Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Technocracy of Auxo | From: Starflier Base
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Connection Established ██
Transmission Opens ██
Technocracy x Starfliers Hybrid Encryption
[Image: starfliers_logo.png]
Leon, Starfliers ██
Technocracy of Auxo ██

Seems this encryption is holding up very well! Thank you again for sending over the 8192-4096-Double Vision interface executable. I'm sure we can use it to increase the security of our data servers too.

I'm here today to inform you that Starflier Base has almost undergone a complete refit. After a few more Heat Sinks and High-Performance Alloys are delivered, construction will finish on three multi-purpose bays that we can use to our mutual benefit. Like in our previous conversation, I have plans to install a couple of research suites. With these research wings, I'd like to formally ask if there are any scientific teams that might like to relocate to Kepler to start working on Rift technology on board Starflier Base? Considering the 600 or so members on board aren't exactly scientists, I'll need teams brought in. What do you say?

06.08.828 ██
Transmission Closes ██
Connection Terminates ██
...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Curator Onyx Statuette
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: IwfkRa8.gif]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Onyx Statuette here.

Offshoring research personnel to the Starflier Base and relocating some of the equipment from the existing labs can be easily conducted, I am not able to find any reasons to decline this offer.

It would need some logistical preparation and, first and foremost, information on the specifics of undergoing project. I know only very basics of what 'Rift technology' is, from previous communications and thus I need details so I'll know whom to send and what equipment exactly will be needed. You can divulge the details, I'll need to determine, will I get personally involved or someone else will be overlooking the operation.

There are also other details I would like to talk over, primarily about confidentiality and how this whole operation will be structured but for now - just some fundamentals of what we're going to do. Need to start somewhere.

Onyx Statuette, out.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
Transmission Opens ██
Albert, Starfliers ██
Technocracy of Auxo ██

Hail, Onyx Statuette. This is Albert. I'm the head of communications and science on board the NX-01.

When we say "Rift Technology", we mean Jump Drives and Hyperspace Survey hardware. I think Leon came up with that as a marketing term. Apologies for the confusion.

Logistics will primarily be spearheaded by me. Between the crew of the NX-01, I know the most about what's going on when it comes to the research wings. Of course, assistance from the Technocracy will be very much appreciated with this project of ours. Talks with the Ames Research Station teams have revealed that a team of 20,000 scientists are needed to run these wings, their recommendation for what we plan do accomplish. I'm sure the space across the two research wings can accommodate that big of a crew.
  • 20,000 Scientists
    • 500 dedicated to keeping the data servers running
    • 2,000 dedicated to researching the Dark Matter Storm
    • 6,500 dedicated to researching and developing Hyperspace Scanning Technology
    • 11,000 dedicated to researching and developing Jump Drive Technology
    • When needed, members of these research teams may transfer to other wings to assist in other projects.
That's the kind of personnel we are after. Of course, we'll need the hardware. We might need assistance assembling these research devices as they do come in parts.
  • 30,000 Robotic Hardware
    • 10,000 new robots, process automation
    • 20,000 new parts, maintenance upkeep of these robots
  • 40,000 Optronics Arrays
    • 15,000 data processing centers, computers that have great input / output speeds
    • 25,000 control nodes, mid-research data security
  • 40,000 Quantum Arrays
    • 40,000 advanced computational systems, assisting the tasks of the Optronics Arrays
  • 10,000 Bio-Neural Arrays
    • 10,000 advanced computational systems, assisting the tasks of the Optronics Arrays
  • 20,000 Magnetic Superconductors
    • 20,000 energy field stabilizers, used to research the inner workings of Jump Drives
  • 20,000 Critical Temperature Alloys
    • 20,000 CTA, used to research the inner workings of Jump Drives

That's it from me. I think Leon also wants to say something, one moment...

Leon, Starfliers ██
Technocracy of Auxo ██

Thank you, Albert.

Confidentiality is a big thing for us, as you probably already know. These research wings we will be developing aren't going to be used for profit. We'd like to develop this technology with your assistance, however long it takes. The fruits of our work shall be shared between us, and not sold to other parties. I hope what both Albert and I have said settles your queries.

07.07.828 ██
Transmission Closes ██
Connection Terminates ██
...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Keeper Revenant
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: 0xuoqVF.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Good day, Leon. I hope you have been well?

We're able to allocate some personnel on lease from Aergia, as they are already focused on these topics in question, so they shall be able to collaborate with you. There is a preference for ensuring that data is safely transmitted without interdiction, so these workers shall be able to bring a duplicated index for your ease of study. We will have to ferry in some affiliates, roughly about six thousand personnel, and assign them their personal guard for their security as we do not have the luxury of allocating all of our scientific personnel from the Core Auxo worlds at this moment of time. Other matters require our dire attention. Once we are wrapped up, we will be able to assign more assistance to your department.

We cannot supply you the manifest, however, some of the goods such as: Robotic Hardware, Bio-Neural Arrays and Magnetic Superconductors can be forwarded from Inverness. We advise you contract a shipping organisation to retrieve the other goods.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
Transmission Opens ██
Albert, Starfliers ██
Technocracy of Auxo ██

Hail, Technocracy. Albert speaking.

Starflier Base's hull integrity is reaching it's peak and the research wings have been completed. All the scientists from Aergia plus our own personnel have situated themselves into their departments. To begin testing of our newly formed research stations, we have started to map out what kind of materials we need to build a small Rift-Jump Drive. With assistance from Ames Research Station and the nearby Pueblo Station, it looks like this task will become an easy one. When this drive is produced, I would like to request that it remain the Starfliers' property as we have something in mind for it. Once our station is operating at 100% efficiency, you may request construction of any Rift-Jump Drive or Hyperspace Scanners and Matrixes. At this time, the entire project is to test if our crew and your leased scientists can work together and create something as tangible and sophisticated as a Rift-Jump Drive.

Godspeed, Technocracy.

27.07.828 ██
Transmission Closes ██
Connection Terminates ██