Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Caden Harlan, CEO, Harlan Freight Co.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: 2XeAWnv.png]

[Image: FoBEUIi.png]
[Image: 8G6w5hp.png]

To: Caden Harlan, CEO, Harlan Freight Co.
Subject:Humanitarian aid contract

Mr. Harlan!

We are glad to hear from you! You can exploit the Gallic Union loophole of their laws not outlawing majority if Sirian haulers despite their xenophobic attitude. They are rebuilding now and won't even stand by their twisted principles if it means greater chance at Conquest in the future. And why would they? Every single one of the leaders of the Union bent their ideals and beliefs one way or the other by working together in unison.

But because they have no principles, you are free to go ahead and admire their ships, even try to copy their designs for all I care. As to the return commodities, do not worry - specify the base in Cambridge and food commodities you intend to haul and we can recommend what you can take back.

Let us know what kind of contract you are looking for - we can offer one to the tune of up to 150,000,000 total.

Hauled commodities required: Any food commodity, I assume from your facility in Cambridge. 150 crates of propaganda from a Maquis base in your last shipment. All commodities are legal in Gallia, but the sinister Union might try to repress both food supplies and freedom of speech - you never know with these maniacs that care little for their own people that divert resources towards making warships while letting their people starve to death.

Your humanitarian act that will help the starving people in Lorraine will be transmitted via a news service of a long reach, providing your company bonus free advertisement, but also the Union will know that you have helped the people on The Front's behalf and that you were working with us. Once again I want to stress that a normal human being wouldn't care who has helped - but they are evil to the bone and might hold that against you.

Let me know if this suits you, and we can begin next week after our calculations are done.

Terminer l'émission,
Lionel Boucher

[Image: e7e07cc5324e317b39bc9d9512bc41c1.png]
< < < Incoming transmission > > >

Encryption protocol: Milton Keynes

Subject: Humanitarian aid
|
| [Image: vpwr5Oh.png] |

|

Ah, Mr. Boucher, I must apologize for the delay in getting back to you, I am afraid we're still getting things sorted over in our new facility.

SInce we are in the midst of refitting and repurposing the facility our shipping capacity is limited by our internal needs, but I believe we can offer to ship up to 20 000 crates of Food Rations and up to 10 000 crates of Luxury Food, purchased at standard market rates in Bretonia.

The local producers in Cambridge assure me they can have their goods ready, in spite of the difficulties in the food distribution chains caused by the war consequences.

A further extension of the contract with the same amounts would be possible in the upcoming weeks.

In addition to the food, I will throw in 1000 crates of the finest Liberty Ale from Manhattan, free of charge. I'm sure your activists among the people would appreciate something to quench their thirst while they work on letting the people know who their true friends are.

Let me know if this works for you and what rates the Front would be prepared to offer for the shipments. We can settle for minimal margins, provided we have an option of sufficiently profitable return commodity.

Sincerely,

Caden Harlan,
CEO,
Harlan Freight Co.

< < < End transmission > > >

To: Caden Harlan, CEO, Harlan Freight Co.
Subject:Humanitarian aid contract

Mr.Harlan,
Here is the final contract we propose:

- 20,000 crates of Food Rations and 10,000 crates of Luxury Food are to be hauled by Harlan Freight Co. on behalf of the Front de Liberation de Gallia from Planet Cambridge to Planet Metz in Lorraine.
- 500 boxes of propaganda to be hauled from any Maquis base to Planet Metz in Lorraine.
- Optional 1,000 crates of Liberty Ale for the people of Metz as your kind optional bonus.
- To be finished by: One month from issue of the contract.
- Payment due on completion - 150,000,000 Credits of your choice
By accepting the contract you agree for your humanitarian aid on behalf the Front de Liberation de Gallia to be made public as the Front sees fit.

Recommended return commodity (non-binding, just a suggestion to make some profit by our Metz contacts):
Cryocubes From planet Metz to Planet Cambridge in Cambridge.

If you agree to above terms, just confirm, start hauling and let us know your bank account when done - you can use this channel as proof of pickup and deliveries.
There wil be people that are ready to support our cause ready and waiting for you to get the food rations and propaganda when you land on Planet Metz that will take it off your hands for distribution.

Terminer l'émission,
Lionel Boucher

Encryption protocol: Colossus

Subject: Contract offer
|
| [Image: vpwr5Oh.png] |

|

Mr. Boucher, I am sure you will be very glad to hear we find your terms satisfactory.

We will begin shipping the contracted goods in the coming days and will keep you updated regularly of the progress made.

I appreciate the offer from your local Metz contacts about the possible profits on the Cryocubes commodity, though I must note my slight disappointed as I was actually hoping for something more ... inviting.

Having said that, I perfectly understand that the Front is not willing to allow the possibility of compromising their suppliers / contacts in various orbital facilities for acquiring discounted commodities during such a delicate operation.

You will find the documents with the terms of the contract attached. If you accept the automated signature form the document will be automatically updated.

Sincerely,

Caden Harlan,
CEO,
Harlan Freight Co.

Encryption protocol: Enigma

From: Diana McIntyre, Logistics Department, Harlan Freight Co.
Subject: Delivery report
|
| [Image: uxlAh7Z.jpeg] |

|

Dear Mr. Boucher,

I am sure you will be happy to hear we have started shipping the contracted goods to Planet Metz, Lorraine System.

The transports Tern and Petrel have been assigned to work on the contract.

Unfortunately Captain Green, commanding the Petrel, ran into some issues with the Gallic government and has been detained due to some bureaucratic issues.

Mr. Harlan has been working hard on getting him released and back to shipping.

So far the shipment of Luxury Foods has been completed, along with a portion of Food shipments. Due to the government confiscating the data we have so far been unable to acquire confirmation data for the goods shipped by Petrel and Captain Green, but you will find the logs of the Tern attached:

Status
  • Luxury food - completed
    10 000 / 10 000 crates
  • Food rations - in progress
    800 / 20 000 crates(7000 units awaiting confirmation logs)
  • Liberty Ale - ready to be shipped
    0 / 1000 crates
  • Propaganda - arranging shipment
    0 / 500 crates

We will make sure to send you the logs of the Petrel as soon as we manage to get Captain Green released.

Cordially,

Diana McIntyre,
Logistics Department,
Harlan Freight Co.

Encryption protocol: Navaho

Subject: Delivery report
|

|

Dear Mr. Boucher,

the contracted shipments are progressing as expected, and we will be making the last run in the coming days.

We have managed to secure the release of Captain Green and the Petrel, but the Gallic government has so far refused to let us access the Petrel's logs, citing security issues and fears of industrial espionage. We will continue to ask for access, through official and maybe even... ahem ... less official channels.

Status
    10 000 / 10 000 crates
  • Food rations - in progress
    11000 / 20 000 crates(7000 units awaiting confirmation logs)
  • Liberty Ale - ready to be shipped
    0 / 1000 crates
  • Propaganda - arranging shipment
    0 / 500 crates

From what the captains have told me, your people and the Metz inhabitants are certainly more well-mannered than the government officials, despite living in much more grave, and in the case of Metz natives, at times even squalid and pitiful conditions.

Cordially,

Diana McIntyre,
Logistics Department,
Harlan Freight Co.

To:Diana McIntyre, Logistics Department, Harlan Freight Co.
Subject:Excellent work so far

Well, that is nothing new to us. The Union welcomed war criminals and guilty nobles with open arms and re-integrated them into leadership positions like nothing happened. They are a military state that churns billions into modernising their army quickly yet ignoring their starving people. They are embroiled in self-serving bureocracy and xenophobia. Soon the people of Lorraine will be standing infront of a choice to become Independent from the Union, and you are helping them to make the right one.

We thank you for making Gallia better, our Fae contacts planet wide I believe are helping to re-distribute your much needed help.

I have met with one of your haulers personally and you are indeed efficient, choose intelligent paths that, would you believe it, actually lead through Maquis controlled hidden areas of space. Keep going, we are most impressed!

Terminer l'émission,
Lionel Boucher

Encryption protocol: Comanche

Subject: Delivery report - contract finished
|

|

Dear Mr. Boucher,

we are glad to report all the arranged shipments have been completed.

We have also managed to ... acquire ... the missing logs. Though it came at a price. The Unione Corse have been very cooperative in our mission to procure the confiscated records.

Captain Bates has reported that the propaganda delivery went perfectly. She has commended your operatives that provided her the propaganda boxes at Chambery base and kept the unsuspecting government agents busy.

Status
    10 000 / 10 000 crates
  • Food rations - completed
    20000 / 20 000 crates
  • Liberty Ale - completed
    1000 / 1000 crates
  • Propaganda - completed
    500 / 500 crates

We have also came into contact with one of the Corse agents who pointed us towards an official who runs a facility scavenging the many battlefields of Gallia. We made him an honest offer and he agreed to trade us some of the Military Salvage for our return trips. I'm sure it was only the non critical systems but it will be very helpful in building a database on materials and technology of Gallia and we can also sell it once we are done with the analysis.

Mr. Harlan is pleased that this cooperation, in spite of being humanitarian in nature and the constant sabotage attempts by the official government has proved quite lucrative and will be happy to offer our services to the Front in the future.

Cordially,

Diana McIntyre,
Logistics Department,
Harlan Freight Co.

To:Diana McIntyre, Logistics Department, Harlan Freight Co.
Subject:Excellent work so far

Excellent job, 150,000,000 wired to one of your vessels.

The Corse
We are glad they helped you recover your records. When it comes to getting things done you made a good choice going to them, they are friendly and helpful, unless you believe in the rumors that is.

Military Salvage
This is peculiar - the Gallic companies are extremely unlikely to provide you with anything working from their newer models. We are on the opposite spectrum - a 3rd party helps us acquire salvage, but we utilise mostly paradoxically for the union outdated Ex-Council technology our bases and engineers can operate with. If you are interested in relatively modern salvage and someone who doesn't care about how many secrets about the Union's technology get revealed you might want to send us a separate communication in terms of how to get it from our allies' extremely well hidden facility

I would ask you for a favour if you please - we are looking for stories from Planet Metz - how did people feel that Sirians provided the famine stricken planet supplies, what is the general mood about the Union planet wide about the Union that spends redources on building modern warships instead of feeding Lorraine. If any of you will have the time please submit it to our special file.

The Front wants to hereby thank you for your help to the people of Gallia, and we will have you in mind if further assistance will be needed.

Terminer l'émission,
Lionel Boucher