolating various parts of the vessel show there seems to be an issue when it comes to radioactive environments and electrical interference for any period of time. It is also not sufficient to protect the vessel from significant impact damage. This issue appears to be isolated to the bow of the vessel. Maintenance is required to ensure the power is being adequately routed to the all essential components.

BOW PANELS: The panels have taken significant damage. The damage includes physical deformities, and they show evidence of being exposed to radioactive and/or electrical environments as seen by the discoloring. This appears to be caused by the lack of power in the shield being routed to the front of the vessel. This damage should be deemed critical and urgent repairs are necessary.

NAVIGATIONAL COMPUTER: The navigational computer systems appear to be in functioning order. However, the electrical components are damaged. This damage is critical and has been identified to be located in the front of the vessel. This damage results in the brief disconnection from the power supply to the unit, allowing for the jump drive, upon activation, to override the navigational computer in the short time it takes to swap over to the back up generators for the navigational computer system located in the bridge of the ship. This damage is directly related to the damaged panels on the bow of the vessel.

POWER CORE: Power core is in working order with critical load capacity not being met. This particular power core, in theory, would allow for heavier hardware, including more advanced scanners and jump drives despite the vessel not being able to facilitate these at this point in time. The power core has been identified to be functional and is not likely to be the cause of this problem.

REPAIR LOG

PENDING APPROVAL

TEST LOG

Sincerely,
Repairs & Development Supervisor
[Image: BwgERkv.png]

Transmission Opens ██
Leon, Starflier NX-01 ██
Charlotte Frank, Deep Space Engineering ██

Hail, Charlotte Frank. Pleasure to communicate with you.

Fortunately for me and my crew, we have survived this long without need of repairs, despite the Jump Drive issue. You have the green light to continue with your assessments and repairs. Please notify me when my vessel is ready to disembark. I'll be on deck three of the bar, sitting right in front of the bartender.

Godspeed, DSE crew.

12.08.828 ██
Transmission Closes ██
Connection Terminates ██
Transmission Opens ██
Leon, Starflier NX-01 ██
Charlotte Frank, Deep Space Engineering ██

Repairs are still going? There's time for another drink then!

12.08.828 ██
Transmission Closes ██
Connection Terminates ██

Balitmore Shipyard

New York, Liberty Space

Greetings,

The repairs have been completed, and the report will be finalized shortly. In the mean time, should you wish to collect your ship, please feel free to do so.

Sincerely,

CEO - Deep Space

Engineering

Pages: 1 2