Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ghost-01's Property
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ghost's place

Deep within the main city of planet Manhattan, there was many districts where none would like to visit. The reasons were numerous, but the main one was that only the worst kind of human went there. There were, smugglers, assassins and more. We could say that a lot of murders happened there in a day. Jaison Field's place was in one of those districs. Every night, Ghost-01 returned to his place. From the outside, his ''house'' was totally a mess. The truth was that house was abandoned and with years, the house began to get holes in the walls and on the roof.

Once inside, we could see a real mess in there. The temperature was always near zero degree at night. However, there was only one room where it was not a mess... No two. The first room was dark with red lights. It was there were he slept. Within the room, we could see a basic bed for one person and a support for his weapons and armor. In the second room, again it was dark, but there was purple lights in there. On the walls, we could see a strange logo. There was a table and libraries full of knowledge of tatics, how to get intel and I pass. On the table, there was a book. A strange one that when we saw one like this, we could feel strange and unsecure. In it, it was hand-written.

Ghost arrived after a day that he considered useless because nothing really happened. Before he entered, the man looked around him just to make sur that he was not followed and once all the zone clear, he entered. ''Welcome back Ghost.'' Said a female voice with a strange tone like if there was many people. ''Good evening The Shadows.'' Said Ghost with a deep voice while he closed the door behind him. Ghost walked to the room where was the strange book. ''Did you do a great job today and what happened?'' Ghost answered once he was in the room in question. ''I have met two people and both could be useful if...'' The voice cut his speech. ''Be patient. One day, someone unexpected will join you. Now please, read the book.''

Jaison Field nodded, opened the book and read the first paragraph. ''Before, there was nothing. Slowly, the nothing transformed to Shadows and to the Lights. Totally opposed, but important, the Shadows needed the Lights and the Lights needed the Shadows. If one of them disappeared, the end of the world will come.'' From the beginning, Jaison Field was not talking to people inside his house. In reality, he was talking to himself, but he suffered from schizophrenia. He did not know it, but deeply, he believed he was special that something could talk with him since twenty years already. That something, was ''The Shodows'' a pure fictional thing like religions. The voice began to talk. ''Yes and who will end this world if The Lights or I disappeared?'' ''The Void.''

Ghost-01 closed the book and walked to his chamber. Once he was in, he layed down on his bed. The voice broke the silence again. ''Good night Ghost-01. Tomorrow, it will be a busy day. What I ask to you is: Talk to people and try to get informations about them. Names, jobs and all you can.'' On these words, Jaison feel asleep.

Like everyday nigths, Ghost went at his home, but before that, he stopped at a bar near his property. Inside of the bar, the man walked toward the bartender withou paying attention to the other customers of the bar. Some looked at Ghost like a weirdo and some just did the same as him. The bar was dirty and full of morons of the humanity. Not a place where you can find an officer of the police or from the navy.

''What can I do for ya?'' said the bartender while he spat in a glass to clean it. Ghost did not sat on a chair. He simply stayed on his feet. ''Nothing new?'' ''Instead of that in Omicron Nu there is some actions between the Core and Liberty, there is nothing.'' Ghost already knew that. He slowly began to leave the bartender when a person hooked up Ghost without doing it on purpose. Ghost looked at his right and a girl was there looking at him.

The girl had white skin and long pink hair. Her eyes were green almost lime. ''May I help you?'' said Ghost with the same deep voice. The girl was more surprised by the physic of Ghost. She pushed a little scream of surprise.''Nono... I was just... Your armor is so special.'' Ghost was surprised by her reaction, but he did not show any curiosity toward the young girl. ''In that case, may The Shadows protect you.'' Everyone was vonfused by his words, but for the girl, she was curious. She decided to follow the guy in a respectable distance. Jaison Field was walking toward his house. He felt someone following him so he decided to stop his walk.

The unknown girl stopped to. She wondered why the man stopped. Was he lost? No. It is just the girl who did not know to who she was following. The guy who she followed was trained very well and this method to stop for no reason could give confusion to the follower. The man broke the silence. ''I know you are there. Get out.'' The girl with lime eyes wondered again, but this time the words went out of her mouth. ''How could it be?'' She got out behind of a wall near by behind Ghost. Ghost looked at her direction at the corner of his right eye. ''I simply knew it.'' The girl was beyond surprised. ''H..How?''

''I can't tell you. Some things need to be hidden you know?'' ''I know...'' A bit sad, the girl returned where she came from. Finally at alone, Ghost walked to his house and entered. '' I know... I failed the mission.'' '' It's alright Ghost. You tried and you put some curious. It is just the beginning.'' The voice was right. Ghost took his swords a trained a bit doing some technics. '' Want to know a funny thing? I've brought to officer of the fourthy-sixth fleet in my cargo to the battleship Alma.'' '' Indeed. That will help for your reputation. More you'll help, more they will trust you and perhaps they will give you missions.... The girl, who was it?'' Ghost was not surprised because he knew that The Shadows saw everything. ''An unknown. She was curious, but I did what I had to do.''

Ghost trained for hours with his swords. He thought about what happened in California. He almost jumped in the fight to help the officer, but The Shadows told him to not do it. I wondered if his ship could be a help. The problem was that he never really fought with ships before. Only with fist and weapons Ghost was good at making him a good infiltrator into a base and doing a sabotage mission. Like the other day, Ghost read some chapter of his book and slept after. Tomorrow, when he will have the time, Ghost will maybe send some message to some contacts.
The voice woke up Ghost. ’’Ghost, I would like to go somewhere. It’s time to make a contact again, but this time, it will be within the Omicrons. Find anyone who may be a good contact.’’ The man sat on the bed a bit sleepy. ’’Someone in the Omicrons? I can do that… Any preferences?’’ said Ghost with his deep voice. ’’Someone influential there. I think there is the Corsairs, Outcasts and The Core. Unfortunately, The Order are kinda silent… maybe because of the Core’s empire.’’

’’Understood. So let’s meet The Core then.’’ Ghost was stretching his muscles before doing anything and once this was done, he went to the same bar as yesterday, where there was that girl. He ordered a simple meal, but consistent. When he ate, Ghost only removed the inferior part of the mask, where his mouth was. Willing to his credo, ‘’Never show who you are and never say your name.’’ That was what he was told back then. Of course, doing so made him really ridiculous, but he simply did not care because everyone at this place was already in The Lights.

His budget was beginning to be very low. Just enough to pay for useful things like the gas and the food. It seems, it’s time to offer some services… He remembered it was useful to make archives from people he met. Like this, he could easily remember who is who. Plans made, he decided to prepare some transmissions in advance. However, one thing was missing… an image of him with his armor. He told a guy to prepare the photo ready as fast as he could, but yet, he received no notifications from the guy. Perhaps Ghost was just not patient enough?

Ghost left the bar and wandered the streets. Really, the district was sad. There were children, but they did not play like the others. They fought to survive. They tried to steal food and other things just to survive and some died even if they tried their best. It was then Ghost had a thought. ’’How pathetic… Does the republic know what’s going on and where the real problems are? I doubt so. If I was in their place, it would be much better. Follow The Shadows and be equal. That’s what it should be and not like it is now. Liberty and all the other houses need changes.’’ His thoughts vanished when he saw a wanted poster on a wall. He walked near it to read the details. What he could see was the name of the wanted person and the crime. ’’This person had been pushed to The Lights’s side… Perhaps there is a possible redemption for this one.’’

The supposed guy who was in charge of sending the photo to Ghost said that he could be done late tonight. Jaison Field thought of using an old one for a limited time, but the voice told him to not do that until he got it.

Ghost returned to his house after he helped an officer. To tell the truth, it was The Shadows who told him to do it. He entered and closed the door. ’’The one who was in difficulty handed me ten millions sirius credit.’’ Ghost walked to a room and it was huge and also full of mess, but there was enough space to train. That was what Ghost was doing.

’’I am proud of you. Of course, you need to train more how to fight with a ship, but otherwise, it was a great job.’’ Ghost did some agile movements with his swords and in the void, he did some techniques to disarm the opponent. ’’Plus, it was the third time that I helped the forty-sixth fleet… Do you have planned plans with them?’’ ’’Yes.’’ ’’Can I know the details?’’ ’’Not now, it is to soon.’’ Ghost nodded and continued to train the handling of his swords. There was no doubt, by his moves, we could see a pro… no, a master. Indeed, Ghost has used those swords many years since he was a little kid to be precise.

Ghost ended his training and walked to his bed. Like if it did not surprise him, he did not get the photo wanted that night. ’’Be patient Ghost. Tomorrow, it’s another day and you will get it. Also, I know you did not have the time, but could you go to the Omicrons tomorrow?’’ ’’As you wish.’’ On these words, Ghost slept.
’’That face tells me something went bad.’’ Ghost did not answer. He was pissed because he was not able to manage to purge The Lights. He swore to change for a better vessel as soon as possible. Desperate situations are called desperate measures as we could say. Ghost took a look at ships that were on sale. He saw a heavy fighter. The ship model was the Series QX "Switchblade". From what he saw, he had the money to purchase it. Once his current ship is fixed from the fight, he will head to the base in question. During the waiting, he connected to the simulation to just maybe reconsider his choice. His mind was not changed after the simulation. Ghost stayed on the idea to change his ship.

The repairs of the ship were done and Ghost headed to Omega-5 at the base where sold the ship that he wanted. At Ronneburg Base, Ghost walked to the ship dealer and launched the negotiations. All went well. Jaison got the ship for less than 1 million and headed to Freeport 1 to equip his new ship. Once done and paid, Ghost headed to Liberty to finally arrive at his house.

’’Well… what a *** day!’’ He walked to the room that contained libraries and sat on a chair. He pulled out a little object from his right pocket. The little object was useful because with it, you could press a button and a video was recorded. Also, you could navigate on the neural net everywhere. ’’It seems the forty-sixth answered me… let see. Interesting, the guy who answered is, the Rear Admiral Blake Wayne Van Leer… In other words, he is in the high command if he has this rank… Perhaps if I am in good terms, maybe this one will have good words toward me.’’ Then, the voice of his head came out. ''Indeed. However, I recommend to be careful.'' Ghost nodded and stood up.

Ghost went out of his house and it was late. Within the district where he lived, it was animated at night. Two boys aged in thirties were in front of him and by their looks, they were not friendly. One came closer to Ghost with a knife in his left hand and he was ugly. ‘’You, you will do what I will say ok?’’ Ghost just ignored him and walked away. It was then the guy attempted to attack from the behind, but unfortunately, he did not know who he was against. With an incredible speed, Ghost unsheathed his swords and cut the left hand of the guy. It took a moment before he realized that he lost his left hand and then, a real fountain came out. The friend of the guy who had lost his hand was totally under a terrible shock. He was paralyzed by fear. He begged to be spared. ’’If you tried like your pathetic friend did, you will be like him. Now, go to the hospital with him.’’ It was the only thing that Ghost said before the guy ran away with his friend terribly injured.

Ghost entered the same bar as usual and the atmosphere was different like if someone died or something. At this time, there were ten customers with the bartender, a total of eleven people. ‘’We know what you did, scum! Tonight, it’s your birthday!’’ six people grabbed their guns and five armed with a knife. Trained to deal with that kind of situation, Jaison pushed a table toward the directions of the gunners and hid behind a wall to be safe for a moment. ‘’We know you are there coward!’’ Said a guy. It was only about tactics now and Ghost knew what to do. He grabbed something on the floor, a rock and threw it in front of a guy about two meters away. Distracted, everyone shot there and it was then Ghost started the dance. He rushed on a guy and decapitated his head in one strike. ’’One down.’’ Then, he threw his swords at two guys. The swords hit the heart on the first one and the other one hit the arm of the other guy. Ghost ran, took the sword from the dead body and swung an attack that hit the chest. The guy died. ’’Three down.’’ What remained was three men with pistols and five with knives. Ghost ran while he threw one of his swords to a guy. The poor man ate the sword in his mouth and died. Jaison Field grabbed a gun on the floor and decided to end this quickly. He shot all the other guys in the head. ’’All clear.’’ Because he wore armor, his hands were covered making no fingerprints on the pistol so nobody could find out who did that horrible show. There was only one solution to hide all this mess. Knowing what to do, Ghost set the bar on fire and then, he returned to his house. The bar finished in ashes at the end of the night without being noticed by anyone. ’’What a mess you have made there… That’s for sure, you are someone to not taking lightly.’’ Ghost was tired and just reached his chamber and slept.
Ghost woke up and took a quick look at the news. ’’It seems no one saw the fire. It’s a good thing.'' Once he ate breakfast, he took his ship and headed to the Omegas and Omicrons to maybe have a chance to meet the Core again, but things did not go as planned. He decided to explore and during his explorations, he found interesting things. He contacted the forty-sixth fleet if they were interested, but they said to contact the LSF so that’s what he did when he docked at a base. He stayed there until he will receive an answer from the LSF.

Ghost headed to the bar. Of course, the base was full of soldiers from the navy so decided to keep his profile low. He grabbed his little object and navigated on the neural net. His subconscious brought him to the wanted poster that he saw on a wall near his place. He wondered if what was written was true and the only things to do were to contact the police and also the suspect. Suddenly, the voice talked. ’’Contact her. She could be a friend and perhaps will she join us?’’ Ghost did not answer because he didn’t want to catch the attention. He simply nodded.

Jaison Field did not dare to write a message to the suspect. He perfectly knew it was a bad idea. Also, what would the suspect think about this strange message from an unknown person? Perhaps she would be targeted by Ghost? In any case, he wrote a draft just in case. ’’You know, I suggest you give what you found to someone else than them. I mean, they are too busy to answer us… Well they don’t know what they miss.’’
In Omicron Nu, the actions of the battleship and the speech of the LSF put Liberty as a possible nuisance, but The Shadows know there are exceptions to the rule. Ghost returned in exile of Liberty by himself just to let the time doing its job. He decided to head into Gallic spaces. He never went there before so it is a good thing for him.

While waiting for an answer from the Maquis, Ghost visited the Gallic spaces and ended up at a Freelancer base in Provence. Within it, nobody judged him by his physic and it was good enough for him. In the bar, he talked to the bartender if there were some rumors about Gallia, but nothing.

A man sat near him. ‘’I never saw you here… Who are you?’’ The guy was young, perhaps within twenties and beginning of thirties. ’’We call me Ghost.’’ ‘’I see… A strange name, but it’s better than saying dude or something… What bring you here, Ghost?’’ ’’I can’t tell.’’ The unknown man was confused, but accepted not knowing the purpose of Ghost’s presence. He changed the subject. ‘’Your armor is cool! Where did you get it? I would like to have one like this.’’ Ghost saw an opportunity. He just asked one question. ’’Do you wish to follow the path of mine?’’ The unknown did a yes with his head. Then, Ghost and the unknown man walked to a secret place of the base.

The room was kinda dark and it was difficult to see. Ghost found this room to rest and will use it as a second base. ‘’It’s dark here…’’ Said the man before he was hit on the neck by Ghost who was capable of seeing in the dark. The man fell on the ground and was tied in the room. Just to make sure, Ghost put scotch tape on his mouth. Ghost will need to washbrain the guy before anything, but all his tools were at Manhattan. He had no choice, but to return there. However, if he received a message from the Maquis, perhaps Ghost could find the necessary tool on one of Maquis’s bases?
A fragment of his past hit him while he was scouting the place. Back then, he was simply a kid and he was not like he was now. A man with scars and an eye patch on his right eye. He had grey hair and a beard. His shape was the same as Ghost. He was called ‘’The great ghost’’ in that unknown organisation where Ghost passed his time. The man in question thought everything that he knew to Jaison Field and to some others. His aura spread something nasty, but it was a great advantage for his job.

‘’Jaison, who are we?’’ Said ‘’The great ghost’’ Jaison answered as best he could. ’’We are a secret organisation that operates in shadow. We exist and at the same time not. According to the book we should copy and write, we are also religious.’’ Jaison was right, but the old man within the forties had a smile. ‘’Jaison, you are right… Please follow me.’’ Jaison obeyed. ‘’You are a good student so I want you to do something. Please close your eyes.’’ Ghost stopped having this scene because something got his attention. However, what really happened was; he was drugged and received a brainwash making him believe that The Shadows wrote the book he wrote, but he lost the name of his father and mother. He also forgot when he was born and the place. The old man knew what he was doing and he also erased the humanity of Jaison Field. The reason for all of this was to make Jaison the new great ghost. This kid was just the same as the man because the man in question was his father. Like his father and his father before him did a brainwash to his son. ‘’Like me, you will be a great ghost as well. There is a big destiny before you, Jaison.’’ Said ‘’The great ghost’’ to his son.

After his attention lost on the sound he heard, he was hit again by his past. This time, it was after the brainwash. Jaison had a knife and he was in front of the old man. ‘’ATTACK!’’ Said the man. By doing so, Jaison attacked, but his skills were pathetic compared to the man. With weapons or with fist, both were fighting each other. Jaison’s dad was doing this to improve his son for his future. He thought to Jaison things that he never thought to the others like how to be discreet, how to fight like a master and how to torture. ‘’The great ghost’’ prepared a special training to improve again all that Jaison learned. By doing so, he will be unstoppable. The training was about fighting alone against many opponents. The first level was one and the last was thirty. That’s why in the district at Manhattan Ghost killed ten people easily like a piece of cake. The only thing he needed to learn was how to fight with ships, but an event happened ten years ago when he was in his twenties. What happened, every member of the organisation died due to a disease, but Jaison was not affected by it. He was the only survivor. Traumatized, he was more on the religious side of the organisation even if he did not know it, but he did not lose his skills. He swore to remake this organisation and it was also at the same time he heard more the voice of The Shadows.

Ghost was in his ship and did some verifications to make sure that everything will be fine. After, he walked to the room he left the unknown man and slept at the door ready to act in an eventuality if someone would enter.
When Ghost slept enough, he again left the unconscious guy alone and headed to his ship. Ghost grabbed his little gadget to navigate on the neural net and he received a transmission from the ‘’Front de Liberation’’ a group of Maquis. Ghost did some paperworks to get a ship with a callsign that will not catch the attention of anybody. The only group who will know will be the ‘’Front de Liberation’’. The time passed and Ghost headed back to Liberty just to find something that he forgot. While he was in space, he met a strange person with a strange callsign either. The Shadows warned Ghost that the person was not trustable, but precautions needed to be done, so he will act as neutral as possible… for now at least.

Back at his home, he grabbed what he needed and returned to his ship. Before heading back to Gallia, he decided to wander a bit in some houses to try to get ‘’perhaps’’ some followers, but like always, no one was interested. Ghost thought to maybe open a radio channel, but it was not a good idea though because the police or other security forces could have doubts and investigate. Ghost returned on Manhattan and stayed there for the time being until he will get a notice when his undercover ship will be ready and docked in one of the Maquis bases. Perhaps The Shadows are unknown for now, but Ghost had the intention to influence things a bit. Already, when he was in Texas, he spoke more than necessary and he will continue to do that.
Ghost went into space and he defied authority for the first time, but all went well… for now. There was a navy officer, a police officer, a member of Bristol Construction and an agent from the Order. Jaison Field talked a bit much about him to the vessel Cherry.Blossom and Yellowjacket, but as expected, that made Ghost more creepy, but he did not care because the path he followed made people like him who they were. Strange and all words that may say the same thing. He clearly said he will not touch anyone, but he should have warned that if he is attacked, he will defend himself. After staying in New York for a moment, Ghost headed to Coronado at the Barrier Gate Base A, a freelancer base.

After spending some moments doing nothing, Ghost came back to New York and had some moments of talking with people… A thing he did not really like. Like he did with the police officer earlier during the day, he defied the authority of a LSF agent. Compared to some idiots of this world, he dared to question the actions and or the speech of the authorities. A time will come that everyone will know what Ghost’s formation was. He barely talked about what he had lived since he was a kid. Perhaps will he be hunted because of his ‘’formation’’? Or will he be considered like a mercenary? Only the right moment will say Ghost’s status or should I say only The Shadows know what will happen? Ghost landed on planet Manhattan and like always, he went to his house. The only thing he did was to practice what he had learned from ‘’The great ghost’’. He forgot who he was, but he remembered the intensive training.

Jaison’s past hit him again while he was doing his training. A flashback to say right. He saw a place. Something familiar, but where? The vision continued and there was a book. Now it was clear, it was the room where was the original book of the organisation and then the flashback stopped as fast as it came. ’’Find the book. Yours is not completed. What you have is only the chapters and not the story of the cult.’’ That voice again. There was no doubt anymore. The Shadows wanted Ghost to find the original book. However, Jaison Field had no clue where it could be. Which house? Which planet? The holy mission has begun. One word came out of Ghost’s mouth. ’’Omicrons!’’
Pages: 1 2