Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: »: | Xeno Alliance Commander - Talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
¬ COMMID: Mary Ward
¬ RECIPIENT: Alliance Commander

This is Quartermaster Ward of the Lochrath. We had the pleasure of crossing one of your pilots, ID'd as Bushmaster. After removing a lingering dreadnought from Curacao's orbit I asked them to pass along a message. Instead they gave me your Neutralnet ID and to contact you ourselves.

Talking straight, I want to know where we might stand with each other. You operate the Xeno movement, us being our own cell of the Gaian. Your pilot mentioned not going into California which isn't exactly ideal for us for a few reasons. We don't want to step on toes so figured a little courtesy call might do well to see your thoughts on where this whole thing stands.

Mary Ward
Lochrath

[Image: Lc48rCo.png]
[Image: I9zgX5U.png?1]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Signal source: Free Republic relay, Liberty
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: g3e7Byz.png]

Sender: Alliance Commander "Cobra"
Recipient: Mary Ward
Subject: Courtesy Call

Ward.

You're right, it might be less than ideal, but that's better than it being far from ideal. There are certain principles we stand on, and I'm not willing to compromise in that capacity. We do not want foreign elements operating in Liberty or otherwise trying to influence affairs in Liberty from the outside.

I'm not willing to negotiate any exception where you'd have free run of California, even if you were under supervision. There is no situation where I am content to let entities from the outside cross the line cemented in the Independent Worlds, however everything past that point is fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Planetform's gone anyway, your reason to cross the line left with them. So there's no point in you dying on that hill. If you want to hit targets in Cortez or Magellan, be your own guest and do it. The Independent Worlds should honestly be more true to their namesake anyway, now more than ever.

If there's anything else, this line is open.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

☠ Transmission signal lost.
¬ COMMID: Mary Ward
¬ RECIPIENT: "Cobra"

A man of firm talk. A rarity these days I find.

Speaking honest if our intentions were to operate "free reign" in California or further we'd have just done so. However, that isn't the case at all for the time being. What we are looking for are ports and docks. Places to go for repairs or to get off ship. Supplies. The standard thing. While they make engines last basically forever these days we still need to eat and breath.

We don't own Handayan anymore, you do. In California specifically there is a freeport that's come to our attention which wouldn't be a bad place to fall back to. That's where our interests lie. Not striking the navy, nor extorting the transport ships. Port and trade. Going to the same port tends to have people noticing your routes and leads to issues down the road. Cycling ports tends to be the more logical play.

That's were our interests lie. The station now known as Leyte, and the Fontana Freeport.

Mary Ward
Lochrath

[Image: Lc48rCo.png]
[Image: I9zgX5U.png?1]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Signal source: Free Republic relay, Liberty
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: g3e7Byz.png]

Sender: Alliance Commander "Cobra"
Recipient: Mary Ward
Subject: Courtesy Call

Ward.

I have no interest in accommodating your needs for port and trade. I can't just tell the crew of Leyte to accept a ship of your affiliation mooring with it, and if I ask them their answer would just be a no. You could try to use the Freeport in California, but we'll try to kill you for being in the system and I maintain no policies for the handling of prisoners.

Your best bet is to make use of Barrier Gate Station in Coronado whenever you're in the region. It's the least problematic. Otherwise you might try reconnecting with the cutoff Cohort in Vespucci. They probably don't hate your guts like they do ours and that should be good enough to secure you a little assistance.

We don't want you at Leyte and not in California either.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

☠ Transmission signal lost.